It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Price man arrested on gun charges, accused of threatening to kill the president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Source: Price man arrested on gun charges, accused of threatening to kill the president

According to a charging document, Wheeler was arrested outside of Price last month driving a pickup with a blanket over the hood, obscuring the headlights. It led to a Carbon County Sheriff's deputy finding a number of firearms. The deputy also said Wheeler appeared to be drunk and told police he had "drank a pint in 4 or 5 hours."

The affidavit said he told a Carbon County Sheriff's deputy he had sent messages to the White House and was expecting the U.S. Secret Service to find him and arrest him. Throughout the arrest, Thomas wrote, Wheeler repeatedly stated "I think I'm going to kill the President" and made statements about "killing the president" as he was booked into jail.

Another article on this one....
Utah man is accused of threatening to kill president

A total of six guns were recovered from the vehicle. They were seized by the sheriff's office due to Wheeler's alleged intentions of “killing the president.”

Wheeler faces a slew of charges including threatening terrorism, possession of a firearm by a restricted person and driving under the influence.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for October 19.

So, this sounds like another case of the MSM stirring up the crazy pot out there with their theatrical and over the top sensationalist hit pieces on our president. I am not into censorship at all, however, I think that the MSM needs to be held accountable for their claims and be forbidden from stating "anonymous sources" on everything they claim.

We have already had congressman shot playing baseball, can we dial down the rhetoric before more people are hurt!!!

Grrrrrrrr........

edit on 9/6/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
So, people should take responsibility for their own actions or no?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Not that you aren't right, because you are. 100% right.

But people are already being hurt, on both sides. Others, like myself, have been threatened with physical harm because "you look like a Trump supporter.", I'm positive others have been threatened because they "look like 'whatever' supporters."

So, I'll join you in your call. This is getting, and has been for a while now, dangerously stupid.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

But people are already being hurt, on both sides. Others, like myself, have been threatened with physical harm because "you look like a Trump supporter.", I'm positive others have been threatened because they "look like 'whatever' supporters."

So, I'll join you in your call. This is getting, and has been for a while now, dangerously stupid.

Collateral damage.... And yes its stupid....
edit on 7-9-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

This crap is really getting out of control.

Like you I have been threatened for looking like a Hillary supporter quite literally because of my bow tie with my suit. I mean how stupid can people actually be?

This guy needs to be sent away for “re-education” if you ask me. And also all the rhetoric from all sides really needs to F# end....NOW!

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

So, this sounds like another case of the MSM stirring up the crazy pot out there with their theatrical and over the top sensationalist hit pieces on our president.

Uhm... how do you figure that? It said some nut job was found with six guns and he kept making threats about assassinating Trump.

I am not into censorship at all, however, I think that the MSM needs to be held accountable for their claims and be forbidden from stating "anonymous sources" on everything they claim.

Are you saying that there isn't a person out there who was driving around with a blanket over his headlights and who when stopped was found to have guns and made statements about killing Trump?

This... doesn't make sense. You can look at the arrest records for that state and county and see that the guy's in jail. There's other public records that will confirm this.

Could you explain why you feel that a news source reporting that someone (who seems to be mentally unbalanced but whose arrest is documented by the law enforcement officials) was behaving erratically and had guns and threatened to kill Trump -- why you think this is false reporting, anonymous sources, and stirring up things?

I'm not following the logic here.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
All I can say about the spin you are putting on this story is, pathetic .

Absolutely pathetic.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

So a crazy guy got in trouble for making threats against the president (which happens with pretty much every president), and this is the MSM's fault?

You listed two local news sources.

It's not even a huge story.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

So a crazy guy got in trouble for making threats against the president (which happens with pretty much every president), and this is the MSM's fault?

All this poster really cares about, is that their mean old tv keeps saying nasty things about the precious lil Twump. Thin skin is their problem.

Are the forgetting the onslaught of hit pieces Fox did on Obama? Or CNN/MSNBC's attacks on Bush? Or Fox's on Bill Clinton?

Seeing a trend? Op sure isn't.

Denial and ignorance.
edit on 7-9-2018 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Are the forgetting the onslaught of hit pieces Fox did on Obama? Or CNN/MSNBC's attacks on Bush? Or Fox's on Bill Clinton?

Seeing a trend? Op sure isn't.

Denial and ignorance.

We are a nation of people with the memory span of goldfish.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I just want to know if he'll be a regular on MSNBC or CNN after he gets out of jail.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I just want to know if he'll be a regular on MSNBC or CNN after he gets out of jail.

Just heard the people from Ellen & the View are after him....

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
So, this sounds like another case of the MSM stirring up the crazy pot out there with their theatrical and over the top sensationalist hit pieces on our president. I am not into censorship at all, however, I think that the MSM needs to be held accountable for their claims and be forbidden from stating "anonymous sources" on everything they claim.
We have already had congressman shot playing baseball, can we dial down the rhetoric before more people are hurt!!!
Grrrrrrrr........

So the rules need to be set to accommodate society's mental lightweights? Make America Tepid Again?
I think there's a job for you at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave!

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'm sorry, did I trigger all of you anti-Trumper's into whining about me making a suggestion that your left-leaning media may have some level of responsibility for spreading this incessant hate?

Too bad. Deal with it.

Whether I voted for Donald Trump or not is irrelevant, really. What matters is that yes, the media (and many of you on the left) are ramping up the hate rhetoric to dangerous levels right now. Past tense whataboutisms are bad form. Frankly, I just wish it would stop merely because I don't want people hurt, political affiliations be damned. I felt the same way during the last administration to be honest.

I don't like death threats to the president of my country, PERIOD! I really don't give a rats fuzzy backside who it comes from. However, if the media uses this to sell ad revenue, I do take exception to them doing that merely for $$$.

new topics

top topics

join