It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you smile today?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

2. Ras has money in his pocket.

Talk about a sense of humor. Thanks Ducky, this is so funny that it put a smile on my face instantly!

JAK

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
My wonderful fiancee.

06:15 I accidentally set fire to the kitchen... sort of again.

She came down stairs to see exactly what was going on and burst into fits of laughter. No shouting, no complaining, just fits of giggles.

I'd like to take a minute here and point out that I, without thought for my own personal safety, removed the by now quite sizable fire into the garden and promptly extinguished it. Thereby technically saving everyone and am, in fact, quite the hero. I think that a more fair and accurate description of the event rather than any unfortunate comments about my being a buffoon etc. which I put down to my fiancee being in a state of panic upon seeing flames first thing in the morning.

Honestly, my heroism gets no recognition. But such are the burdens a man must bear so I shall not mention to the hurtful comments...
    for the good of all I shall just put the whole thing behind me and pretend it never happened.

[edit on 18/1/08 by JAK]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
When I got home from a friends place, I found my girlfriend in bed with her best friend. They were keeping each other 'company'. And if that wasn't good enough, they invited me to join in. That really had me smiling! Needless to say, we all had a great time.

W

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JAK

Jak,I can relate here.
Last week,I did the same thing.Grease fire on my stove.Never had it happen before though.After the Initial "OH MY GOD!" on my part,and that of my two teens who were in the kitchen at the time...
My daughter looks at me and says.."Mom, do you want ME to cook dinner?"
We all burst out laughing.
I guess in one of those moments even when laughter may seem inappropriate to some,in a weird kinda way it was funny.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

Hah, that one made me laugh too. It reminds me of the opening sentences from a Penthouse Forum story. All that it needs is the opening line of "I never thought it could happen to me."

The funny thing is most of those stories are written by out of work writers or someone with an overactive imagination.

But that's obviously not the case here.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I had a date last night, went to the Oregon Symphony and had a lovely time. They did a bunch of Nelson Riddle stuff from the 40's & 50's. That stuff made me miss my grandpa so much
My grandpa is the first man I ever danced with. I wish I could have had just one more dance with that guy

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
I had a date last night, went to the Oregon Symphony and had a lovely time. They did a bunch of Nelson Riddle stuff from the 40's & 50's. That stuff made me miss my grandpa so much
My grandpa is the first man I ever danced with. I wish I could have had just one more dance with that guy

Your smile is contagious jen... I've got it now and I'm about to spread it to the Missus' and Miss'... yes dancing, real dancing... you know. Sorry, nostalgia smile. Deja-who in fact. LOL. Ah, Berkowitz conducting at the Schnitzer. Sounds great. We support out local symphony... less SO's all the time.

Nelson Riddle for your memory of your grandfather...

Once around the living room?

Vic

[edit on 27-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Many things made me smile today: our four chatty parakeets, my family
, nature (the outdoors -- wind-blown trees, rain-filled clouds, flying inland seagulls, etc.) and photos of people having fun in the snow.

:w:

[edit on 2008-1-27 by pikypiky]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Are you local to me? I do love a good concert at the Schnitz. It was Berkowitz. I love that guy, he's an excellent conductor, and he's wonderful on the drums! So full of life that guy

Edit, type o

[edit on 1/27/2008 by jensouth31]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Oh, we're in Toronto. My Missus' has friends in the music world. We support SO's in TO. LOL. The TSO. At Roy Thomson Hall. www.tso.ca

Awesome building... they used it in X-Men. Great night out... the crowds up here are getting younger and it's so much more fun than it was before "the great change". We had conductor/financial apathy problems for years.

Nelson Riddle wrote so many great pieces that everyone knows and no one knows him... his work lives on. Hey can you buy disks or your symphony's performances? They are going great guns on that here. There's been some talk of putting performances online the day after too...

Anyway I got two dances because or your smile. Pass it on. Thanks j'.

Vic

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Hey can you buy disks or your symphony's performances? They are going great guns on that here. There's been some talk of putting performances online the day after too...

Anyway I got two dances because or your smile. Pass it on. Thanks j'.

Vic

Yes, they do that here too. Glad my "contagious" smile got you a couple of dances
(funny you used the word, contagious, my mom always said the same thing about my smile and my laugh)

You mentioned the schnitz, so I presumed you were local

Grandparents today are so far removed from what they used to be. When I was a kid, and we went to spend the weekend with the grandfolks...the TV was off and we provided hours of entertainment for my grandparents. From little girl mini fashion shows, music, and dancing...card houses, domino's, riding on the tractor with my grandpa, I fear those kind of experiences are gone forever, and little children, today, will never know how much fun it was to be a kid way back when..... *smiles*

Edit* type o

[edit on 1/27/2008 by jensouth31]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
my sweetie

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
two things....

but first, the one i really wanna share about.....

i left for work, 5.30am,

walking down my street a robin red breast who was sitting on some railings

next to me, started chirp,chirp,chirping at me. (i swear, i just knew,

he/she was saying "good morning, aint it great to be alive?"

now remember where i live is the middle of london and i aint seen a robin

for ages!! pigeons and seagulls killed everything.

anyway, mr robin cheered me up all day.

no explaining it but his/her hello really brought back to me whats i

mportant and whats not.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Calmed down on the drinking since the new year and have been spending more time with my kids.

My 6 year old made me smile about 100 times today.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kellter
Calmed down on the drinking since the new year and have been spending more time with my kids.

My 6 year old made me smile about 100 times today.

kids are amazing..!!

my daughter never ceases to make me smile,

she's 14 now and still manages to make me smile every day even if she's

being "naughty"

i just thought... maybe im lucky to get to smile every day..??

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Feeling the mysterious indescribable of the world.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
happy memories

JAK

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Remembering last night's dream.

I was quietly walking along at night, listening to my .mp3 player when a donkey mugged me solely to brake my headphones because he didn't like Jazz.

It wasn't even Jazz I was listening to, it was Jamiroquai.. And the headphones were brand new.

Jak

[edit on 11/2/08 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Waking up to a massage, at about 630 am.

Got up and made her breakfast, she had to be at work at 730.

I on the other hand have today and tomorrow off.

jammin' out chillin' nice change after working monday through sunday.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This morning.....

the singing birds outside my bedroom window...

the smile of my fashion model GF...

early morning sunlight spreading across my floor....

puppies romping in play...

kitties purrrring in my ear...

and 20mg of prescribed valium...

washed down by a Bloody Mary....

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join