It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Kaepernick Nike Commercial

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Don't just be the best kneeler on the team, or the best kneeler in the world, be the best kneeler eva!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Don't just be the best kneeler on the team, or the best kneeler in the world, be the best kneeler eva!!!

😂... perfect ..

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Interesting replies.

Me personally, I would never let something like this affect me to where I wouldn't buy their products anymore.

I love me some Nike AND Reebok.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
As a personal message, like if I were talking to my kid, or something... I like it... But everyone can’t be the best. So it seems it’d be kinda exclusive... There would be a lotta losers. Lol

edit on 9/6/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Life advice from a below average QB... meh.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75
The best? I think that had to have been Tebow...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
As a personal message, like if I were talking to my kid, or something... I like it... But everyone can’t be the best. So it seems it’d be kinda exclusive... There would be a lotta losers. Lol

Would you really like that as a personal message to your kids. With aspirations that high, it would seem you’re only setting your kids up for failure.

I wouldn’t want to teach my kids they have to be the greatest.. just great at always trying their best, and wanting them to realize that not everyone achieves top success in whatever their dreams are.

I can see Simon Cowell telling certain folk, that they need to let go of their “ NIKE” ideals and quit trying to sing for a living. 😂

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986 I'm old enough to remember when commercials used to expound on the product being sold, it's comparison to "product x" and any number of traits that would cause you to desire it.
Now they attach status, lifestyle, social prominence and "feelings" to get people to make the purchase...some commercials never even showing the product at all, much less what it does, why you should buy it. A strange diversion.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Correction: you're not a minority. You're a human being. Don't know if you've noticed, but there are quite a lot of us.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

I always tell my kid that real competition is about learning how to be the best you can be. When we compete against others, there will be times when they're so much better than we are that we can't hope to be better than they are even if we do our very best, and there will be times when they're so much worse when just barely beating them means we didn't do very well at all.

So while measuring ourselves against others is exciting, the true competition is to always push yourself to be that little bit better than you were before because if you always do the very best you can because then, win or lose against others, you know you can be satisfied that you did your very best.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You guys are funny. Ya'll don't want to discuss that issue that Kap put on the table and will go as far as not to buy what you would prefer because of it. Go ahead. Buy cheaper and get what you deserve.

It's well past time to discuss this issue. Nike and the NFL are. I can only infer from their stance they don't care about the whiners.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Nike still made by children right?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I read up, sorta, but not nearly as many as the 90s.

Shoes, eh.

*looks at shoes*

V I E T N A M

hmm these are probably made by childrens.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hahah a score worse than Nike or Adidias.

Hahaha.

Dont buy
Click here for score rapport: 5 out of 36
Sustainability summary
The North Face has achieved the E-label, because only a little information is published about a policy on sustainability. It is hard to see the effort The North Face is making on sustainability. Therefore, more policy and transparency is needed.

rankabrand.org...

Nobody cares about these faceless people, so yeah buy some Nikes bruh.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Empty ya pockets son, they got you thinkin' that

What ya need is what they selling

Make you think that buying is rebelling

-RATM
=======

Hey look I'm like one of those senile posters who replies 5 times in a row.

Best arguement on the yt video comment section.

Oh so its NOT okay to buy shoes made in china but it's okay to buy a phone made in china.

lol

Stop buying crap from China, shop VIETNAMS.
edit on 7-9-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Hey look I'm like one of those senile posters who replies 5 times in a row.

Dude...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Although I wish Nike's bottom line would suffer greatly for this, and I personally will never buy another pair of Nikes, realistically speaking they will probably win over this. as Chicago's first Mayor Daley said (paraphrased), "Call me anything you want, but spell my name right." The fact is that it doesn't matter if the publicity surrounding Nike's move here is positive or negative. It's still publicity and still puts Nike's name in print, which overall increases name recognition, which results in more sales.

Question is though, will if affect Nike's CONTRACTS. Everyone keeps thinking shoes, but the real money is that Nike is one of the few big players when it comes to providing UNIFORMS to major sports leagues and franchises, as well as other garb and equipment. It's more than just overpriced shoes made by child labor here. One of those contracts, is with the NFL, you know, the same organization Kap is suing. I have to think that contract may be in jeopardy, as well as future contracts with other sports teams and franchises.

Nike stock seems unaffected by it, other than the first day dip. But, it's still pretty soon to tell.

As for Kap, I still personally believe this whole reason is BS. I think he really took a knee because his Muslim conversion resulted in some very anti-American views. But, I think he had an excellent publicist, who cooked up this whole idea (and he's probably laughing his head off, every time he sees it in the news). Kap was certainly never in a position to experience what he's claiming to protest. He had a rather privileged life. It makes little sense.

Not sure what he sacrificed. He was a mediocre player, so wouldn't have remained for long, and now he has a multi-million Nike contract, so...pardon me for not whining for a millionaire. LOL.

As for Nike, no need to boycott, as most folks realize they are overpriced to begin with. Their competitors' products are just as good, and often for less.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I know some smaller teams and leagues have cancelled Nike along with some cities.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Ya'll don't want to discuss that issue that Kap put on the table

Here's a way to solve the problem.

Don't contribute to the statistic.

There's a REASON cops assume guilt due to minority status (even cops that are minorities themselves). So the BEST solution to start solving the problem is to statistically reduce the crime rate committed by, against, and in minority neighborhoods.

While there are certainly some bad eggs amongst cops (as there all in all professions), these guys are literally risking their lives, and have to make some very sudden judgements and decisions based solely on what they see. So DON'T contribute to a negative image of yourself!

Minority is really a poor word, but in lieu of a better one. It isn't just ONE race or ONE culture either. I'll lump white wanna be gang-bangers right in there with 'em, whether Hispanic, Black, Asian, etc.. It comes down to the IMAGE one presents to the world. Look, if I'm a cop, and I see two people....one, a white guy, with face tats, gold grill, cap backwards, and pants sagging...vs. the other guy, a black guy, dressed in business casual, I'm going to assume guilt on the first one, not the second. It isn't about race, it's about perceived threat, a snap judgement based solely on the image one projects to others.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I know some smaller teams and leagues have cancelled Nike along with some cities.

True, but it will take the big boys doing it, so affect their bottom line and stock price.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join