It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INFOWARS is now permanently removed from Twitter...is Trump next?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: matafuchs
Bam! I think we all knew this was coming but the scary part is that it is setting precedent. A precedent of hate against free speech.

Link

Twitter has permanently banned the accounts of right-wing conspiracy theorist and radio host Alex Jones and InfoWars, the company said Thursday. The accounts violated the company's abusive behavior policies, Twitter said in a series of tweets. The ban comes weeks after Jones was banned or suspended by other major tech companies like Apple, Facebook and YouTube. Twitter had initially declined to take disciplinary action against Jones, saying the accounts had not violated community guidelines, but later suspended him for a period of seven days. "We took this action based on new reports of Tweets and videos posted yesterday that violate our abusive behavior policy, in addition to the accounts' past violations," the company said. "We wanted to be open about this action given the broad interest in this case."

Now, I see a LOT of racist and horrible things on Twitter but as long as they are attacking the current administration or those who voted for him they are cool. I mean, they did just state that even Mr Trump could be banned.

Is the president next?

Link

this is a lot different than just a few months ago...

Link

So what is changing? It the Red Wave so large that it is truly and out in the open stopping free speech?

President Donald Trump could potentially join the short list of famous people who have been banned from Twitter if he manages to engage in future behavior that the platform deems too abusive or violent for its standards. In an interview with Twitter legal and policy chief Vijaya Gadde and CEO Jack Dorsey, Gadde told Politico on Tuesday that while the company does give leeway in regard to their rules on abusive tweets when a newsworthy figure is involved, it "is not a blanket exception for the president or anyone else.” Trump has taken to Twitter to often levy jabs at political adversaries, the media or public figures he disagrees with, often aligning the various topics of his tweet rants to what is discussed on that morning’s edition of Fox and Friends. The president has used the platform to call women “dogs,” threaten world leaders and call athletes and people in the media he doesn’t like “dumb.”

I mean, would that not be the ultimate silencing? No more shadow banning and just right out in the open.....it is open war not even on conservatives but simply those who support our president.

So...what about all the folks that retweeted everything they tweeted? Are they going to be banned as well?

Yay censorship!

For crying out loud...do you let people visit your house and do and say as they please ?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I think he blatantly lied when he said he didn't know who Jones was.

Of course he knows who Alex Jones is, he was being dismissive to be insulting.

Jones is the lefts fall-back position for pigeonholing all conservatives.

Is he? Seems to me that when it's convenient for propping up the "conservative censorship" narrative, Jones is used by conservatives as evidence of something that is happening to "conservatives." Representative of conservatives enough to play the martyr but not enough that you'd want to be associated with his crazy?

Don't get me wrong, I think that the ability for a handful of corporations to effectively remove people at will from the largest (albeit virtual) public space ever is a serious concern that we will have to address.

I also don't think that the world needed saving from Alex Jones's bad takes and let's be honest, crazy is gonna crazy regardless. I don't think he should have been banned.

That said, the "conservative censorship" narrative is bull#. Alex Jones didn't get banned for being a conservative anymore than Milo got banned for being a conservative. (I do think Milo deserved to be banned as he was ringleader for a number of harassment campaigns on the platform)

Side note:

Marco Rubio is actually 3 years older than Alex Jones (who is only 44). Either Rubio is a vampire or all those supplements Jones hawks aren't only not working but may actually be causing premature aging.

Also, I would pay to see them fight. Not a lot but like $5 to stream it, definitely.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Sublimecraft

LOL!!! Yes, I'm sure Rubio has nothing better to do than sit around watching podcasts of a ranting, raving ass of a man screaming about the government putting chemicals in the water to make the frogs gay,

This always infuriates me. Does no one actually look into things for themselves? Atrazine is known to cause it. Atrazine is also considered safe and used willy nilly.

Atrazine demasculinizes male gonads producing testicular lesions associated with reduced germ cell numbers in teleost fish, amphibians, reptiles, and mammals, and induces partial and/or complete feminization in fish, amphibians, and reptiles. These effects are strong (statistically significant), consistent across vertebrate classes, and specific. Reductions in androgen levels and the induction of estrogen synthesis – demonstrated in fish, amphibians, reptiles, and mammals – represent plausible and coherent mechanisms that explain these effects. Biological gradients are observed in several of the cited studies, although threshold doses and patterns vary among species. Given that the effects on the male gonads described in all of these experimental studies occurred only after atrazine exposure, temporality is also met here. Thus the case for atrazine as an endocrine disruptor that demasculinizes and feminizes male vertebrates meets all nine of the “Hill criteria”.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Bam! I think we all knew this was coming but the scary part is that it is setting precedent. A precedent of hate against free speech.

Link

Twitter has permanently banned the accounts of right-wing conspiracy theorist and radio host Alex Jones and InfoWars, the company said Thursday. The accounts violated the company's abusive behavior policies, Twitter said in a series of tweets. The ban comes weeks after Jones was banned or suspended by other major tech companies like Apple, Facebook and YouTube. Twitter had initially declined to take disciplinary action against Jones, saying the accounts had not violated community guidelines, but later suspended him for a period of seven days. "We took this action based on new reports of Tweets and videos posted yesterday that violate our abusive behavior policy, in addition to the accounts' past violations," the company said. "We wanted to be open about this action given the broad interest in this case."

Now, I see a LOT of racist and horrible things on Twitter but as long as they are attacking the current administration or those who voted for him they are cool. I mean, they did just state that even Mr Trump could be banned.

Is the president next?

Link

Link

So what is changing? It the Red Wave so large that it is truly and out in the open stopping free speech?

President Donald Trump could potentially join the short list of famous people who have been banned from Twitter if he manages to engage in future behavior that the platform deems too abusive or violent for its standards. In an interview with Twitter legal and policy chief Vijaya Gadde and CEO Jack Dorsey, Gadde told Politico on Tuesday that while the company does give leeway in regard to their rules on abusive tweets when a newsworthy figure is involved, it "is not a blanket exception for the president or anyone else.” Trump has taken to Twitter to often levy jabs at political adversaries, the media or public figures he disagrees with, often aligning the various topics of his tweet rants to what is discussed on that morning’s edition of Fox and Friends. The president has used the platform to call women “dogs,” threaten world leaders and call athletes and people in the media he doesn’t like “dumb.”

I mean, would that not be the ultimate silencing? No more shadow banning and just right out in the open.....it is open war not even on conservatives but simply those who support our president.

So...what about all the folks that retweeted everything they tweeted? Are they going to be banned as well?

Yay censorship!

For crying out loud...do you let people visit your house and do and say as they please ?

No....I only allow others over that act and think the exact same as me.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
People really think there’s free speech when you use someone else’s platform with T&Cs?

That’s hilarious!

“Muh fwee speeeeeeech!” is the usual line from people who get banned from VARIOUS platforms (including here at ATS) for breaking the T&Cs.

Simple solution? Don’t like it, don’t use it.

Except that on here, limited speech is applied to everyone equally. While on twitter and facebook et al, it is only applied to groups that are made targets, in order to silence them from their platforms. And nothing to do with their community standards, as is patently obvious.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

These Social Media Communication Platforms have grown well Beyond a Novelty Now , and have taken on Sophisticated and Advanced Military Based Technology . Because of this , they Now Need to Be Handled as a Public Utility before it is to Late for the American People and our Precious Democratic Republic IMO . Just like the Phone Company Networks and Electric Companies , Everyone should get to Use them as the Designed System was intended ! If there is ANY Law-Breaking, it should be Handled Only by Law Enforcement and the DOJ and FBI . Anything other than that is Blatant Discrimination Against a Certain Group of AMERICAN CITIZENS who have their First Amendment Constitutional RIGHT to a Distinct Public Opinion Aired among their Peers in Public in a Freedom Loving Country IMO . If Eventually in a Court of Law , their Suspension of ANY Americans 1ST AMENDMENT RIGHTS should be CHALLENGED and CONFIRMED ......................

GOD BLESS AMERICA !
edit on 6-9-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: TerryDon79
People really think there’s free speech when you use someone else’s platform with T&Cs?

That’s hilarious!

“Muh fwee speeeeeeech!” is the usual line from people who get banned from VARIOUS platforms (including here at ATS) for breaking the T&Cs.

Simple solution? Don’t like it, don’t use it.

Except that on here, limited speech is applied to everyone equally. While on twitter and facebook et al, it is only applied to groups that are made targets, in order to silence them from their platforms. And nothing to do with their community standards, as is patently obvious.

I’m sure you can back that up with completely unbiased sources too, right?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
There's no need to ban tRump from Twitter. Anyone with an iq over 45 knows anything he tweets is pure fiction.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Link

Is the president next?

Link

Link

Yay censorship!

No....I only allow others over that act and think the exact same as me.

When someone doesn't act and think like you do they don't get invited back right ?

How is that different to what's happening here?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
who cares Twitter mostly sucks anyway I only use it to check up on news stories and ask network engineer's questions

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: olaru12
What we need to do is have government step in and take control of all social media. This nonsense must end.

Alex Jones is the last bastion of American freedom of speech.

That's as scary a thing as I've ever seen said. Government take control of social media?

Read my signature then you might understand. Maybe not...
edit on 6-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

Yup, great, no argument on that... except this:

is a man pretending to be a child throwing a tantrum, turning a serious issue into a spectacle for the sake of money. That is not a man calmly in control of himself presenting facts and legitimate concerns. Gratuitous hyperbole and histrionics are for actors, children, and idiots, not rationally concerned citizens.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Social media has become the church of the cult of the new left. If you disagree with what twitter is doing, then don't use it. Soon the platforms will be nothing but gathering places for the ignorant. They think they are becoming more powerful by silencing those they disagree with, but in actuality they are just simply becoming more and more wrongheaded.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Marco Rubio is actually 3 years older than Alex Jones (who is only 44). Either Rubio is a vampire or all those supplements Jones hawks aren't only not working but may actually be causing premature aging.

www.statesman.com...
Looks like he's 60, acts like he's 14...

Lawyers for Kelly Jones sought to ask the family therapist for the Jones family about Alex Jones’ statement on a Saturday Infowars broadcast that he had had sex with more than 150 women by the time he was 16 years old.

Bullcrap! Using 150 different pages from your mother's Victoria's Secret catalog for "self time" as a pubescent teenager doesn't equal having slept with 150 women, Alex Jones. The guy is a compulsive liar and from those I've known who suffer from the same, the constant worry of their lies being exposed and them being laid bare as a fraud ages one horribly.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Did you catch a glimpse of the real Mark Rubio frat-boy yesterday during his & Jones' exchange?

I did. Rubio handled himself very professionally. If that grotesque CIA asset Jones had patted me on the back as he did Rubio while cackling like a goddamn retarded imbecile, I'd have decked him. Rubio did not, proving he's got a very strong filter and amazing self control.

I think he blatantly lied when he said he didn't know who Jones was. If he didn't know who Jones was then I would be concerned as to exactly who and what he does know outside of his personal bubble. Suffice it to say, imo, he knew/knows exactly who Alex Jones is, hell even Obama gave Jones a special mention - Jones is the lefts fall-back position for pigeonholing all conservatives.

"I'll take care of it myself" he said to Jones - God I would love to see that.

Jones would have smashed his skull in. Rubio being the one to brag about "what he will do" just shows he would end up getting surprised and smashed into the carpet.

I would bet Jones would surprise a lot of people and give them the receiving end of a good beating. For All the hate people spew out at Jones they would deserve that beating too.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Satire then? Satire is all in timing.

Still it's a scary thing.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Removing President Trump would be AWESOME. That would spur a new platform owned and operated by Trump and his supporters. Imagine how much $$$ would flow in to get it up and running, in less than 2 weeks!

Never EVER let yourself be held hostage by a platform, boss, spouse....anything.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The idea of AJ successfully managing to beat another man's ass! Thanks, I needed that laugh!

edit on 6-9-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The idea of AK successfully managing to beat another man's ass! Thanks, I needed that laugh!

Haha! Well you don't really know at this point what he can do. You despising him isn't a confirmation of his weakness, but it does expose yours.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
WOW!
I can not believe Twitter actually did something right!
Alex J. is a SHILL.

Seriously though, I hate seeing anyone banned from a social media site........... I am torn though cause I REALLY don't like "over the top" Jones.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join