It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unmitigated Arrogance of the Deep State Author

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

It was written by a senior white house official. Not the DNC nor any PR contractors.
It was written by people who are witnessing the total melt down of the dick. First hand and in person.

OoUu getting nasty lately are we?

💥😎💥

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

It was written by a senior white house official. Not the DNC nor any PR contractors.
It was written by people who are witnessing the total melt down of the dick. First hand and in person.

You're accepting the anecdotal account of a verifiable idiot.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

lol

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

How are they not? We know who they are, and as far as senior officials accountability, that is Trump's job. He can fire them whenever he'd like.

How are they not known and accountable? You realize the article was written anonymously, I hope.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

No time for subtleties... Just RUN!

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

How are they not? We know who they are, and as far as senior officials accountability, that is Trump's job. He can fire them whenever he'd like.

How are they not known and accountable? You realize the article was written anonymously, I hope.

That's part of living in a free society.

Do you want rules against people working in the government anonymously speaking to the people? If we do that, no one will tell us the inner workings of our government in fear of their job. It's a double edged sword.

You're bringing up problems, but not offering any solutions. It's just ranting at this point that Trump had a unsavory op-ed come out about him by someone he appointed.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Do you want rules against people working in the government anonymously speaking to the people? If we do that, no one will tell us the inner workings of our government in fear of their job. It's a double edged sword.

You're bringing up problems, but not offering any solutions. It's just ranting at this point that Trump had a unsavory op-ed come out about him by someone he appointed.

No one said anything about that. Maybe you're confused about what it means when unelected, unaccountable politicians are subverting the democratically-elected leaders and their agendas, but I'm not sure how you can construe that as "anonymously speaking to the people".

You're still confused as to what the problems are, or are intentionally trying to obfuscate my points.
edit on 7-9-2018 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

No one said anything about that. Maybe you're confused about what it means when unelected, unaccountable politicians are subverting the democratically-elected leaders and their agendas, but I'm not sure how you can construe that as "anonymously speaking to the people".

You're still confused as to what the problems are, or are intentionally trying to obfuscate my points.

I'm confused what your point is, hence why I've been asking questions for you to clarify it more. Seriously, I'm not trying to obfuscate your point.

Yes they are unelected, they are appointed by those we elect. So would you like us to elect them?

They disagree with him on certain parts of his platform, they are not trying to derail it as a whole.... That happens in every cabinet, it provides balance.

You keep talking like you want Trump to have full control in enacting his agenda without resistance. Do you want to reform the system so he is more capable of doing so?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Kryties

No time for subtleties... Just RUN!

Walk, run....I'm good with anything that puts distance between myself and the crazy person. Even this would be acceptable...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Kryties

The NYTimes article was written by DNC PR contractors, not any White House staff.

Does anyone know there's a high stakes election coming in a few weeks?

You have a very active imagination, to say the least.

... and some good inside information too sometimes.

😎🚬

Mine is better than yours and they say the WH is in total fingerpointing paranoid, melt down, chaos. Mine are GOP media people that I worked with during the campaigne...who are yours.
edit on 7-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

a reply to: NiNjABackflip

They were not elected, but who put them in power? Trump.

The Executive branch is meant to be in large part unelected. It creates stability between administrations.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Kryties

The NYTimes article was written by DNC PR contractors, not any White House staff.

Does anyone know there's a high stakes election coming in a few weeks?

You have a very active imagination, to say the least.

... and some good inside information too sometimes.

😎🚬

Mine is better than yours and they say the WH is in total fingerpointing melt down chaos. Mine are GOP media people, who's yours?

This dude......apparently.....

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Yes they are unelected, they are appointed by those we elect. So would you like us to elect them?

I just want them to do their jobs. I garuntee you thwarting the president's agenda isn't in the job description.

They disagree with him on certain parts of his platform, they are not trying to derail it as a whole.... That happens in every cabinet, it provides balance.

Again, no one is talking about disagreeing with him on certain parts of his platform. We're talking about "thwarting his agenda and worse inclintations".

Does it state anywhere in my OP or in the NYT article about disagreement? No. So why bring it up?

You keep talking like you want Trump to have full control in enacting his agenda without resistance. Do you want to reform the system so he is more capable of doing so?

I've never said such a thing. So again, I have to ask, are you confused or actively trying to obfuscate my points?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I've never said such a thing. So again, I have to ask, are you confused or actively trying to obfuscate my points?

Just asking questions. It's not getting me very far.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Just asking questions. It's not getting me very far.

Let's try to clear it up then, so at least I know where you're coming from.

Let me ask you some questions.

How is "thwarting the presidents agenda and worst inclinations" merely disagreeing with certain parts of Trump's platform?

How is me opposing someone ""thwarting the presidents agenda and worst inclinations" the same as opposing someone writing an Op-Ed?

I'll try to understand.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

They were not elected, but who put them in power? Trump.

The Executive branch is meant to be in large part unelected. It creates stability between administrations.

No one said otherwise. We're talking about our politicians and bureaucrats doing the jobs we pay them to do.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

How is "thwarting the presidents agenda and worst inclinations" merely disagreeing with certain parts of Trump's platform?

Extremists have the loudest voice in our country. I wouldn't call Trump an extreme right, but rather an extreme nationalist capitalist. You are welcome to like him for that platform, many people don't.

He is duly elected, correct, so he can do the best in his power in implementing his platform, but beware, the more he gets done, the more the other side will want to bring back the pendulum.

So, every partisan citizen wants their side to have more power, more specifically while "their guy" is in the chair. What people don't realize is when they fight for this, they fight for the other team too.

So you want a more accountable cabinet, how do you propose doing that?

Keep in mind, while you want all these things now, will you be happy you championed them if Elizabeth Warren gets elected?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Extremists have the loudest voice in our country. I wouldn't call Trump an extreme right, but rather an extreme nationalist capitalist. You are welcome to like him for that platform, many people don't.

He is duly elected, correct, so he can do the best in his power in implementing his platform, but beware, the more he gets done, the more the other side will want to bring back the pendulum.

So, every partisan citizen wants their side to have more power, more specifically while "their guy" is in the chair. What people don't realize is when they fight for this, they fight for the other team too.

So you want a more accountable cabinet, how do you propose doing that?

Keep in mind, while you want all these things now, will you be happy you championed them if Elizabeth Warren gets elected?

I'm sorry friend, but this has nothing to do with anything I'm speaking about. I'm speaking about subversives within the administration actively hindering the administration, up to and including stealing documents from the president's desk, and seeking to replace Trump's agenda with their own. That's not their job. That's not what the people pay them to do. That's not what our duly elected leaders choose them to do.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

stealing papers from his desk is wrong (and, i'd LOVE to know what they were regarding! ) but, isn't it on trump to find those people and deal with it himself. he hired them..

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

stealing papers from his desk is wrong (and, i'd LOVE to know what they were regarding! ) but, isn't it on trump to find those people and deal with it himself. he hired them..

Yes it is on Trump. He should fire them. I wager that this author is next in line to be fired, and he'll come out of it with an expensive book deal and the credibility that comes with being anti-Trump in elite, establishment and celebrity circles.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join