It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you smile today?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Waking up to 59 degree weather.
Great weather for Wisconsin.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I discovered a Neti pot. A utensil for flushing out your sinus's when you suffer from allergies and hay fever. This year in the Southwest has been a banner spring for pollen and almost everyone I meet is suffering big time.

It's kinda gross flushing out your sinus's with a saline solution but it works and that's what matters.

I'm a smiling now!!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I got pulled over by a cop on the way home. Couldn't find my registration (turns out it's gone....probably never got it back last time I got the car inspected I'm thinking)....

Anyway....I blew by some cars in the right lane which was for right turns only, passed the cruiser, and then when I had my chance turned into the left lane to wait for the light to go straight.

Well....I guess he (the cop) didn't take kindly to my misuse of the right lane. So anyway, to make a short story long, he pulls me over after we go through the light and asks for license and registration. I say I'm having trouble finding the registration. He asks if it is registered to me. I say no, it's a company car. He says okay and tells me to sit tight.

He comes back a minute later and just gives me a verbal warning......

That made me smile! Some cops are cool...

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Going to slide on a slippy floor only to discover my socks are not sliding friendly, nearly planting my face on the floor.

I found the whole situation very funny (my face nearly didn't though)

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Last night the guys got home from racing to find me lying on the couch in my jammies watching TV. I had-had a hard day, and I was spent! They beat around the bush a little bit about "What were they suppose to eat for dinner?" :shk:

Then they acted like I really should have cared if they were starving to death, and finally they decided to order a pizza, and my son would run and pick it up.

Anyhow, my son called the order in, and forgot to ask how much the pizza was, so we could send him with enough cash. My husband said to my son “Did you think to ask the lady any important questions at all?” (He was getting pretty annoyed)

And my son says Yeah, (smiling-smugly) I asked her how she was doing today?”

God…. I love that kids sense of humor! Unfortunately his father doesn’t think he’s as funny as I do

I think he’s quite entertaining

*edit type o

[edit on 3/19/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
after a cancelled flight, some seriously tense discussions with my wife and the fine folks at Delta Airlines, I managed to gey my wife and kids on a flight back home yesterday.

I got to the airport on time, parked the car, waited on all the lines so I could get security clearance to enter the airport and then sat there waiting for the plane to actually unload the passengers. The delta terminal has this glassed in area where the passengers come thru and I saw my daughter and then my son and I sat there smiling at them until they saw me. My daughter let out a scream that resulted in two cops running over. She jumped up into my arms and started kissing me and telling me minute of the flight. My son started jumping up and down shouting "dada" over and over and then he stopped and walked over to me. I knelt down so that we were face to face and his eyes turned quizzical and he looked at me and said, in a questioning tone "dada?" I said yes JB, and he smiled the biggest smile I have ever seen hugged me, kissed me and poked me in the eye.

The kids both passed out in the car so I didn't get much face time with them but my daughter crawled into my bed while I was showering this morning and I came out of the shower and was quietly getting dressed, so as to not wake my wife or my little girl and I heard a whispering voice say "daddy, I made room for you"

I had no choice but to climb back into bed and as I did she turned to face me and said "I love you daddy. I missed you every day except for today cause now you're here"

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The sandhill cranes are staging above my little adobe hacienda, getting ready for thier trip north; their cries and graceful flight is a thing of beauty that makes me smile and cry at the same time.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
He’s been gone for a week, and I missed him terribly. He pulled up last night from his road trip to Idaho. I was the first one to run outside! When he got out of the truck, I saw that big smile of his as he yelled “Momma” (17, yeah he still calls me that!) He said, “I missed you really bad Momma!” then he gave me the biggest hug ever. Boy was I ever glad to see him…he was about to starve to death too, so I had to feed him right away!

He's my ray of sunshine, No doubt....I love that kid

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
winning the march madness pool last night has kept me smiling today

my 4 year old daughter calling me this morning (I've been at work since 7) and saying:

daddy, mommy left and hasn't come back. we're alone but we're ok.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

then she said, to my wife who was cracking up in the background "I think it was wrong"

then she said "daddy, can I ask you a question?"

I said sure

she said

"mommy left and hasn't come back. we're alone but we're ok."

"April fools daddy!!"

then she said "mommy, it worked that time"

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a really stranj dream.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Spurs beat Reading 1-0 at White Hart Lane... COYS!

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Getting up to another sunny day here in cape breton! Also my daughter told me a joke, and it`s her birthday, that made me smile too!

[edit on 1-4-2007 by truthseeker1011]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
2 gigs of ram

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1011
Getting up to another sunny day here in cape breton!

Eh! I'm in Cape Breton at the moment as well. Blue skies indeed.

Heading back to Truro tomorrow, but the weather since I got home as been pleasantly suprising. Little blast of snow here and there, but overall I've been happy with it.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I learned that I can take my regular 5mw green laser, and turn it into a 100mw laser by simply disabling a governor installed on the circuit board.

Sweet!!

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It snowed last night (five inches, max.) around here, and they canceled school. For the whole district. (I heard it was worse a few miles south, but...)

Snow day!

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Got a letter in the mail yesterday with some standardized test results for my 13 year old son. He scored off the charts across the board in everything. No, not smiling yet.

So his mom and I showed him the results and he was pretty swelled up over it last night. Not smiling yet.

This morning before he left for school, I told him based upon his potential, he should expect to receive nothing but As in any academic class he takes, because he's got the horsepower to do it. No excuses.

He gets "the look" on his face. And NOW I'm smiling.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
uhhh....

duhh uhhh ...

uhmmmm

mmmm.....

hrmmmmmmmmm......

I'll get back to this later

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
uhhh....