It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is awake?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: Resettheory420

Why do some still think this is the right left game? Back when I found ATS it wasn't like this. All ya'll do is take sides. OBAMA!!! TRUMP!!! Same team my fellow humans. NOTHING has changed, business as usual. THINK!!! where have the realists gone? Down with he FED! Please respond if you want to start an unbiased, truth based dialogue about the real world. NO brainwashed righties or lefties! PEOPLE ONLY!!!
Well I do think the media and political propaganda, including on social media, has gone into overdrive.

Arguably 80-90% of the people I know personally are pretty brainwashed along these lines. The ones who aren’t seem pretty quiet right now unless you get them alone and mostly in person, or a few drinks in them.

Exactly, a few of us just keep our mouths shut and are ready to watch the world burn. Somewhat content in the hope that what comes out the other end will be better for all.
Right, I’m among those. The problem is I work and am friends with a LOT of political or activist types. I refuse to virtue signal or jump into hysteria that people are engaging in. To many, it’s suspicious that I don’t say much or join in. The dude that used to post and say all kinds of political and activist stuff is now silent. I think our silence speaks deeper than the loud ones.

It surely does, silence is often times confused with lack of intellect, it is in actuality the exact opposite.

Change the subject, tell a joke or inquire about actual, important, personal events with those close to you.

Either way, continue to hide. Lest your "subversion" be misconstrued as "wrong think".

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Why do some still think this is the right left game? Back when I found ATS it wasn't like this. All ya'll do is take sides. OBAMA!!! TRUMP!!! Same team my fellow humans. NOTHING has changed, business as usual. THINK!!! where have the realists gone? Down with he FED! Please respond if you want to start an unbiased, truth based dialogue about the real world. NO brainwashed righties or lefties! PEOPLE ONLY!!!

You couldn't handle the truth. You're entire premise is wrong.

Let me know if you care to know why.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

There is a left/right game. Neo-cons and globalists are the uniparty, but there are still traditional conservatives.
That too is a false binary and a bubble of your own. Plenty of left leaning people who are very aware, and have been so for decades.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Well I do think the media and political propaganda, including on social media, has gone into overdrive.

Arguably 80-90% of the people I know personally are pretty brainwashed along these lines. The ones who aren’t seem pretty quiet right now unless you get them alone and mostly in person, or a few drinks in them.

Exactly, a few of us just keep our mouths shut and are ready to watch the world burn. Somewhat content in the hope that what comes out the other end will be better for all.
Right, I’m among those. The problem is I work and am friends with a LOT of political or activist types. I refuse to virtue signal or jump into hysteria that people are engaging in. To many, it’s suspicious that I don’t say much or join in. The dude that used to post and say all kinds of political and activist stuff is now silent. I think our silence speaks deeper than the loud ones.

It surely does, silence is often times confused with lack of intellect, it is in actuality the exact opposite.

Change the subject, tell a joke or inquire about actual, important, personal events with those close to you.

Either way, continue to hide. Lest your "subversion" be misconstrued as "wrong think".
I think I already got targeted at my last job hardcore for posting, as a liberal, heavy criticisms of Clinton and the dnc during the election. I worked under Democrat campaign folks.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Resettheory420

I ask because the term you used referred to a "traditional" group of people. We need to break away from that fake ass traditional sh!t. EVERYTHING is screwed up. WE are better than this. Or maybe not?? Maybe nature will just work this virus out? WE need to evolve. Other creatures don't lie so much...

Why do our values need to evolve?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

There is a left/right game. Neo-cons and globalists are the uniparty, but there are still traditional conservatives.
That too is a false binary and a bubble of your own. Plenty of left leaning people who are very aware, and have been so for decades.

I agree but didnt know how to label them.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Love you too.

Damn I'm smooth

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Oh, it's clear now, none of you are awake.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Thanks. Please enlighten us.

link   

Yup, only you.

link   

Cause were woke, man...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I agree but didnt know how to label them.
Arguably real leftists or liberals. But those words, like conservative, have become too laden with baggage. My view is that once a word becomes laden such that it divides and triggers people, obscuring convos, it’s good to consider dropping them.
edit on 6-9-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Cause were woke, man...
We be woke AF

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

1145 here and I'm still awake. Gotta get up at 530 so it's pretty risky

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Tell you what.

You joined ATS today. You made the requisite five posts and then made your first thread. However, of your five mandatory replies, all were the exact same thing, but for one, and then for your first thread, repeated again almost exactly what you repeated in those earlier replies.

Are you a bot? Are you a ''one note samba"?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Tell you what.

You joined ATS today. You made the requisite five posts and then made your first thread. However, of your five mandatory replies, all were the exact same thing, but for one, and then for your first thread, repeated again almost exactly what you repeated in those earlier replies.

Are you a bot? Are you a ''one note samba"?

Nothing worse than a poster that posts the same thing over and over.....wait, I just described 90 percent of the posters that author political threads.

My head hurts

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

a reply to: MisterSpock

This is exactly what I feel. Usurped and Hijacked minds once again. History repeats itself, does it not?

It would've kept repeating itself if we'd have elected another Bush or Clinton.
Trump put an end to BOTH

There it is. It was coming at some point.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Please respond if you want to start an unbiased, truth based dialogue about the real world.

Does this truth have anything to do with 420? Just a wild hunch.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

All duality is a part of the 'game'.......no one is awake but some are aware.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Perhaps it is just the concept that you descibe, of being "awoke" that keeps us separated as a community. It's when you believe you are more special than others that you are actually separating yourself.

No, you are not that special or above anyone else. It sounds like a sense of sophomania.

edit on 7-9-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join