It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama jumps back into political fray calls out Trump by name

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I still don't like Obama's Herman Munster chin.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: xuenchen

That was actually a great speech. At least he has some humor and can articulate his words correctly. I challenge Trump to do the same.

You're kidding right?

Mr. Teleprompter in chief?

When the hammer drops on him and Hillary, he will use Kenyan citizenship as a means of escape. Once again proving that trump always ends up being right.

Well when and that happens i’ll Send you some bear ribs!

If the opposite happens than I expect some. Deal?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Trump responded:

“I’m sorry, I watched it, but I fell asleep,” he said. “I found he’s very good for sleeping.”

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

That was actually a great speech. At least he has some humor and can articulate his words correctly. I challenge Trump to do the same.

You're kidding right?

When the hammer drops on him and Hillary, he will use Kenyan citizenship as a means of escape. Once again proving that trump always ends up being right.

Absolutely!

No bears where I live, but gator tail/alligator gar steaks are delicious.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Ones stupidity does not originate from someone else. They are already stupid. Simple as that.

Well, since some of these stupid people have also now fallen to
ciminal levels, were they both stupid and criminal when Obama
decided to have them in his administration?

Or did they become stupid and criminal during their service
under him?

Obviously stupid before. I voted for the big O at first because I thought he would fix our great nation but that went down the drain very fast seeing as he flipped flopped. And I was going to vote for Trump but then I realized that it doesn’t F# matter. So i did not vote. Now I only vote in local elections.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You're kidding right?

Absolutely!

No bears where I live, but gator tail/alligator gar steaks are delicious.

OMG that sounds good! Have you ever tried an Armadillo Sandwich?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The zer0 man forgot to talk about his wonderful people in his Adminiztrazion...

James Comey
Loretta Lynch
Hillary Clinton
Sally Yates
Peter Strzok
Lisa Page
Andrew McCabe
Eric Holder

just to name 8 skate and donate

💥The💥Autumn💥Witch💥of💥November💥will💥Remember💥

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Guess this means certain whataboutisms are valid again.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

I take it you’ve never heard Barry speak without a Teleprompter. It’s embarassing. I feel embarrassed for him.

I have watched every single speech from him since the 2004 DNC speech thank you very much.

Ummm...I bet you just dangled on every one of his participles...

As in...gone...has been...freak show...sad sack...poor looser...

If if if if if...if if if if if if if...

Now that thar's some beautiful speechification...I must admit...

YouSir
edit on 7-9-2018 by YouSir because: I needed a little space...

edit on 7-9-2018 by YouSir because: the if's...have it...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

I take it you’ve never heard Barry speak without a Teleprompter. It’s embarassing. I feel embarrassed for him.

I have watched every single speech from him since the 2004 DNC speech thank you very much.

Ummm...I bet you just dangled on every one of his participles...

As in...gone...has been...freak show...sad sack...poor looser...

If if if if if...if if if if if if…

Now that thar's some beautiful speechification...I must admit...

YouSir

Really? I mean really really???

C’mon dude you should know by now that I havn’t done so.

I feel offended and you now need to show me to the PC bathroom. I now need to cry and huddle whilst jamming some sad music.

.....DUDE

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Who can forget "Mission Accomplished".

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

He absolutely was aware he was selling the soul of America to the corporate elitists and seemex very proud of his push towards their NWO.

Sure. I don't get too far in to that NWO woo. You're barking up the wrong tree for that.

He was absolutely aware that he weaponized the intelligent community against an American citizen.

Sure. I'm not surprised you think that is what actually happened.

I don't understand how it is people can say Trump doesn't know what he is doing. He has delivered on the majority of his campaign promises within the first 2 years of his presidency, which in recent history is quite remarkable.

It's not so much that he has or has not kept his campaign promises. It's that he is a dip# that does not understand the role he plays and the machinations of government itself.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

That was Trumps fault also.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The War on Terror was over.

Only they didn't get the memo.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The War on Terror was over.

Only they didn't get the memo.

...and the memo said 'Don't worry, Allah is going to make Obama president and he'll make damn sure that terrorists get another chance'.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

He eliminated the tax that was keeping trillions of corporate wealth in offshore accounts. Money
has been reinvested into the US economy and should continue to do so as a result of this tax break.

Not exactly. No tax was "eliminated." The corporate tax rate was dropped to a flat 21% in conjunction with a one-time repatriation tax holiday at a rate of 8%.

I don't know the current total but as of a couple months back, the estimated repatriated corporate profits were about $305 billion. In 2004, there was a repatriation tax holiday with an even lower tax rate of I think it was 5.8% that resulted in a repatriation of about $312 billion.

Nobody is arguing that tax breaks don't provide an instant boost. That's far from the whole story though, obviously.

Obama had nothing to do with this tax cut nor did he have anything to do with the tarrifs or eliminating regulations that have brought many manufacturing jobs back to the US.

Who said that he did have anything to do with the Republican tax cut? Not me. I said that Obama made the Bush tax cuts, which were expiring, permanent.

Is eliminating regulations for the sake of eliminating regulations an inherently good thing? What regulations have been eliminated that you're really psyched about specifically?

For perspective, manufacturing employment 1975-now:

And for greater resolution of 2007-now:

Hardly a drastic uptick in manufacturing employment. Now consider that at the absolute peak of manufacturing employment (1979), there were about 220 million people in the US. There are 325 million or so now. There were nearly twice the manufacturing jobs with a third less people.

Talking about manufacturing jobs "coming back" made a lot more sense a couple decades ago. To hit the 1979 level, we'd need like a 150% increase in manufacturing employment not the 2.6% or whatever over the last two years. That's just not going to happen, no matter how many regulations you cut, as long as people in other countries work for a fraction of US wages. You could try to artificially shift jobs here through tariffs but what's that going to result in? An increase in cost and retaliatory tariffs.

And also understand that cutting taxes without proportional decreases in spending is basically gambling on unproved heterodox economy theory ("supply-side economics") — that it will stimulate economic growth, expanding the tax base to make up the difference.

The federal deficit had dropped significantly following the GR years, it was up $80 billion or so last year at $665 billion and this year it's estimated at $833 billion. Think that through. It's like taking a household bill and putting it on a credit card every month and then acting like you got a raise.

Now, it's *possible* that this is all going to work out and the tax base will expand and they'll decrease the deficit through increased tax revenue but then again, it's even more likely that the ultimate result will be less tax revenue which means piling on more national debt (which has a cost to service), cutting the budget or both. So what gets cut? Well it won't be military spending. It won't be the social welfare programs that Republicans as a whole favor.

So what? Act like we're really sticking it to China on the front end while they buy our debt on the back end? Wait until the next Democrat comes into office and then start freaking out about the national debt?

And don't even get me started on regulations.

Bringing back asbestos by changing how the EPA evaluates impact? Lowering gas mileage requirements? Letting old diesel truck engines that don't meet current standards back on the road in new chassis? Rolling back coal ash requirements to prop up a dying industry so Trump can blather about loving coal like a clown? Screw clean air and waterways, what we need is more smog, rivers so polluted you wouldn't want to canoe across them let alone eat anything caught swimming in them and new Superfund sites for all.

What happens when the economy inevitably slows?

You can disagree with the tax cuts. You can disagree with the rolling back of environmental regulations. But you can't give Obama credit for these things.

I can assure you I wasn't trying to give Obama "credit" for either. I was simply pointing out that despite what the person I was responding to was representing, Obama didn't raise taxes.
edit on 2018-9-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Obama gave a fantastic speech, which was completely true and should rouse Democratic voters to put the criminals out of office in November.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

No, No and No
edit on 7-9-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

...and the memo said 'Don't worry, Allah is going to make Obama president and he'll make damn sure that terrorists get another chance'.
Would that have been before or after he had bin Laden taken out?
edit on 7-9-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Obama gave a fantastic speech

Which he always does. Because that's his main talent. He's still just another partisan prick.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join