It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five F-16's...just now (breaking ?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Personally, I don't think there is an aircraft in the sky on planet Earth which is a true match for a fully armed F-15E Strike Eagle with a seasoned pilot and WSO.

F-16's are cool, but they're just toys compared to the F-15. Apples and oranges really. An F-16 would be a formidable opponent against many opponent aircraft, but head to head the strike eagle would eat their lunch in seconds.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

If they aren't, or no one needs any, they wait until September rolls around, and go nuts. It all has to be gone by September 30th.

This is why we have so much waste throughout the entire public/civil service.

I know, I used to waste a lot.

Damn stupid it has always been.

You could save billions every year just by stopping this madness of waste, waste and more waste.

P

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Air to air the C is better. Even though they're the same basic airframe, the E model is heavier and bleeds energy a little more in air to air.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

My question has always been F-14 vs F-15. I guess the 15 is better cause its still in service. I do love the Tomcat though. Probably my 2nd favorite fighter ever, just behind the old F4U.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: stupidusernamehere

What killed the Tomcat was the loss of the Phoenix. Once the Phoenix was gone, there was nothing really available that made the Tomcat worth keeping with the age and maintenance issues that were cropping up.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Was out in the field working today (Friday) and saw a pair of F16s cruising lazily overhead at about 5k. Was nice to see.

Smartass uppity Mr know it all kid coworker said "those are f35s dude. Trust me bro. I know everything those are f35s. I didn't even bother arguing with him. It was too damned hot.

This was in upstate south Carolina. Looked like C models. Wondering what they were doing up by Greenville. McIntyre is in the centre of the state a distance away.

edit on 8-9-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Yesterday 2 F-16's came over smoking fast and low. I assume it was just training day for the ANG here but it was cool to see. I'm always astounded at how loud they are.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I sit regularly right in line with the runway at Dyess AFB. If the wind is the right direction, I get a multiship B-1 alarm clock when the morning go launches. That's always fun to wake up to.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That would be a hell of a wakeup call lol

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Usually by the time #2 comes by, I'm in the seat, curtain open, camera in hand, starting from a dead sleep.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I would imagine. They are crazy loud on take off. Hell they're pretty loud all the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join