It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama jumps back into political fray calls out Trump by name

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The zer0Bama is BACK !!

He's hot on the campaign trail for Democrats and he's bashing Trump.

He's mad and bitter because HE thinks the growing economy and better jobs are all HIS work 😃😃

I'm sure the RNC is laughing and counting the Republican votes he is chalking up 😎

The ol' con man is BACK !!

And he got an award too !!

Obama jumps back into political fray, calls out Trump by name: 'He is a symptom, not the cause'

Former President Obama on Friday lamented the state of politics today, calling out his successor, Donald Trump, by name as he started his push to ramp up Democratic energy for midterms.

Mr. Obama made his return to the political arena by giving a speech at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign after receiving the Paul H. Douglas Award for Ethics in Government.

He praised America’s accomplishments but said there is a darker side to progress when politicians peddle resentment and mistrust to preserve the status quo.

Obama Complains About Trump Taking Credit for Strong Economy

Former President Barack Obama bashed President Trump for taking credit for the strong American economy during a politically charged speech at the University of Illinois on Friday.

“By the time I left office, household income was near its all-time high, and the uninsured rate had hit an all-time low, and wages were rising, and poverty rates were falling. I mention all this just so when you hear how great the economy is doing right now, let’s just remember when this recovery started,” Obama said to applause from the audience.

“When you hear about this economic miracle that’s been going on – when the job numbers come out … and suddenly Republicans are saying, ‘It’s a miracle!’ I have to kind of remind them: actually, those job numbers are the same as they were in 2015 and 2016,” he added.

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

UUmmm...

This economic news from the guy who said it wasn't possible? Same guy who said Trump lied about it even BEING possible... that Trump would need a magic wand?

Between him, the antics of the Democrats at the confirmation hearings this week and the good economic news under Trump, the blue wave appears to now be a massive wave of people leaving the Democratic party.

Keep it going Obama!!! It seems you are finally doing good for America!!

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

So when Obama was president, it was all Bush's fault.

When Trump is president, it's all because of Obama.

For 8 years he took credit for everything good, and blamed everything bad on everyone else.

I've seen jellyfish with stronger spines than this loser.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So when Obama was president, it was all Bush's fault.

When Trump is president, it's all because of Obama.

For 8 years he took credit for everything good, and blamed everything bad on everyone else.

Truly the personification of a Democratic leader, is he not?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I was watching his speech to the packed house of snowflake kids at that Illinois college. Poor guy. Unable to admit how he screwed the nation.

But that was the best speech you'll hear from any Democrat between now and November. Obama shot the entire load today, LOL.
edit on 9/7/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The ol' con man himself.....from June 2016

Obama: Some jobs 'are just not going to come back'

😃😃🤪😃😃

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I would bet that he'll be doing a perp walk within two years if he doesn't get a Democrat congress. This is most likely the reason he is on the stump!

Most ex-presidents can't wait to leave DC but not BHO. He is hanging on to guard his ass. He had built a home in Chicago but since Hillary lost he remains in Washington.

As indictments start happening of officials of his weaponized government agencies, he will be more and more visible.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Obama quotes:

"When somebody says like the person you just mentioned who I’m not going to advertise for, that he’s going to bring all these jobs back. Well, how exactly are you going to do that? What are you going to do? There’s uh-uh no answer to it. He just says. “I’m going to negotiate a better deal.” Well how? How exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually, the answer is, he doesn’t have an answer."

I guess he did have a magic wand after all.

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan."

That was a load of crap.

"I will cut taxes - cut taxes - for 95 percent of all working families, because, in an economy like this, the last thing we should do is raise taxes on the middle class."

Thanks, Trump

"The time to fix our broken immigration system is now... We need stronger enforcement on the border and at the workplace"

Again, thanks to Trump

"We have to make sure America writes the rules of the global economy, and we should do it today while our economy is in the position of global strength because if we don't write the rules for trade around the world, guess what: China will."

Alright, it's getting awkward now, but thanks again Trump. These quotes were my primary reasons for voting for Obama and when he didn't come through I decided it was time for a change. It wasn't about race, it wasn't about the pc culture, it was always about the economy for me.

edit on 7-9-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: added content

edit on 7-9-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

Obama said that Trump was sicking the DOJ/FBI on his enemies, using lies and fabrications. He looked scared.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Wow, just wow.

He controlled a facade of recovery whilst filtering hundreds of millions of dollars into Democrat bank accounts.

The sad thing is, many, many people will believe his Bullsh!t...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Not a big fan of the guy, but at least he knew what he was doing and yes he takes some credit for doing what he did after the 2008 disaster he had to deal with.

The Right wanted a reality tv star, well they got it...and all the drama it comes with. Which includes people actually using his name when they speak about him.

Not sure why that is drama or news, but considering who we are talking about, I am not surprised.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Obama said that Trump was sicking the DOJ/FBI on his enemies, using lies and fabrications. He looked scared.

Proves he was guilty himself doesn't it.

The zer0 has always been easy to read.

He forgot to mention the IRS 💥😃💥

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'll just leave this here.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: carewemust

Proves he was guilty himself doesn't it.

The zer0 has always been easy to read.

He forgot to mention the IRS 💥😃💥

I don't think even he could keep a straight face mentioning the IRS...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
At about 1:20 in here is Obama with all certainty that Trump
will not be president, along with a bunch of other Wiz people
that all said the same thing.

Obama was a puppet, he moves his mouth and hands thats all.

originally posted by: introvert
but at least he knew what he was doing and yes he takes some credit for doing what he did after the 2008 disaster he had to deal with.

edit on 7-9-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

link   
He didn't say anything that wasn't true.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

Not a big fan of the guy, but at least he knew what he was doing and yes he takes some credit for doing what he did after the 2008 disaster he had to deal with.

The Right wanted a reality tv star, well they got it...and all the drama it comes with. Which includes people actually using his name when they speak about him.

Not sure why that is drama or news, but considering who we are talking about, I am not surprised.

Of course Obama knew what he was doing and was pretty good at it.

Managing the decline of America.

You know, where we still would be under Hillary.

Edited to add, you seem to have forgotten to mention that the 2008 financial crisis was a direct result of Progressive Democrat policies. In the housing and finance industries, to be exact.

Read up on it some time!
edit on 7-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

That was actually a great speech. At least he has some humor and can articulate his words correctly. I challenge Trump to do the same.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Obama forgot to mention that he ran the most distrusted White House ever,
he gave lie detector tests to his staff, and prosecuted leakers more than
any other President in history!

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

That was actually a great speech. At least he has some humor and can articulate his words correctly. I challenge Trump to do the same.

I can train a ferret to press the right button on a space craft.

Doesn't make it an astronaut.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join