It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk on The Joe Rogan Experience

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I think it's too early for that.. I think you jest, but a few years from now, you may well have made a correct call.

a reply to: MetalThunder

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
And consider the likes of these devices along with the 'Lace'

From our own yesterday here at ATS ....www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Yeah, it's the Bible, that's the problem.

Christ, you people sometimes.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yeah, nothing boosts confidence among investors like having the head of the company smoking weed in front of cameras on a live public broadcast.

Yea.. huh... www.msn.com...

Taking a puff from a joint -- which Rogan said was a blend of tobacco and marijuana and legal in California -- Musk said he "almost never" smoked.

Maybe an opportunity for profit taking ?
edit on 7-9-2018 by Plotus because: Hmmmm

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm no genius, no inventor...but I do know when a guy doesn't inhale a blunt, lol

I like Musk, but he's no stoner.

Still, cool podcast.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Here's the thing...

Investor confidence as a measure of the worth and usefulness of a company to the world, is sort of like expecting Wall Street activity to be an accurate reflection of the health of an economy, rather than a more realistic measure, like how much the poorest workers have in their back pockets after paying all their bills.

In short, its nearsighted, and the sort of thing that only people who will never actually amount to anything intellectually, would do.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Yeah, it's the Bible, that's the problem.

Christ, you people sometimes.

Well, I specified a very specific type of people whom I come into peaceful contentions with regarding the subject often. Those with a deep attachment to Christian religion often times despise the idea of Marijuana, while at the same time, tolerate and consume alcohol. Alcohol being a poison the can very easily stir up our most unwanted of emotions.

Don’t get me wrong, I love a drink or two here or there in appropriate moderation. But from my experience marijuana, when used appropriately and in equal moderation is far, far better for you and society than alcohol. And some of the biggest opponents to that idea, are super religious Christians.

All I try to do is educate them to their unknown. Correct the false perspective they have on the subject, and I become a “you people sometimes”. The Bible is a great tool for humanity in terms of moral guidance, but it’s very hypocritical in its own right as well. People who aren’t bound to it for their existence, I’ve found, are generally more open minded and create a better peace for themselves and the world at large because they aren’t so narrow minded.

So yes, the Bible is a book I respect and admire, but is not something I would bind myself to for eternal glory. When it comes to alternative views and perspectives, it very much is a problem in that regard.

But to be clear, these aren’t the only opponents to the consumption of marijuana. There are others, of course, that are relagated to religion. I’m not trying to be presumptive in that sense.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Like who?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

Rogan suggested that the smoke was in fact a joint, not a blunt. A blunt only contains THE herb, not tobacco as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That was not the definition of a joint that I knew of in the 70s. A joint had no tobacco in it. Is this a new defiition?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Hmmm...

Perhaps its a regional difference in slang use?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

That part confused me too. Apparently, it's a California thing, lol

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: TrueBrit

That was not the definition of a joint that I knew of in the 70s. A joint had no tobacco in it. Is this a new defiition?

How about a splif?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1
Apparently-it is a thing-called a spilff. I feel old.

edit on 7-9-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

-Some May hate it, but I loved it when he smokes a blunt with Joe.

Jai Mars-tafari!

But seriously, some day folks will look back and see that Elon Musk was a greater genius than Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Henry Ford put together. The others were all great capitalists and captains of a certain kind of industry. Elon has a sh**load of great ideas, more than all the others put together, and personal expertise in applied science outstripping the others. He takes a lot of flak for his mercurial, impulsive, workaholic personality. But at the end of the day, he has a lot more social skills than Gates or Jobs, right? And never mind Henry Ford...racist scum.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

He is just as likely to be remembered like John delorean.
Without a time machine though.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

This is by FAR my favourite and most interesting JRE podcast to date. I absolutely loved this one, and I didn't really know that much about Musk, but I love the fact he is dedicated to making a better future for our kind 👍🏻

Great share s&f 👌🏻

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yeah, nothing boosts confidence among investors like having the head of the company smoking weed in front of cameras on a live public broadcast.

It shouldn't make a difference

If he were having a drink on camera it would be no big deal

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1

That part confused me too. Apparently, it's a California thing, lol

Not a California thing. Just depends on what term you like to use.

For the most part a blunt is rolled in a cigar and a joint is rolled in paper.

Shy of that it's all just slang.

The grass with the tobacco won't have the effect on a person who is a tobacco smoker.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Oh man... Well, I know what I am watching when I get home tonight!

I am a massive fan of Mr Rogan's podcast (not everything he says mind, but the way he approaches things? Absolutely), and that he had Mr Musk on the Joe Rogan Experience is just fantastic for him, and for the listeners/viewers out there on YouTube. I am REALLY looking forward to this.

As for Mr Musk smoking a joint? What of it? He is a smart man, with weight on his shoulders, a business to run, and a brain that operates at a break neck pace. Good for him, not letting perceptions interfere with his decision making.

Same I'll be watching when I get home and would people be upset if he had a whiskey with Rogan and got tipsy?

Who cares if he smoked a blunt it's legal in that state and i think it's good PR for Mr musk

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join