It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planetside2 what game is better than this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Planetside2

PlanetSide 2 is a revolutionary massive scale first-person shooter where soldiers battle as one in strategic, targeted missions against enemy empires in an all-out planetary war. The game challenges the skill and grit of the most seasoned soldier through intense infantry, air, and ground vehicle gameplay.

players screen shots from games.

www.google.com.au... hotos&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=WmfrTz4SloIYuM%253A%252CX-txC6lthawDIM%252C_&usg=AFrqEzehxUHuttAbpYIRK7LkkDMguqPuNQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjRrP_xqKjdAhWO a94KHUExCH8Q9QEwAnoECAYQCA#imgrc=WmfrTz4SloIYuM:

What game is better than this?

edit on 7-9-2018 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2018 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Pong!

(I mean it is subjective...right?)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Was okay like 6 yrs ago.

Erybady plays Fortnite these days.

When I played was in a 200+ man squad, we bitch rolled the maps.

Pushed factions back to their starting points.

I had fun, but eh, back on Ark until fallout76.
edit on 7-9-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I played it a few years back. I used the rocket launcher mainly and loved shooting into collective crowds of friends and foes. Collateral damage is inevitable in war. Minimal grinding required and free.
I do not like to think much when playing, as its playing.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
use to play but i like robocraft more thease days
the shooting is fun but building is so much more rewarding

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Mostly anything that isn't FPS...

Though I do love me some Minecraft once in a while

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Almost every game that is not, like millions other games out there, only "Pew Pew Pew, you are dead. Now respawn, rinse and repeat"
games.

And even most of the other boring "Pew Pew Pew" only games are better.
That kind of too simple gameplay is getting old, after decades.

But it seems to be in the gaming world like in the real world, most people don´t want to be challenged by eventual needed thinking to reach goals, Pew Pew Pew must be enough.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I enjoyed working as a giant team nothing like coordinating rocket strikes against tanks or getting heavies to provide AA fire.

I was amazed how often I could stand in one spot and spray n00bs at a distance overall great time for free game.

I started during beta

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I was probably the noob you were hitting.

One funny moment in game is one of them huge flying carriers gun boats come over hill has me in its sights and Im standing there with rocket gun. So I shoot is and got a lucky hit, smoke comes out of its tail pipe and kinda flies over me out of control. KAboom! Then I see the names of about eight players come up listed as I killed them. They must of been rampant how did that noob with rocket gun do that.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Arma3 is better IMHO. Real strategy and the most realistic shooter I have ever played. Hell the US military uses it for simulated battle training. And another great game that I can accidentally spend like four to five playing at a time is Kerala Space Program.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

ye mean Kerbal...

Love that game but I've never bought it official...

Soon as they figure out multiplayer im all in though

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Allaroundyou

ye mean Kerbal...

Love that game but I've never bought it official...

Soon as they figure out multiplayer im all in though

Damn auto correct gets me every time.

I finally caved and got the official when it went on summer steam sale a few years back. And I did get a multiplayer mod that kinda works for me and my mates. But in order to get it to not crash I had to fire up my secondary PC to use as a server and even then it still didn’t feel right. Official multiplayer would be awesome AF!

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
BuzzcutPsycho made the game fun.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Avoided most the airborne stuff myself. I like the ground war. The airstrikes however if caught in them were a big spanking.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Was okay like 6 yrs ago.

Erybady plays Fortnite these days.

When I played was in a 200+ man squad, we bitch rolled the maps.

Pushed factions back to their starting points.

I had fun, but eh, back on Ark until fallout76.

how do you play it on older hardware? spawn, run for 1000 miles, find everyone, do something, the thing comes, everything gets dark, you run again, it catches you, die.. respawn, run for 1000 mines, find everyone, wash rinse repeat..

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Planet side 2 is one of my most favorite games. I think I have over 1200 hours playtime (will have to verify on steam). I think what makes it so good is how open it is and you can talk to anyone in the faction.so you get to here all the local chatter. They need to come out with planet side 3 to update the graphics and levels.

I have gotten into warframe. It's not like planets side more like payday2 but in space with aliens but it's free well thought out and very rich with story and intricacies. Never could get into ark seems like it always felt beta and no story.
When I wake up more I will look at what's in my steam inventory and see what else I got that's to offer. But yes if you want to have a hella good time on a Friday night without going out planet side 2 is the game.
edit on 7-9-2018 by MorpheusUSA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat

I played as "I Raped You With My", so when I'd kill someone I'd say my name and then what weapon I used:

I Raped You With My [M1A1 Abrams Tank]

I've gathered that its still a name people use in other FPS games, although I invented it back in the 'original' game. I fear it may have triggered the modern Feminist movement as we know it.

edit on 7-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
No Mans Sky finally got pretty amazing, and its about 15$ now. 100+ hrs playtime in only a few weeks haha.

But I actually want to check this one out for fps purposes.

Does anyone here remember Warhawk on PS3? That game was the #.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Just downloading DOOM from steam. Last time I played this I saw a monster jumper out of wall when I was in bed. Don't think I like the game but I want to see what he graphic is like.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

BF1942 true classic always fun to play.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join