It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unmitigated Arrogance of the Deep State Author

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip
No one said otherwise. We're talking about our politicians and bureaucrats doing the jobs we pay them to do.

Moderating an out of control President, who is quite likely no longer mentally capable of being President is part of the job we pay them to do.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

They were not elected, but who put them in power? Trump.

And?

It's a terrible argument to blame Trump for something committed by those who oppose him.

If he gave them the position then he has some part in it.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

maybe so, but trump hired them..

I wager the right will blame Hillary and Obama.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Moderating an out of control President, who is quite likely no longer mentally capable of being President is part of the job we pay them to do.

That's false. Nonetheless, you believe the diagnosis as it is delivered by verifiable, self-absorbed idiot, so long as it confirms your biases.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Every administration has people who want to change or end it. It's politics.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

He has some part in the actions of those he employs. That's just nonsense.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

For example?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I just want them to do their jobs. I garuntee you thwarting the president's agenda isn't in the job description.

They are loyal to party platform ideas like tax reform and military spending. This isn't a shadow government that's preventing the President from doing what they're supposed to do. All they're preventing is more incidents where the President does things like write:

"Kim Jong Un of North Korea proclaims “unwavering faith in President Trump.” Thank you to Chairman Kim. We will get it done together!"

Or the incident with Putin where still no one knows what was discussed.

Or where we were moments away from declaring war on Venezuela a couple months ago, just because Trump thought they were weak and easy to invade and an easy way to secure oil.

Whoever wrote this, is for the Presidents agenda, but also for a competent government. That is precisely what they are supposed to be doing.

If Trump owned a horse, he would probably give it a cabinet post.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think taking control from a demented older president is the patriotic thing to do. Like they did with Reagan.

But I'm not very comfortable with Mike "lodestar" Pence writing the oped!

edit on 7-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

maybe so, but trump hired them..

I wager the right will blame Hillary and Obama.

I'm sure they will. Michael Cohn, the man Woodwards accused as stealing documents from the president's desk, was a registered Dem.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

a reply to: roadgravel

He has some part in the actions of those he employs. That's just nonsense.

It's called being a boss. I've always been held accountable for what my employees do.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

For example?

Jimmy Carter.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

For example?

How so many here hated Obama. Plenty of people love Trump and plenty don't and want him out. Some day after you watch politics for a few years you will see.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Reagan's crew conspiring with Iran to get Reagan in and Carter out. That was pretty bad. That involved a foreign country being used for influence.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
doesn't trump suspect it was someone from national security?

lol they know he's putin's puppet, gotta rein him in a bit so it isn't too obvious.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The NYTimes article was written by DNC PR contractors, not any White House staff.
You say that like it's a fact. Any proof your statement isn't rectally sourced?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I think taking control from a demented older president is the patriotic thing to do. Like they did with Reagan.

Certainly...but there is a process by which to do it which does not subvert the 'will of the people'. If Trump has fully transitioned from oaf to loon, then not to engage the 25th is cowardice.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Reagan's crew conspiring with Iran to get Reagan in and Carter out. That was pretty bad. That involved a foreign country being used for influence.

Maybe I just don’t understand how because something was done in the past, it’s ok to do it today. Actually that’s a common fallacy.
edit on 7-9-2018 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I just want them to do their jobs. I garuntee you thwarting the president's agenda isn't in the job description.

They are loyal to party platform ideas like tax reform and military spending. This isn't a shadow government that's preventing the President from doing what they're supposed to do. All they're preventing is more incidents where the President does things like write:

"Kim Jong Un of North Korea proclaims “unwavering faith in President Trump.” Thank you to Chairman Kim. We will get it done together!"

Or the incident with Putin where still no one knows what was discussed.

Or where we were moments away from declaring war on Venezuela a couple months ago, just because Trump thought they were weak and easy to invade and an easy way to secure oil.

Whoever wrote this, is for the Presidents agenda, but also for a competent government. That is precisely what they are supposed to be doing.

If Trump owned a horse, he would probably give it a cabinet post.

That’s not true. Senior officials have specific roles and duties, none of which involves “thwarting the presidents agenda and worse inclinations.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: olaru12

Certainly...but there is a process by which to do it which does not subvert the 'will of the people'. If Trump has fully transitioned from oaf to loon, then not to engage the 25th is cowardice.

Exactly right.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join