It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Chrome Update causes unwelcome browser change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Your always supposed to install latest version updates, right?

I always do and never had a problem.

But today the update changed the open tabs showing at the top of the browser so they are smaller, less pronounced and hard to read.

What happened? - How can I change it back to the way it was?

- Thanks

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

I think I noticed that also but didn’t pay much mind to it. I duel screen between my HP monitor and my 36” tv. I mostly use my TV and use the monitor to well give me updates on stocks and computer performances and other things.

I’ll take a look and see if maybe I can fix that or even see if that actually happened to me. Your issue may be isolated but IDK.

I’ll get back to ya.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

I just googled it before I stopped my current activity and used my tablet.

Try this real fast. google support link

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
Your always supposed to install latest version updates, right?

I always do and never had a problem.

But today the update changed the open tabs showing at the top of the browser so they are smaller, less pronounced and hard to read.

What happened? - How can I change it back to the way it was?

- Thanks

chrome bug 877853

Looks like they are well aware and fixed this and merged into branch but have not merged to trunk. Maybe you can change your theme to a dark theme and it will automatically make the tab text contrast and become more legible?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

"..........Maybe you can change your theme to a dark theme and it will automatically make the tab text contrast and become more legible?"

THANKS! - Great idea/ Even though the printing on the tabs is still small, visibility is improved.

Now here is another issue that apparently some people are having with ATS - Maybe you can solve it:

"Ads are blocking content - Site is becoming difficult to use"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-9-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Still using chrome?

Download duckduckgo it is WAY better....esp for privacy.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
Still using chrome?

Download duckduckgo it is WAY better....esp for privacy.

I use duck duck go, ads, what ads?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

"..........Maybe you can change your theme to a dark theme and it will automatically make the tab text contrast and become more legible?"

THANKS! - Great idea/ Even though the printing on the tabs is still small, visibility is improved.

Now here is another issue that apparently some people are having with ATS - Maybe you can solve it:

I could solve this for ATS and keep the ads, but I'm afraid what other issues I would see. I know exactly the issue based on title cuz I mostly browse from mobile and probably commented on that thread. You think the ads are bad, try logging out and browsing -- it's insane.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

I could solve this for ATS and keep the ads, but I'm afraid what other issues I would see. I know exactly the issue based on title cuz I mostly browse from mobile and probably commented on that thread. You think the ads are bad, try logging out and browsing -- it's insane.

Please don't try...100,000's of member DO NOT have all these issues. It is not the site...but the person's personal devices setting when visiting the site.

Simply because you think you can "fix" it...shows you aren't getting it.

WE ALL HAVE NO SUCH ISSUES! Therefore......please don't screw with things...ya got 300,000+ members...most of which are problem free whether I.E., Chrome, Safari, Firefox.

It's the USER when THEY go to ATS....Not even 20% of the over quarter million members.

Thanks....

top topics

join