It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unmitigated Arrogance of the Deep State Author

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Who is saying it is OK. It's like saying people accept criminals. No, it is because there will always be criminals. It is the world.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Let's see, Trump has been less than honest with people but he expects otherwise from other people. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: olaru12
I think taking control from a demented older president is the patriotic thing to do. Like they did with Reagan.

Certainly...but there is a process by which to do it which does not subvert the 'will of the people'. If Trump has fully transitioned from oaf to loon, then not to engage the 25th is cowardice.

The oped is part of the process. Prime the pump, trump is bringing the 25th down on his own head with the paranoia and the mass purge we are all looking forward to. The entire WH has become chaotic and incapable of governing. There's your 25th.
Shades of watergate and Iran Contra all rolled up into a beautiful red white and blue package. Don't ya just love American politics?
edit on 7-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Trump twists the truth and sometimes just lies on his way to and in the Oval office then starts this talk of fake news which includes him but his diehard followers fail to see both sides.
edit on 9/7/2018 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
he knows more than most generals, he could just go it alone..

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Let's see, Trump has been less than honest with people but he expects otherwise from other people. Good luck.

If you expect truth from politicians you will always end up disappointed. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Trump twists the truth and sometimes just lies on his way to and in the Oval office then starts this talk of fake news which includes him but his diehard followers fail to see both sides.

It isn’t the job of a politician to inform the public. That duty lies with the media.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

If you expect truth from politicians you will always end up disappointed. Good luck.

Then what is this whole thread about?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Then what is this whole thread about?

Should I write the OP again for you?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It isn’t the job of a politician to inform the public. That duty lies with the media.

Really? They are the leaders of the country. The press gets involved to make sure it is done or to be the conduit. Why does Trump tweet then?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Really? They are the leaders of the country. The press gets involved to make sure it is done or to be the conduit. Why does Trump tweet then?

Yeah really. The leaders of the country are to lead the country, even to kill and lie if necessary.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I think I got it now...Just accept trumps lies, no questions, it's all fake news, STFU and do as your told. Is that what you want?

Like in North Korea? Totalitarianism? Christ isn't the Corporatacracy enough for you?

edit on 7-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I think I got it now...Just accept trumps lies, no questions, it's all fake news, STFU and do as your told. Is that what you want?

No. I just don’t understand why we’d hold the same standards to a single politician as we would to the entire 4th estate.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

No. I just don’t understand why we’d hold the same standards to a single politician as we would to the entire 4th estate.

Jesus kid, the politicans are elected. The "4th estate" is corporate. You want a state run media like NK?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Jesus kid, the politicans are elected. The "4th estate" is corporate. You want a state run media like NK?

No, and I'm not sure how you've come to this conclusion. Because we hold institutions to their own standards does not mean they need to be regulated.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: xuenchen

The NYTimes article was written by DNC PR contractors, not any White House staff.

Does anyone know there's a high stakes election coming in a few weeks?

You have a very active imagination, to say the least.

... and some good inside information too sometimes.

😎🚬

Oh you're into that "Q" nonsense are you?

****backs away slowly so as not to disturb the crazy person****
so you think the idea of the DNC using this to "provoke a response" is completely off base? Can you elaborate on why?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

what completely blows my mind, is that some members here are smart enough to understand what this means if it's a real thing, and yet they seem OK with it, even cheer it. It's in direct conflict with the Constitution of the United States, but BAMN, means just that. Just this once, we will allow the document in question to be used to wipe asses. Then it's right back in the glass.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

what completely blows my mind, is that some members here are smart enough to understand what this means if it's a real thing, and yet they seem OK with it, even cheer it. It's in direct conflict with the Constitution of the United States, but BAMN, means just that. Just this once, we will allow the document in question to be used to wipe asses. Then it's right back in the glass.

It's freaky. We're in banana republic territory here, and few seem to care. IF what the author says is true, his/her hypocrisy is just more evidence of this. While telling us they are "preserving our institutions of democracy", at they same time they are subverting it. It's all fake, and the best outcome in my estimation is to show this is all a piece of propaganda. That would at least mean the institutions of democracy still stand.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

The NYTimes article was written by DNC PR contractors, not any White House staff.

Does anyone know there's a high stakes election coming in a few weeks?

You have a very active imagination, to say the least.

... and some good inside information too sometimes.

😎🚬

Oh you're into that "Q" nonsense are you?

****backs away slowly so as not to disturb the crazy person****
so you think the idea of the DNC using this to "provoke a response" is completely off base? Can you elaborate on why?

It reeks of desperation from Trump supporters.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Double.
edit on 7/9/2018 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join