It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting, February 25th 2018 Arizona

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I am not very active here, however, browse here every now and then. I believe my fiancee and I saw a UFO of some sort on Feb 25th 2018 at around 6PM. My fiancee think's I'm crazy, yet she did see it, and says she doesn't have an answer on what it is.

A bit of a backstory, we were living out of a Toyota 4Runner about to travel through Baja Mexico. We were camped out in Coronado National Forest(campsite coordiates: 31.857349, -110.002452). We had been living out of our 4Runner full time for about 2 months. On Feb 25th, the sunset was starting to get quite reddish, and we decided to pack PBJ sandwiches and take a quick hike up to a hill top to watch it set. The direction we were facing was directly towards Tombstone. To me, it looked liked it was potentially directly over the town, but it could have been anywhere between us, and the mountain range we were looking at.

After about 15 minutes into the sunset(timing is estimated) I noticed something in the sky. At the first sighting I described it a orb/bell shaped object, but later on started to think it was more of a batwing shape? The distance between us and the object made it difficult to preciously identify it's shape. I was fixated on the object, not the sunset unlike my fiancee.

We sat at the mountain top for probably another 20-30minutes watching the sunset before returning to our campsite. During this time, I had my mirrorless camera with a wide angle lens(samyang 12mm), and my smartphone(Nexus 5x). The phone was the ONLY thing that we had that could potentially capture the object. Looking back on this, I really wish we immediately loaded up the car and started to drive towards it to investigate it, but alas, living out of a car seems easy, but when you have everything you need to survive, the packing/unpacking process gets to be a bit of a pain.

We headed back to our campsite when it started to get darker, around 6:30-6:45pm i'd say. I got a fire going as it was getting chilly, but would walk out to the round-a-bout area and check to see if I could still see the object. I sure enough did. It had been in the exact same spot for atleast 1 hour. By the time it was dark, I could no longer see it, we went to bed, and the next morning came around, it was no where to be in sight.

Anyways, I captured two images, one zoomed out and one zoomed in. Of course, the quality is that of the typical pixelated crap often found on the internet. I really wish I had a telephoto lens during that time as well. Now my images taken with my phone were logging my position, so I have that going for me atleast.

Here is a shared google album containing the two images that I took:
photos.app.goo.gl...

I have yet to find ANY news sources or any other reports on any sightings in the area and timing. I'm curious to know if anyone has any insight on what this was? I am slightly believing it may be a military project?

PS - I dont know how to post photos directly to ATS :

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I captured this object in Washington DC this week.. can't figure out exactly how to post on this either.

the object hovered for several minutes over the Capitol before disappearing. This was the only photograph that the object turned up in after emptying an entire roll.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Hi

Not sure what you witnessed that day.

Plus the two pictures are very poor, as you said 🙄.

But I’m gonna throw a possible idea out...you said it looked to be bell shaped?....how about a ballon?...I’m not saying for sure it was, but?

Depending on the wind direction and speed, I suppose IF it was a balloon moving “very slowly” ?

Anything that can stay in the sky in the same spot for a length of time, can cause questions.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: chowdan

This is a great tutorial on how to upload pictures on ATS.

As the object, I really have no idea what it is, it could be a balloon. Tho I find difficult to a balloon to stay in the same position for one hour due to the wind... Unless it was connected to the ground somehow or there was no wind AT ALL.

Did you checked MUFON to see if there was any report similar to yours?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: want2beleave

Hey, try to upload your picture using this tutorial.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Make sure you don't have any adblockers on or it won't let you upload it.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Film Negative.
Undoctored.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I see a single engine plane

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I monkeyed with it. Odd shape, I can say that.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Impressive.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: chowdan

Here are your two photos embedded:

I assume the first is an enlargement of the second. As you say, the pictures give us few answers, but are useful in conjunction with your detailed story.

Did it move position at all? What did your fiancee think after you'd both chatted about it?

Always good to hear new personal cases and photos, with concise accounts attached. Good stuff, S & F.

edit on 7-9-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: added Q

edit on 7-9-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: got confused!

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

Looks like a blurd to me.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Essentially, this is why trump created the space force. These are ours

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

little question: who still uses film cameras in freakin' 2018?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
as for the picture in the OP, well impossible to say what it is
maybe a balloon?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
as for the picture in the OP, well impossible to say what it is
maybe a balloon?

It doesn't seem an illuminated object if darkness obscured the viewing of it, as the OP indicated.

And it didn't move - at least not until during the night.

Without further data, I think a balloon of sorts fits the bill. But it's good for ATSers to bring us these new personal stories and pics, especially with a detailed account.

PS: Hey, Humanoidlord, is that recent Italian case dead in the water by now?
edit on 7-9-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Maybe someone with some expertise in photoshop could idk move some fingers so we can see this object clearer?

Definitely could be a saucer-shaped balloon.
edit on 7/9/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Maybe someone with some expertise in photoshop could idk move some fingers so we can see this object clearer?

Definitely could be a saucer-shaped balloon.

The negative is above. I cropped it down to... whatever that thing is, inverted the colors, etc. No fingers in the original shot.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Can't see clearly on negative either. Could be anything at this point.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Can't see clearly on negative either. Could be anything at this point.

I almost went blind trying to see it.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

for now i am going with balloon unless something more compelling appears
as for the italian case, yep RIP, another hoax to the trash bin

top topics

<<   2 >>

join