It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INFOWARS is now permanently removed from Twitter...is Trump next?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Twitter is not being smart. Jones could influence and haul away a large chunk of Twitter users away from them and drive their stock price down, down, down!

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

He does know where to get his vault liner after he has a coronary and his eyes pop out of their sockets. Ventura can see to it since he showed him.

I don't think I could invent a better caricature of a political activist than Jones. He is talented, the way he turns it on and off at will. I looked in earlier and listened to a couple of minutes of his radio and he was still sounding like he was ready to implode.

I think he's learned his lesson well and he's hoping to get arrested while wandering the halls of government screaming in peoples faces. An arrest might put him in a higher tax bracket.

For every snake-oil salesman there exists plenty of customers with open wallets.
edit on 9/6/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I would pay top dollar...say, six bucks maybe, to see that fight. To be honest I think it would be pretty fair. AJ reminds me of one of those 'windmill' punchers if you know what I mean and Rubio...sorry, he tried to be cool but acted a little sissified to me. I would easily have accepted a 'get the f off me' from him...LOL.

That gif though.....LOL..that might replace the cats...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The fact that he requires brainwashed masses to hang on his every word, purchase every supplement or precious metal certificate he hawks, shake every fist he calls on to be shook, testifies to the weak-ass nothing that he actually is. He's the figurehead of a mob of loons. I have no doters, no masses, and no followers... hell, I don't even have a Twitter account to pimp and beg likes or shares or WTF ever the doofus tries to get from that platform.

I do know what he cannot do at this point... he cannot form a coherent statement without working himself into a lather, he cannot present normal human emotions without taking them over the top and acting like a muppet on speed, he cannot produce a defined bicep when he flexes, he cannot accept responsibility for his own content, he cannot STFU even when it would most behoove him to do so, and he cannot manage an account on Twitter, Youtube, or a handful of other social media platforms... oh, and he apparently can't hold his marriage together for snip. To say I'm less than impressed would be as much of an understatement as it would be for me to say Alex Jones is a hyperbolic ass of a man who has roughly the same degree of business calling himself a "journalist" as Jerry Springer did.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

He does know where to get his vault liner after he has a coronary and his eyes pop out of their sockets. Ventura can see to it since he showed him.

Another buffoon who was too busy getting an extra octave of volume added to their annoying voice when God was passing out brains.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Rubio's mistake is acknowledging Jones was there. He's forgotten the grade school playground life lessons about bullies and not enabling them.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

So in other words, you have allowed him a victory over you already because of how severe he is triggering you.

Your stating that what he does are all of those nasty things, but allowing him to burrow under your skin.

Isn't this what Alex Jones considers a victory?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

How many triggered individuals sit laughing while typing a reply? Seriously, how many? Reverse psychology isn't your forte, we can all see that clearly.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is just going to help Jones, they are doing exactly what they did with Trump and look what he did.

While jones will never hold office, he will certainly transfer all these attacks and negativity to a pretty good cash windfall.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Rubio's mistake is acknowledging Jones was there. He's forgotten the grade school playground life lessons about bullies and not enabling them.

I disagree, actually. Jones hearing "Who are you, anyway?" likely caused a real stinging sensation and clenching of the cheeks by AJ. He seems to consider his imaginary celebrity to be the be all, end all and someone like Rubio denying him that can't feel good.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: matafuchs
Bam! I think we all knew this was coming but the scary part is that it is setting precedent. A precedent of hate against free speech.

Link

Twitter has permanently banned the accounts of right-wing conspiracy theorist and radio host Alex Jones and InfoWars, the company said Thursday. The accounts violated the company's abusive behavior policies, Twitter said in a series of tweets. The ban comes weeks after Jones was banned or suspended by other major tech companies like Apple, Facebook and YouTube. Twitter had initially declined to take disciplinary action against Jones, saying the accounts had not violated community guidelines, but later suspended him for a period of seven days. "We took this action based on new reports of Tweets and videos posted yesterday that violate our abusive behavior policy, in addition to the accounts' past violations," the company said. "We wanted to be open about this action given the broad interest in this case."

Now, I see a LOT of racist and horrible things on Twitter but as long as they are attacking the current administration or those who voted for him they are cool. I mean, they did just state that even Mr Trump could be banned.

Is the president next?

Link

this is a lot different than just a few months ago...

Link

So what is changing? It the Red Wave so large that it is truly and out in the open stopping free speech?

President Donald Trump could potentially join the short list of famous people who have been banned from Twitter if he manages to engage in future behavior that the platform deems too abusive or violent for its standards. In an interview with Twitter legal and policy chief Vijaya Gadde and CEO Jack Dorsey, Gadde told Politico on Tuesday that while the company does give leeway in regard to their rules on abusive tweets when a newsworthy figure is involved, it "is not a blanket exception for the president or anyone else.” Trump has taken to Twitter to often levy jabs at political adversaries, the media or public figures he disagrees with, often aligning the various topics of his tweet rants to what is discussed on that morning’s edition of Fox and Friends. The president has used the platform to call women “dogs,” threaten world leaders and call athletes and people in the media he doesn’t like “dumb.”

I mean, would that not be the ultimate silencing? No more shadow banning and just right out in the open.....it is open war not even on conservatives but simply those who support our president.

So...what about all the folks that retweeted everything they tweeted? Are they going to be banned as well?

Yay censorship!

For crying out loud...do you let people visit your house and do and say as they please ?

No....I only allow others over that act and think the exact same as me.

When someone doesn't act and think like you do they don't get invited back right ?

How is that different to what's happening here?

That depends on what you mean by "doesn't act and think like you do" now doesn't it?

Does that mean I'm only supposed to allow other Kansas City Chiefs fans over and never the fans of any other NFL team, for example? I mean, they don't "act and think as I do" when they cheer another team and wear that team's apparel.

How about people who like Taylor Swift? I don't like her at all, so they clearly don't "act and think as I do" right?

I mean how far as we taking this? Remember, if you come out and say "hate speech," that has become a rather arbitrary standard these days.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
This is just going to help Jones, they are doing exactly what they did with Trump and look what he did.

While jones will never hold office, he will certainly transfer all these attacks and negativity to a pretty good cash windfall.

Well, I'd have never guessed in a million years that a self absorbed idiot like Kaepernick could turn sucking on his own foot into a multimillion dollar deal with Nike before this week, so anything is possible.

If I was a betting man, however, I'd say we're watching the fat lady sing over Jones. His ISP will drop him next and he'll drift back into obscurity.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Naw he will maintain in some form till he is ready to quit or we become a govt owns everything country.

But every time he has been targeted, or managed to force his name into the news he has made a ton of money, guy is like a cockroach the ultimate survivor.

He still makes me chuckle when I tune into his show, least till he takes some calls guy has some serious acting chops to not roll his eyes or ask if they are stupid with so many of his callers.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

How many triggered individuals sit laughing while typing a reply? Seriously, how many? Reverse psychology isn't your forte, we can all see that clearly.

Human behavior is my forte, and reverse psychology has nothing to do with this particular situation.

I noticed you were commenting on your strong and emphatic dislike of Jones and the only reason for that is how his behavior affects you and your feelings which is why I mentioned it. And then you mentioned what Jones does to people, while your display was setting a good example of what Jones does to people. Didn't you notice?

Now it seems you are getting even more triggered by being informed of it.

Just forget about it.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Its this simple, if you invited me to your house or your business and I acted in a way you deemed inappropriate you have a choice to ban me right ?

Why would you invite someone back that annoyed you or irked you even. ?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I had not thought of that angle. You might be right, he is easily triggered.

I don't think he will fade into the background. He has a solid base of customers who would probably take a bullet for him and for every person drove away, he will attract a new one. There are alternatives he can use for anything from video's to which carrier his site is on. Whack a Mole.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
I noticed you were commenting on your strong and emphatic dislike of Jones and the only reason for that is how his behavior affects you and your feelings which is why I mentioned it.

Understand something, I'm an actual conservative, far right/Altright/whatever you wanna call it and people like Alex Jones make those of us who aren't crackpots look like asses in the eyes of the establishment media. I wish not to be associated with insane jackasses who rant about ridiculously Machevelian conspiracy theories that nobody with half a frog's hair split four ways' worth of sense buy into. Jones latches his cart to the most idiotic, harebrained conspiracies imaginable... the illuminati, hand signals from University of Texas, 911, the stupidity which is Q, the Pizza fiasco... I have had, multiple times, someone ask me "Oh, you must be an Alex Jones' listener" when they learned of my politics or a time or two when I mentioned something from ATS. That's no OK with me anymore than (I expect) someone who's German would be OK with being assumed to be a fan of Hitler or a "good" Muslim is OK with being assumed to agree with bin Laden...

My behavior is a single man on a forum in the armpit of the interwebs... I'm not trying to build a media network here by which I can draw people in with crackpot theories and then sell them iodine supplements and silver certificates in reaction to the fear of nuclear fallout and a collapsing economy my narrative tries to instill in them. The difference is subtle, perhaps that's why you overlooked it.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Alex Jones is a marketing genius. He knows exactly what demographic his over the top persona appeals to; Who his extreme paranoid conspiracy theories need to believed by and what kind of people would pay $44 for Strawberry paleo Caveman formula.
You would be surprised at the number of ATS members that absolutely idolize Alex.

btw....he claims to be a Trump adviser. And I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Trump didn't confer with AJ.

www.independent.co.uk... 6.html
edit on 6-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Is the president next?

I got a feeling he wants them too.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

He has a solid base of customers who would probably take a bullet for him and for every person drove away, he will attract a new one.

A regular modern day PT Barnum he is.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join