It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you smile today?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I meant to post this yesterday, but my day ended around 10 pm so I didn’t get a chance.
Anyhow, I spent the day shopping with my 19 years old daughter at the mall; afterwards we decided to go to lunch.

She had her own car along because she lives on her own, and she beat me the restaurant! Damn…. yes we were racing…
I pull in right beside her and she’s rocking out obviously waiting for a song to get over when she pulls up this Cosmopolitan magazine and point at something…smiling and gives me the thumbs up. I look at the cover, and she’s pointing to this article that says “Sex Shockers” My mouth fell open……… I’m thinking OMG…. OMG! And I give her this look. She’s still smiling and giving me the thumbs up sign again.

Then she hops out of the car, and I asked her if it’s a good article? She looks at me like…WTF are you talking about? I said the sex shocker article…. She gives me a blank look, and then she gets back in her car and looks at the cover…She said OMG Mom…I was pointing at the girl on the cover…. I’m going to get my hair cut like that!

We laughed pretty hard after that and decided we should Blog our shopping trips...they are pretty darn fun sometimes

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
good god, I'd have had a heart attack.

On Friday night my son stood up from whatever it was he was breaking, said peepee and walked into the bathroom. We followed him and he was standing next to the potty. he was pulling at his pajamas so we took off the bottoms, took off the diaper and he sat down and peed. He never did that before so it was totally amazing. We hadn't even started to push it. The potty is there because my daughter uses it as a step stool to reach the sink. Made me smile big time. Sadly, he has yet to attempt such a thing and he also scratched the crap out of my face last night and now I look like I was the loser in a cat fight. Not smiling anymore.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
My girlfriend and I were in the grocery store today and I was of assistance to a very cute, polite, little old lady. We were walking through the aisle that had all of the pop and whatnot, and I had noticed her looking at me. I snatched what I had needed and proceeded to walk. It seemed that she was about to ask me something, but then dropped her head and slowly turned. Now she was very small and slightly fragile, so considering pop can be a little heavy, I thought she may need a hand. So I politely asked her if she needed a hand with anything and her eyes just lit up. "Oh yes! Yes! Yes!" she answered very quickly. "Twelve bottles of pop from the top shelf". I smiled and reached up to help her out. Only took a second but I could see in her eyes that she was very gracious.

It is the smallest things that make you smile in the run of a day.

And while I am at it, I might as well share one more from a fairly "uneventful" day. Just before my girlfriend and I had left for the grocery store, she was in the bathroom getting ready. Being the sneaky little devil that I am, I grabbed a jug of water and hid in the closet. Anxiously waiting for her to come and get her jacket, I was ready to pounce out and drench her with some water. I was in the dark closet for a few moments wondering how much trouble this would get me in, but I thought what the hell. About four or five minutes past and I could hear her moving about just outside of the closet. Any second know I knew I was ready to strike. Then... it happened. The door swung open and before I could do anything, I had a bottle twice the size of mine thrown in my face.

Yeah, she got me. But I will get the last laugh.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
the hot sauce thread. the reply from the guy about his girlfriend.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
And while I am at it, I might as well share one more from a fairly "uneventful" day. Just before my girlfriend and I had left for the grocery store, she was in the bathroom getting ready. Being the sneaky little devil that I am, I grabbed a jug of water and hid in the closet. Anxiously waiting for her to come and get her jacket, I was ready to pounce out and drench her with some water. I was in the dark closet for a few moments wondering how much trouble this would get me in, but I thought what the hell. About four or five minutes past and I could hear her moving about just outside of the closet. Any second know I knew I was ready to strike. Then... it happened. The door swung open and before I could do anything, I had a bottle twice the size of mine thrown in my face.

I came to post something that made me smile, read that and, well, it made me smile.

Chissler, she's a keeper.

However, rest assured, no matter what you do to retaliate, she will always get you back. Women have a way of doing that.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Brian Boigon reading sections from his new book to me.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by parrhesia]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
A work colleague, Michele pitching in to help me with a big, awkward task.

I did not even ask her, she said she saw me struggling and can't just sit and watch. Michele is very much a doer and a team player.

Her unasked for help made me smile

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Reading about what made the humble one angry.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Quite simply, I saw a bumper sticker that said "watch out for the idiot behind me"

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
K A R M A

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
watching my kids dance to mardi gras music last night was a hoot and a half. my daughter singing along made it even better.

watching my son point to his stomach and say poop before letting loose a torrent of anti-biotic induced diahrrea was pretty funny but his hopping around and shouting owowowowo from the steamy acidic poop in his diaper was downright hysterical. I know, not supposed to laugh at your own kids but it was friggin funny

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

watching my son point to his stomach and say poop before letting loose a torrent of anti-biotic induced diahrrea was pretty funny but his hopping around and shouting owowowowo from the steamy acidic poop in his diaper was downright hysterical. I know, not supposed to laugh at your own kids but it was friggin funny

that made me laugh so hard

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
my kid's misery is another man's comedy

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Crakeur's blog and his posts in this thread

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'd give a wats for that one but yer a mod and mods get no respect in that category.

so, instead, I invite you to keep reading and I promise to do my best to keep entertaining. oh, and click a link or two so I can get a check some time in 2219, provided an asteroid doesn't take us all out first.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The absolutely mortified look on my Hubby's face this morning. 5 am.
After I patiently had drilled him for several minutes asking if he hadn't forgotten something, suddenly with a panicked expression he exclaimed: "Oh My God, it's your birthday" :shk:

He's such a sweet heart, does that every year. :bnghd:
At least he's consistent and it gives me a lot of points.
WIS

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It is the last Friday for February soooo...the office got cakes for all the Birthdays in Feb.

I was responsible for getting the cakes and one of the 'Birthday Boys' who happens to be Americn, came out and said "This reminds me so much of my mums cooking. Apple Blueberry Crumble is my favourite pie, how did you know that ?"

I did not know that, I just made a lucky selection from the menu.

Anyways, I told him that I was glad that he enjoyed it and that it reminded him of home and his mum.

Happy Birthday Sean

[edit on 22-2-2007 by resistancia]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
last night

/boogies

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a smile from a very pretty lady on my way to work this morning.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Watching hilights from the Buffalo-Ottawa hockey game last night.

Never seen a goalie fight the other goalie, then fight a player, in a game before.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join