It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Florence could be heading for the East Coast—but she’s a tough storm to track

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Good to hear, yea if your close to the water with a Cat 4 coming get whats important and get out is the best possible choice to make.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
This is not looking good for North Carolina. We can expect extensive damage and flooding with possible catostrophic effects in some areas. Even the Chesapake will likely see storm surge flooding.

The latest satellite images show an intensifying hurricane. The computer models are showing a category 4 at landfall and then it stalling which will cause extremely dangerous flooding.

I expect the National Hurricane Center to issue hurricane watches later today(Monday) which will prompt mandatory evacuations for the watch areas.

This is playing out to be an extremely dangerous storm....not hype!

Yes sir, a very dangerous storm !

Glad my daughter is leaving tonight. She told me alot of people are staying, though.

These things change daily and you won't know exactly where it will hit until the last moment.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Water water water

Crazy how in a hurricane aftermath water can be a most valuable asset.

Here is a vid on how to make a decent filter.

Easy for most to do.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Yup. I’m having to order water via Amazon Prime — gro store is already out.

The local weather guys are saying in could be a strong Cat 2 into Raleigh...next 36 hrs will tell. If it makes here as a Cat 2-3, bad news bears. No bueno.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Just remembering from going thru rita. The roads were totally shut down for weeks in and out.

Those 5 gallon buckets are likely still on the shelves along with activated carbon in the aquarium isle and a bag of sand in the garden section.

Other wise you can get the coal from a fire and the soil from a clean source and use whatever container you can find.

A person could always trade water for other supplies or just relax with your own stash knowing you do not have to wait on line(trump voice) for the national guard.

edit on 10-9-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Florence is looking like more of a monster with each update. It is still forecast to be a cat 4 at landfall(right now the best guess is just north of the NC/SC border) which is bad enough. Shortly after landfall the storm is expected to stall which will likely cause extensive to catastrophic flooding.

Be prepared! If you live in NC,SC, and even VA be prepared and if you are in a flood prone area(even if you live inland) consider evacuating to higher land.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Florence is looking like more of a monster with each update. It is still forecast to be a cat 4 at landfall(right now the best guess is just north of the NC/SC border) which is bad enough. Shortly after landfall the storm is expected to stall which will likely cause extensive to catastrophic flooding.

Be prepared! If you live in NC,SC, and even VA be prepared and if you are in a flood prone area(even if you live inland) consider evacuating to higher land.

Lastest update.......Still aiming for NC, but my hang around and jog south affecting SC and Georgia.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So, my daughter , friends and family of hers, made it to the mountains of North Carolina to a preppers cabin.

Hoping all the others took the same precautions as this storm is not looking good.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The storm has weakened to 115mph as of 8pm EDT but the wind field has expanded. The surge and flooding are still a serious thread.

Florence has yet to traverse the gulf stream, so we cannot rule out re-strengthening.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

The flooding will cause the most destruction. Except for Katrina, storm surges seem to be over-hyped most of the time.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Clean your bathtub and fill it up just before the storm. Place saran wrap over it to keep it clean.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The storm has weakened to 115mph as of 8pm EDT but the wind field has expanded. The surge and flooding are still a serious thread.

Florence has yet to traverse the gulf stream, so we cannot rule out re-strengthening.

Wonder why this hurricane hasn't gained traction on this site. I don't care about this thread. I'm talking about anything other than this thread.

Please, someone make a serious thread about this storm. I know this one was first, but I don't care.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Clean your bathtub and fill it up just before the storm. Place saran wrap over it to keep it clean.

Good advice, as I have done this a few times, mostly for flushing the toilet.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Weakened but a large wind field down to 105 mph and slowing in forward speed. This is a rain and surge maker. There is a tiny window for strengthening but it is likely to beca little weaker in terms of wind speed. This does change the flooding, surge and tornado threat.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Weakened but a large wind field down to 105 mph and slowing in forward speed. This is a rain and surge maker. There is a tiny window for strengthening but it is likely to beca little weaker in terms of wind speed. This does change the flooding, surge and tornado threat.

That's good news for everyone in it's path. But the storm surge and rain fall will be still a huge impact.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

Wonder why this hurricane hasn't gained traction on this site. I don't care about this thread. I'm talking about anything other than this thread.

Please, someone make a serious thread about this storm. I know this one was first, but I don't care.

There is an 11 page thread on it found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some great info from jrod and others can be found on it.

There are also multiple other threads on it including at least 2 in the off topic section.
edit on 13-9-2018 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: Groot

There is an 11 page thread on it found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some great info from jrod and others can be found on it.

There are also multiple other threads on it including at least 2 in the off topic section.

Thank you, and yes, I am aware of them and post in some of them.

Guess I'm whining because not much attention is being paid to it on those threads.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join