It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you smile today?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
what made me smile today... was when I woke up and it was still the mornin.... Means that I can make it into college for a spot of lunch..... Cheap food

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
2 things made me smile today.

1) The fact that we picked up a puppy for my son today.

2) That behindthescenes son is doing fine.

Yep - I'm still smilin' - life is good.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I surprised my son (he's a year and a half and fiercely independent, no hugging, no cuddling like my daughter) at his "graduation" from a gym class this morning. The nanny was with him and the wife left work for it as well.

Anyway, the kids are sitting with the coach, getting ready to show off their mad skills at throwing a ball, swinging a foam bat etc and my son stands up, walks over to us, takes my hand and has me sit with him. he then proceeds to hold my hand for the whole hour, letting go only to perform the tasks as the coach requests. My wife was actually tearing up at the spectacle of love displayed by the little man who looks just like me.

I've been smiling all day thanks to that hour. Sadly, I'll get home and he'll hit me across the back with some 2 pound toy and all the joy will vanish like a fart in the wind.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hey Crakeur - Great story. Very cool. Nice ending too!
Stay Cool,
lombozo

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

I've been smiling all day thanks to that hour. Sadly, I'll get home and he'll hit me across the back with some 2 pound toy and all the joy will vanish like a fart in the wind.

Now see, this story made me smile. And trust me when I tell you that the joy you experienced today will be with you forever. And there WILL come a time in the little dear's teen years that you'll need to call upon it to keep from whacking him with a shovel.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright there WILL come a time in the little dear's teen years that you'll need to call upon it to keep from whacking him with a shovel.

I get that feeling daily. Normally he's a brute. He's only 19 months but he's as tall as the average 4 year old and strong as an ox. He's always smiling and happy and screams with delight. Screams. And Screams
and throws heavy objects with ease.

His "coach" actually told me he had an incredible arm. All the other kids were standing in front of this basketball hoop type contraption and missing the 2 foot wide rim. My boy stands back by the bucket of balls and knocks em in about 90% of the time. Maybe 3 feet from the hoop.

Can't swing a bat tho so either a quarterback or a pitcher.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Can't swing a bat tho so either a quarterback or a pitcher.

...or a power forward. You could probably get him a shoe contract already.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
we actually put one of those outdoor plastic hoops up in the apartment. (no water or sand in the base) and he digs dunking it so I had to raise the thing up a bit. now he pulls it down, drags it around the apartment and laughs like a loon.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Today was my 3-year old's first day at preschool! He barged in like he owned the place and then told me to "get goin".
So, this made me smile.....

...and then get in my car and cry.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdp333
Today was my 3-year old's first day at preschool! He barged in like he owned the place and then told me to "get goin".
So, this made me smile.....

...and then get in my car and cry.

heh. my daughter (4 year old) is like that. She gets so pumped up when I say I'll take her to school. She gets to the door and runs in without even a nod goodbye.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

now he pulls it down, drags it around the apartment and laughs like a loon.

Ahh. He's destined for the Big 10. I'm putting in a call to Kelvin Sampson. You should be getting recruiting letters within the week.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
sweet. sad truth is, while my daughter displays the genius of her daddy, the boy, well, let's just say the the lab rats tend to stop getting shocked first.

scholarships are a must with this one.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

scholarships are a must with this one.

Possibly, and could be academic ones. You can just never tell. I'll bet you a bottle of your favorite distilled spirit the kid turns out to be a whiz.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Possibly, and could be academic ones. You can just never tell. I'll bet you a bottle of your favorite distilled spirit the kid turns out to be a whiz.

with my genes, it would be a bad bet for me. either he'll be a whiz or he'll simply whiz all over the place.

win win right?

right?

c'mon, tell me I'm right.

please?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Reading about what General eyes is wearing today.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
ok... I hope this makes everyone laugh as much as I did. My friend was telling me a story about her and her boyfriend watching a movie on the couch. She was behind him in a 'spoon' position, rubbing his belly etc... Well, the boyfriend says "Is that my groin" and she says "yes" and she thinks for a minute and says "do you not know what your groin is?" and he says "what?!" and she says.. "I said.. DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT YOUR GROIN IS?" and by this point the boyfriend is very confused, so she tells him.."you asked me if that was your groin, and I said yes" to which he starts laughing, adding to her confusion. He points to the tv movie and says "Meg Ryan... I asked you if that was Meg Ryan."... It was meg ryan btw. HAHAHAHA The story made me laugh for a good few mins. hope you do too!

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Today did.
Because it was today, and it rocked.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Being told that i was loved

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Also the sun I might add. It hasn't shown its face around here in days. God it was good to see it again. Thank God for the sun.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Waking up this morning and being told i was to most beautiful woman he has ever seen and being told he loves me.And know one could ever take make place in his heart. And just knowing he is there for me.And that i can talk to him about anything.Even with i'm depressed and being bithchy i know he still loves me i can see it in his eyes.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join