It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you smile today?

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Having since moved away again this fall to attend University, I don't get to speak to my father as often as I used to. We used to have coffee in the mornings and talk about everything under the sun - every summer I try to not take this for granted. He truly is my best friend.

Anyway, he sent me a text message this morning, one of those pre-programmed clip art messages, with the capital "I" that has a thought bubble with a "U" in the center of it. It made my day - I can't wait for Christmas Holidays.

- Carrot

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Wah Wah by George Harrison on ''all things must pass'' record

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
UPDATE:

My new doll, given to me by the neighbor, is behaving very well at my house and seems to like it.

She appears to like me as well.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That the FBI is weeding out the bad apples in the government all over the US!!! We sure need that to move foward with the mess we are in. Kudos to them.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I'm still smiling this morning because last night was one of the best nights I've had with my kids ever.
We took the bus to a local mall that was having a "Christmas Stroll".
There was live entertainment, Christmas caroling, A guy making balloon animals, etc..and every store had free goodies at their entrance, There was Candy, cupcakes, cookies, cake, juice..and a host of other baked delights.
But what really got to me, was that as soon as we entered, Santa was there sitting in his big red velvet chair, and my youngest daughter ran up to him with the biggest smile on her face and exclaimed "SANTA! I missed you all year!"
She was wide eyed and giggly, and it was the best feeling I've had in a long time. I got the best picture of my kids smiling while posing with Santa, EVER, and I'll cherish it the rest of my days.
Then I took them out to A&W, for burgers and fries, and chocolate milk. A rarity, for them..cause it's pricey.
After all that, we did some Christmas shopping, and then took a taxi ride home in the dark, and looked at all the Christmas lights on the way.
Perfectly enough, when we got home.."HOME ALONE" was on TV, so we watched that too. What a great night.
After putting them to bed, I stayed up for another 3 hours wrapping presents.Worth every minute.
I feel as Christmassy as Eggnog today.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I work a minimum of six days a week. More often than not, I'll work seven. I love my job and I know my limits. When I begin to tire, I'll take a few days off and rejuvenate myself. Today.. was a day off. And while I didn't really need one, it is nice to have one.

My alarm is set to go off every morning at 8:15am. Today I woke up at 8:27am. It felt like I had slept for weeks.

Now I find myself bored and unsure what to do all day.

Maybe I'll get ambitious and clean the house from top to bottom and prepare a nice supper for when my girlfriend gets home.

...maybe.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
music....
It just has that affect. Got some my anticipated album from favorite group yesterday, shipped from amazon. I don't know, sometimes a song fits your anticipation of the next point in rhythm and pitch and then throws in something unexpected that just makes you sometimes smile

(stuck in my head)

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Walked into the room and saw my 10 month old grandon waking up from his nap..
With his big toe in his mouth, sucking away...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
We had risotto for dinner a couple of nights ago and after we'd finished one of my housemates walked into the living room with something in his hand.

I looked round to question what it was and before I said a word he said 'I know I'm a Philistine but... rice sandwich'

I was just shooting him a disgusted look when we heard an enormous, loud and resigned sigh... coming from the dog.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Finally some national exposure.

RadioCallingAmerica.com
An NPR spot I contributed to; a National Endowment for the Arts program
produced by Deborah Begel.
I played background sax, Dobro, steel, and guitar behind some of the readings.

My reading was called "Love Dried Up" by Jessica Flynn. My background musician was Rodrigo Ceballos on harp.

Please catch it on your National Public Radio station and give me some feedback.

Thanks
whaaa

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
What a nice post.

Being that it's the weekend, I just worked on the web and ended up here, on ATS and BTS, like most days.

No appointments, no meetings, no agenda...just a cup( OK a pot) of coffee, a pack of smokes and Winamp crankin out the tunes.

Thanks what made me smile today.

SeeYa!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
DEFINITELY what made me smile today was the super cute bus driver that picked me up and flirted with me all the way to my stop. Then he told me bus fares were being reduced as of January 1st. PERFECT!!!
Then on the way home I looked out the bus window and saw the most majestic buck just standing on a snow covered hill top. I see deer all the time, but he just looked so magical.
You have to find the awesome in the mundane. That's what makes a day special.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I have two children, it's Christmas morning, what more can I say?

Rush

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Morning Rush! Merry Christmas!
I hear you..
All my team were up at 6am.
The best Christmas we have ever had..and it's not over!

What truly made me smile though, was 2 things:
#1. I got a phone call last night from someone very dear to me, that i have not spoken to in many months. It meant so much to hear their voice, and know they were thinking of me. I'm still smiling.
#2. My kids all put little notes to Santa in their stockings, asking for just one thing. The usual toy requests were on the agenda for my three youngest, but it was my 12 year old daughter's request..that made me cry.
She knew I would see it, and I suppose just wanted to share her most heartfelt wish without saying it out loud.
She asked for nothing for herself this year, only that a wish would come true for me.
She asked for my boyfriend, who lives a distance away, to come see me, and that we could all be a family.

Bless her little heart.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I woke up this morning feeling a little depressed at being alone today. I took the dog outside to potty and all the thousands of cardinals who roost in our trees were out flying and chirping up a storm. With the sun rising on their red feathers, it was spectacular

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I spent two hours on the phone with my darling making this one of my favorite Christmas days ever! Merry Christmas to me, indeed.

Edit: Well, three hours now.

[edit on 25-12-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
My Daughters delight at finally getting a long awaited trampoline from Santa.....my baby Boys beaming smile....he loved the ribbon most , from his presents!
I smiled mostly, because my baby Boy got partially good news before christmas.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The seven year old daughter of our neighbor had a very rough year as she was battling cancer. She is in remission and is doing well.

A white stretch limo just pulled up to their house, The Disney Princesses are waiting inside for her. She was granted a "make a wish" dream and the entire family is going to Disney for a week.

I could not be happier for her and her family, they've had a very traumatic year. It put a huge smile on my face as they deserve this so much.

Rush

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Rush, that is Amazingly wonderful. I love this thread.

All I came here to post was that I went for a walk today with my oldest son in the fresh 20 cm of snow we got, and it was so beautiful. The trees are heavy and branches bent covered with the stuff.
It was gorgeous, till we came upon a snowbank at the end of the walking trail...
Where someone had "Written their name in the snow, thus dying it bright yellow".

so.."Steve" whoever you are..fancy writing you have there.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm here to tell ya, It does this old hippy's heart good the see all these smiling faces, and up lifted spirits, momma's happy with thier kids...

So I want to share some of my good fortune...

I just won a Texas holdem tournament with 500 people participating.

I'm rich I tell ya, rich!!!

Perhaps now I can get VISA off my back and buy some propane.

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join