It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you smile today?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I had what you would call a "bad day" at work yesterday. Just one of those days when everything I touched turned to doo-doo. Then on the way home, I got caught in a traffic jam. (I am one of those people who will drive 100 miles out of my way just to keep moving.)

We have a deal with my son (he's 4), once a month he can get gumballs out of the gumball machine at the local department store. It's something that means so much to him, he really treasures those gumballs.

So anyway, I get home, not in the best of moods I'm afraid. As always, he comes running up to me as soon as I get in the door for his "Super Duper Hug". He asks how my day was, and I tell him "Daddy didn't have a very good day." So I put him down, and he says - "Stay right here Daddy." and he runs off. He comes back in a minute or two and holds out his little hand. "Here Daddy." He put his gumballs in my hand, the stains from the gumball coating on his palms. "This will make you feel better. I love you Daddy."

Yep, It made me smile, but frankly it was a little tough to see through the tears in my eyes.

Life is good.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
kids have that power. No matter how bad my day is, walking thru the door and hearing my daughter shout "Daddy!" followed by a running hug is always a quick pick me up. The following "dada" from my son makes it even better. He runs over, touches my leg to acknowledge my presence but to also let me know he ain't popping the hug on me is icing on the family love cake.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I talked to someone who used to be my best friend. We really lost touch. We didn't fall out or anything... just drifted apart.... Talked to her today... Was good... Decided to get my life back on track

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Nothing!

My throat is swollen shut and I can barely speak. I am constantly coughing up some of the sickest mucus known to man, not to mention a massive snow storm should be kicking into full swing any time now.

But I did have the day off.

Ahh, that will garner a small smile from me.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i just got my internet connection back

no this is not a one liner

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This thread is always good for a smile, a grin, or even a rotflmao.

www.belowtopsecret.com...'

It worked for me today as it does most days!
join us!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I just got a new job with a European company - good bye US dollar - hello Euro.

Just in time if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
My 3 year old neice came around today and we played Polly Pockets LOL....

She sat on me the whole time.... Was pretty numbing after a while...

But she always puts a smile on my face.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orla
My 3 year old neice came around today and we played Polly Pockets LOL....

She sat on me the whole time.... Was pretty numbing after a while...

But she always puts a smile on my face.

Omg. That's so sweet.

I was watching Shirley Phelps Roper. She's the most despisable person on earth yet I find watching her demonic smile toward the camera and hearing her preach utter nonsense amusing.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
my wife and I went to a parent teacher meeting this morning to get the second semester update on our 4 year old daughter. We sat there for 40 minutes, listening as the two teachers gushed about our daughter as if she were their child. "she's amazing" "she's a star" "she's a remarkable, special kid" "she's one of the most giving, caring people I've ever met" " and on and on and on.

They asked us what we were planning for next year and we told them she wouldn't be coming back as we felt she was ready for kindergarten (NYC thing where public schools start kindergarten at a different age cut off than private schools) and they said we were right in that thinking and that the only people who will be disappointed will be the school staff and the women she would have had as teachers next year as they all know her and were all hoping she'd stick around for one more year to get to enjoy her sparkling personality (their words) firsthand.

I've been sporting a sh#t eating grin all day

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
what made me smile?!

Not much....

my neice did tho.....

she wanted to watch Finding Nemo. and I sed she was bold and she put her hands together and sed in the tinyest voice "I'll be good forever, please Orla, can I watch finding nemo. Please. I'll be good forever"

LOL

I just burst out laughin at how cute she is

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
9.5 g

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I was sick today, so I didn't get to go to school. So all I did was lie in bed coughing and watching Hercules on Playhouse Disney.

But I started laughing really hard when you know Hercules comes out from the Underworld after retrieving Meg.

And like Hades like "OMGWTFYOUCAN'TDOTHAT!"

And then Hercules just backfists his face in.

LOL.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I learned that a quart of quarters is worth $300.00.

First round is on me!!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I woke up next to a beautiful sweet angel!

Yes, I am bragging!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Jascha!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Jascha!

Geshunteidt

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The Guy from Alliant Energy, who pulled up behind me and dragged my big truck out of the snow.
I am a little tiny thing.
He was sooo sweet
I was stuck out in no where.
Hail Alliant, Hail Knights in shining armour.
WIS

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
what made me smile today was a guy.... lol....

now this guy, I like. and he likes me

but what made me smile, came from when he made me upset yesterday....

see, he is the type of person who jokes around alot.... so when this guy I know was kinda slaggin me, but not in a serious manner. nicky joined in. this upset me....

I told nicky this today....

he sed that he was only playin with me....

and I sed that I know, but that I couldn't help the way I feel sometimes....

this was all on messenger....

and then next he did was a pic of the rose....

which made me smile....

cos even tho he gets real wild when around all our friends... when its just me and him, he can be really sweet

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
so I'm without the wife and kids for a week. they left on Saturday and will return this coming Saturday. I'm working crazy hours so I'm barely home to notice their absence but this morning I woke up and felt it big time. It's my birthday and I normally would have my daughter waking me up at 6 so she could sing to me and give me cards and gifts. My son would join us soon after and smack me in the head or hit me with some book or toy.

I missed it all this morning. I got to work at 7 and the phone rings shortly after. I pick up and say the standard crakeur and company (not the real name duh) and I hear my daughter singing happy birthday. A big smile hit my face. she finishes, tells me she loves me and misses me, then starts telling me about her swimming and bike riding and how she fell and cut her knee and leg but she's ok etc. I'm grinning like a fool and I tell her I have her cards and I opened them with her on the line and she told me what her card said (she writes in engloglyphics of some sort). Then I hear the boy shouting DADA in the background. He's one and a half and he's just starting to talk so he gets on the phone and without any prompting from the wife I hear Birt Day Dada. My wife sounded like she was crying in the background. She got on the line and told me they talked about calling me the night before but they didn't even bother trying to get him to say birthday or happy or any combination thereof. He just said it, on his own.

I'll be smiling until they come home on Saturday

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join