It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you smile today?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
My dad didn't beat me senseless today.

He's been dead now for over 10 years.

That made me smile today!

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
after a cancelled flight, some seriously tense discussions with my wife and the fine folks at Delta Airlines, I managed to gey my wife and kids on a flight back home yesterday.

I got to the airport on time, parked the car, waited on all the lines so I could get security clearance to enter the airport and then sat there waiting for the plane to actually unload the passengers. The delta terminal has this glassed in area where the passengers come thru and I saw my daughter and then my son and I sat there smiling at them until they saw me. My daughter let out a scream that resulted in two cops running over. She jumped up into my arms and started kissing me and telling me minute of the flight. My son started jumping up and down shouting "dada" over and over and then he stopped and walked over to me. I knelt down so that we were face to face and his eyes turned quizzical and he looked at me and said, in a questioning tone "dada?" I said yes JB, and he smiled the biggest smile I have ever seen hugged me, kissed me and poked me in the eye.

The kids both passed out in the car so I didn't get much face time with them but my daughter crawled into my bed while I was showering this morning and I came out of the shower and was quietly getting dressed, so as to not wake my wife or my little girl and I heard a whispering voice say "daddy, I made room for you"

I had no choice but to climb back into bed and as I did she turned to face me and said "I love you daddy. I missed you every day except for today cause now you're here"

This post made me smile. Crakeur, we may have had our disagreements in the past but, man, you are lucky and sound like a very good father. I can't wait until the day I have children.

JAK

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The ice-cream man.

He came into the street with the usual tones ringing out then they ended. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Then started up again, only this time it was the music from Halloween. Only for a few seconds but it gave me a giggle.

Absolute fits.

Jak

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
This post made me smile. Crakeur, we may have had our disagreements in the past but, man, you are lucky and sound like a very good father. I can't wait until the day I have children.

appreciate that but when did we have disagreements?

my smiley moment came this morning when I woke up, hangover free, after the first of three nights of heavy partying.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This video has surely made the rounds to many of you via email but I still find it hilarious.

Mods, if you deem this to be against T & C, I'll understand but it's still good for a big smile.........

JAK

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This made me giggle:

youtube.com...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I laugh a lot, it's not sincere most of the time, but it was today.

I was in my art class, and I sit at a table with three girls, and I had some candy stuff that I
had bought the previous day without realizing I had (I know, who does that) and I
did'nt want to eat it (Candy makes you fat), so I gave it to them.

Well the candy happened to be Japanese, so the info and everything was in Japanese,
and on then front of one of the little packages (I'm still not sure what flavour it is,
nor were the girls able to figure it out) was a picture of a spoon of white powder,
and the candies themselves look like little white pills.

So the one girl jokingly says to the other "I bet this is really E and he's trying to drug us.",
anyways we all laughed, since it was just so, well out there.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
A girl didn't try to take advantage of me like everyone else does. Ok, I think she is in her twenties. Still a girl to me when I'm forty.

A grin a mile wide!!!!!!!

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I heard someone at the back door, but it wasn't a knock, it was more of a pat-pat-pat.
I checked the security monitor for that door, but no-one was there. While I was watching the screen I heard the tapping at the door again. So now I was curious.......

I went to the back and looked through the peep hole, and still didn't see anyone at the door, but the tapping came again while I was looking.

So I opened the door to take a look.

Down on the mat, and out of range of the camera, was the next door neighbours little 18 month old girl with a big grin on her face. She's not very talkative yet, but she crawled into my kitchen and stood up. She marched right in like she owned the place and hugged my leg.

That little hug made my day, and I picked her up and gave her a proper snuggle.

Her mom was watching from next door, and when our eyes met we both had big smiles on our faces.
The baby was totally giddy by this time, and so happy to see me.

It just goes to show you, the smallest things can bring the most happiness.

I really needed that today, and I think she knew it.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Today is my son's birthday, he's 17. I heard his phone ring, and some secret whispers going on from his room...he said to his friend... "you aren't?"....and then I heard him say "is Dillon going too?" Then pretty soon he came out of his room with a pretty big smirk on his face. I said to him " If you're going to cut school today...for God's sake tell me so I'll know where the hell you are!?!" So he finally coughed it up....yep he's cutting some classes

Some kids/people are of such good conscience that you can read their guilty face immediately. Anyway, that made me smile today, for him to know...that he can't pull the wool over my eyes! He came clean about it ...he smiled the whole time he was telling me The Plan
What the heck....It's his Birthday, and you're only young once

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Her mom was watching from next door, and when our eyes met we both had big smiles on our faces.
The baby was totally giddy by this time, and so happy to see me.

It just goes to show you, the smallest things can bring the most happiness.

I really needed that today, and I think she knew it.

Where do you live? I guess it must be a small town. Must be nice. In the big city where I live, everyone is so uptight and assumes the worst out of every situation.

I know for fact that if that happen here where I live, the mother would of marched over and snatched the child like I manipulated the kid into the situation.

to a happy trusting situation.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Kudos to all, for the big smiles.

JAK's video had me chuckling, in very short time.

AD's post left me with a Big Grin, good those are.

MrMysticism, on the other hand, left me wishing that everyone could experience and Appreciate the joyous innocence of youth ... regardless of age/environment.
Sad that many folk's situations don't allow for such.

What Made Me Smile Today?

The sunrise, it was absolutely beautiful.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism

Where do you live? I guess it must be a small town. Must be nice. In the big city where I live, everyone is so uptight and assumes the worst out of every situation.

I know for fact that if that happen here where I live, the mother would of marched over and snatched the child like I manipulated the kid into the situation.

I live in a large city, but every adult is responsible for every child in the neighborhood.
We watch out for each other, and we've developed a sense of trust.

I know people harm children, but having everyone watching every child makes our neighborhood safe for all of us.

It takes an entire village to raise a child.
And ain't she sweet...........

[edit on 23/5/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I found lint in my butt crack. It made me smile.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
An acquaintance of my SO finally got their 1st AP experience after giving up smoking cancer sticks (cigarettes), coffee, and prescription medicine for some time.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This video made me laugh hysterically. This must be some really bad stuff.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I had to take my son to the doctor this morning. he's a very tall kid but he's only two. Barely speaks and hates the doctor. Cries at the door to the office. Real bad scene. Anyway, I was at work and came home for this so I was wearing pants and a long sleeve shirt. My son was in his pj's and crying as I told him where we were .ed and then I said I'd wear the shirt he got me for father's day and we could be twins. He didn't fully understand the concept so I went and got dressed and the sitter got him dressed. He came into my room and saw that we had the same tee shirts on and our shorts were the same color and he had the biggest smile on his face and he seemed so happy.

We walked out of the building and around the corner to hail a cab and he was holding my hand and walking along with me and every person we passed he'd point to his shirt and then my shirt and mumble something incoherent but I know he was saying "check me out, I'm just like my daddy." He was smiling. The people he "spoke" to were smiling. I was smiling.

he wasn't smiling once we got into the doctor's office tho. same shirts be damned.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Earlier today I saw a woman ragging on her husband and trying her damnedist to make him look stupid in front of other people.

My early response was to smile in thankfulness that I wasn't that poor bastard; but my smile quickly faded as my compassion kicked in and I could sympathize as I had been in his situation at one time.

But I just had a shot of Gold and I'm happy to report I'm smilin once again. God bless you all!!

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
What made me smile today was this thread.We need more good things in life.I'm so tired of the depressing stuff.An excellent thread idea!

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
pretty much nothing im pretty f@$%ing pissed off actually. eh thats life emotions jump around

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join