It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unmitigated Arrogance of the Deep State Author

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Many senior officials in Trump’s own administration are working from within to thwart parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations – so go the claims of an anonymous author writing in the New York Times.

The problem is, the American citizenry voted for President Trump, his agenda, and his worst inclinations. To have it all “frustrated” by unelected, unnamed and unaccountable actors is to essentially nullify the will of the people in favor of the will of some self-proclaimed, self-appointed “steady-state”. So compelled are they to “preserve our democratic institutions” that they run roughshod all over them.

“The root of the problem”, according to the author, “is the president’s amorality”, and not any illicit, corrupt, or criminal activity. In a former time a president could get away with preying on young interns, engaging in extra-marital affairs in the oval office without so-much as a peep from his staff, and even have outlets like Newsweek sit on the story. These days we can’t even stand a little “ranting” or “veering off-topic” in meetings or “flip-flopping”, and anyone who wants to outline these crimes against humanity can do so anonymously to the New York Times (the author at least knew his audience). Remember, these are the “adults in the room”.

The cowardly mouthpiece of this admitted cabal wished we might revere statesman like John McCain, the sort of career politician with enough poor judgement to put him among the central figures of the Keating Five scandal, as both a participant and an alleged leaker. It’s no coincidence that those who “restore honor to public life” often find themselves in dishonorable positions.

The unmitigated arrogance of the author is betrayed best by his stupidity. The very revelation of the steady-state will promise an unsteady one. The admission of this cabal will exacerbate rather than thwart the president’s worst inclinations. Instead of bringing “honor to public life”, it only proves there was never any honor to begin with, just the same, cookie-cutter Washington elites ready to dismiss the will of the people in favor of its own.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

They were not elected, but who put them in power? Trump.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

The problem is, the American citizenry voted for President Trump, his agenda, and his worst inclinations. To have it all “frustrated” by unelected, unnamed and unaccountable actors is to essentially nullify the will of the people in favor of the will of some self-proclaimed, self-appointed “steady-state”.

This is essentially the definition of Deep State. It's hilarious that there's still people who claim there is no Deep State, that it's just something Trump made up. First of all, that term was around long before Trump started using it. Secondly, this concept is very, very old. We just used to call it The Bureaucracy. It's taught in Civics classes as, essentially, our unofficial 4th branch of government. There have been unelected career officials and appointees running their own playbook as long as we've been a country. People who have just in the last few years heard about this seized on it and started calling it the Deep State but it's nothing new.

This is the same phenomenon that happened with the "fake news". The media actually thinks Trump is responsible for people not trusting them. People had lost faith in the media long ago, Trump just realized that and has been using it to his advantage. He's doing the same with the Deep State. It's something people already knew about that he just seized on.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

And?

It's a terrible argument to blame Trump for something committed by those who oppose him.
edit on 7-9-2018 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The NYTimes article was written by DNC PR contractors, not any White House staff.

Does anyone know there's a high stakes election coming in a few weeks?

💥💥😃💥💥

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

They were wrong...again.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Don't fall too hard for the MSM dreck.

Falling hard can get somebody hurt.

💥🚮🚬💥

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Don't fall too hard for the MSM dreck.

Falling hard can get somebody hurt.

💥🚮🚬💥

You know how I can tell you like me? Because you could have burned me harder and had red head blow vape cloud on me.

I like you too

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

So compelled are they to “preserve our democratic institutions” that they run roughshod all over them.

I can understand and even sympathize with your sentiment, but I also recognize its rather sophomoric.

Regardless of who you vote for, the "Deep State" continuously works behind the scenes directing the execution of their agenda. There's nothing about that which the elected puppet politicians or the voters have any control over.

The stupidity of the "Anonymous" NYT Op Ed was that it was ever submitted and the Deep State author actually submitted it and admitted what they do. We've mostly all known that's what they have always been doing, Obama's Administration, Trump's Administration and GW's Administration. The office of POTUS isn't independent; its a Puppet Position.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
There are some common arguments to dismiss the danger of the deep state, often deflecting it back on Trump, one of which we've already seen:

- Trump hired them, as if employers should be accountable for the actions of their employees.
- These people are defending the country's institutions and its values, but are unable to state which values and institutions, and how they are defending them.
- This proves Trump's instability, as if anecdotal, biased evidence constitutes a proper diagnosis.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The NYTimes article was written by DNC PR contractors, not any White House staff.

💥💥😃💥💥

You have a very active imagination, to say the least.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Every president has met resistance in enacting their agenda. There is a reason there are so many government positions.

I feel like at the end of the day, people complaining about this are really just hiding behind a veil they wish Trump had absolute power.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

So compelled are they to “preserve our democratic institutions” that they run roughshod all over them.

I can understand and even sympathize with your sentiment, but I also recognize its rather sophomoric.

Regardless of who you vote for, the "Deep State" continuously works behind the scenes directing the execution of their agenda. There's nothing about that which the elected puppet politicians or the voters have any control over.

The stupidity of the "Anonymous" NYT Op Ed was that it was ever submitted and the Deep State author actually submitted it and admitted what they do. We've mostly all known that's what they have always been doing, Obama's Administration, Trump's Administration and GW's Administration. The office of POTUS isn't independent; its a Puppet Position.

Perhaps that's the reason why some agendas and promises disappear after the campaign trail.

The problem is the bureaucratic machinery has grown out of control. Not any one person or group controls it.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

... and some good inside information too sometimes.

😎🚬

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Every president has met resistance in enacting their agenda. There is a reason there are so many government positions.

I feel like at the end of the day, people complaining about this are really just hiding behind a veil they wish Trump had absolute power.

I understand when people want to remain dismissive. Thinking about this stuff is difficult, the implications dire, and one risks looking like a partisan choosing one side over the next. But that to me is cowardice.

Feelings are great and all, but the reality is someone other than who was voted in is attempting to step in and run the country. You either accept it, move on, or you oppose it.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Feelings are great and all, but the reality is someone other than who was voted in is attempting to step in and run the country. You either accept it, move on, or you oppose it.

He still is, and most of his agenda still gets pushed.

What do you want to happen?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

... and some good inside information too sometimes.

😎🚬

Oh you're into that "Q" nonsense are you?

****backs away slowly so as not to disturb the crazy person****

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I want those running the country to be known and accountable to the people.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It was written by a senior white house official. Not the DNC nor any PR contractors.
It was written by people who are witnessing the total melt down of the dick. First hand and in person.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

I want those running the country to be known and accountable to the people.

How are they not? We know who they are, and as far as senior officials accountability, that is Trump's job. He can fire them whenever he'd like.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join