It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INFOWARS is now permanently removed from Twitter...is Trump next?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
What we need to do is have government step in and take control of all social media. This nonsense must end.

Alex Jones is the last bastion of American freedom of speech.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

LOL!!! Yes, I'm sure Rubio has nothing better to do than sit around watching podcasts of a ranting, raving ass of a man screaming about the government putting chemicals in the water to make the frogs gay, roleplaying as a child predator (a little too exuberantly and smoothly, if you ask me...), or squeezing out fake as all hell tears and B-grade actor level sobbing over imaginary children dead in an airstrike on a deserted Syrian base... Do you have any concept of exactly what a US Senator does? How busy they are? Rubio doesn't have time to watch a self aggrandizing lunatic with a messianic complex and a handfull of sycophantic pedantic worshippers. I'm not surprised Obama shouted out to AJ... he probably was the one who signed the man's checks to serve as a trap for low hanging fruit. Further, Obama had a penchant for doing nothing, obviously he used that time watching Jones on Dank Memes, spazzing out over the air.

Me? I'm glad Twitter banned the sonuvabitch. Nobody in their right mind on the conservative side of the aisle wants to be in any way associated with the lunatic fringe the moron attracted. Also, and I've been saying this for 8 or 9 years now, it's obvious that the guy was a CIA asset at least for part of his career. His mission is and always has been to find the weak minded who are willing to lose their grip on sanity over the baloney he spouts and get them talking, on Infowars.com and prisonplanet.com's disqus boards, so that those with loose lips can be identified by the feds and paid a visit. But, by all means, continue genuflecting at the feet of AJ the pathetic troll.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Having Alex Jones invade your personal space and put his hands on you would be difficult for anyone regardless of your politics.

AJ likely mistook Rubio for a child with his tiny hands and was as shocked as Rubio was over the whole thing.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

What makes you think I'm a fan of Alex Jones? I'm constantly calling him out as a tool here.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
People really think there’s free speech when you use someone else’s platform with T&Cs?

That’s hilarious!

“Muh fwee speeeeeeech!” is the usual line from people who get banned from VARIOUS platforms (including here at ATS) for breaking the T&Cs.

Simple solution? Don’t like it, don’t use it.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
To clarify, I do NOT want the government to step in however...the liberal/conservative comparison is in full effect and the slippery slope is in full speed ahead mode...

Twitter, a company, has the right to remove a user for what they 'feel' or 'define' as hate speech. - Alex Jones, the conservative loses and this will cost him money in the long run.

A baker, also a company, does NOT have the right to not do something because of how they feel. The baker, the conservative, loses and this will cost him money in the long run also.

A half black man can kneel and protest but a white man cannot point a finger to god...at the same job.

It should be yes for all. Our rights are eroding right before our eyes....and also I do not care one way or another if he was removed but if he is there should be good reason.

edit on Seppm30pmf0000002018-09-06T16:55:53-05:000453 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I think he blatantly lied when he said he didn't know who Jones was.

That was a jab. He probably should have just ignored him, but it's hard to ignore a noisy jack-ass interrupting someone else's interview.

Jones also blatantly lied when he said "Rubio just threatened to physically take care of me"

I guess any publicity is good publicity.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Twitter banning Trump.

Hmmmm, AWESOME!!!!
Trump gets to be the first President ever to be banned, an John Kelly and other staffers will dancing in the streets cause it's something they have totally failed at.

Plus Trump will implode cause he has absolutely no self control.

As much as I'm for free speech an don't hate Trump nearly as much as others (I'm indifferent) this at least would get him in the history books for "something". Altho I'm not sure he'd be any better at Instagram or other social media venues?

Still...hilarious!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

One of these days Alex Jones will go too far. He believes that his success is driven by controversy, so he keeps pushing farther and farther for the attention (good or bad makes no difference)

Eventually it ends badly for sensationalist attention whores like Jones when they get too desperate for attention.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Twitter should change it's name to Twitternazi.

Seig Heil.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
What we need to do is have government step in and take control of all social media. This nonsense must end.

Alex Jones is the last bastion of American freedom of speech.

That's as scary a thing as I've ever seen said. Government take control of social media?

Alex Jones is a fraud and a scam artist in my opinion, but that's not as meaningful as the importance of government NOT taking control of any business over a speech issue. No free society could survive that without turning into something quite different.

Alex Jones speech is not being denied in any way. He will probably make more money now peddling his products and using click bait to sell it. Isn't a free society wonderful! He can take a hit like that and secretly smile because he's watching people who never heard of him click on his site and tune in to his show. It's like a car wreck; everyone wants a look see.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It is extremely petty for twitter to ban Jones, simply because the guys an idiot.

End of the day though, its a private corporation, so it has nothing to do with the right to freedom of opinion and expression.... Plus, impo, anyone who's over 20 and wastes their time worrying about who is and isn't on twitter, is kinda sad.

btw, last thing any of Trumps opponents should be doing is advocating for him to be banned on twitter... In fact, they should be advocating for Trump to have free rein to tweet whatever he wants.

Then just sit back and watch him dig his whole deeper and deeper, with each tweet.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I wonder, how long would Alex Jones last as a member of ATS before being banned?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

That is what controls Twitter. Not government.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Simple answer to the OP.

No. Trump is not next as he drives too many people to Twitter, and traffic = money. Plus you ban Trump, you risk potentially millions of people dumping the brand.

The Prize Dick Jones is banned because he's risky. Alex Jones is swimming against the tide, and Twitter does not want to risk being pulled into a court case, or any bad PR.

In other words. Trump = Good PR. Jones = Bad PR.
edit on 6/9/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
Twitter now wants to monitor what they call "conversational health", apparently. I shudder to think what that actually means to them........

It mean everything double plus good.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Did you catch a glimpse of the real Mark Rubio frat-boy yesterday during his & Jones' exchange?

I did. Rubio handled himself very professionally. If that grotesque CIA asset Jones had patted me on the back as he did Rubio while cackling like a goddamn retarded imbecile, I'd have decked him. Rubio did not, proving he's got a very strong filter and amazing self control.
I agree (see, it does happen!). Was that a veiled threat out of him? Yup, and well stated at that.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Bam! I think we all knew this was coming but the scary part is that it is setting precedent. A precedent of hate against free speech.

Link

Twitter has permanently banned the accounts of right-wing conspiracy theorist and radio host Alex Jones and InfoWars, the company said Thursday. The accounts violated the company's abusive behavior policies, Twitter said in a series of tweets. The ban comes weeks after Jones was banned or suspended by other major tech companies like Apple, Facebook and YouTube. Twitter had initially declined to take disciplinary action against Jones, saying the accounts had not violated community guidelines, but later suspended him for a period of seven days. "We took this action based on new reports of Tweets and videos posted yesterday that violate our abusive behavior policy, in addition to the accounts' past violations," the company said. "We wanted to be open about this action given the broad interest in this case."

Now, I see a LOT of racist and horrible things on Twitter but as long as they are attacking the current administration or those who voted for him they are cool. I mean, they did just state that even Mr Trump could be banned.

Is the president next?

Link

this is a lot different than just a few months ago...

Link

So what is changing? It the Red Wave so large that it is truly and out in the open stopping free speech?

President Donald Trump could potentially join the short list of famous people who have been banned from Twitter if he manages to engage in future behavior that the platform deems too abusive or violent for its standards. In an interview with Twitter legal and policy chief Vijaya Gadde and CEO Jack Dorsey, Gadde told Politico on Tuesday that while the company does give leeway in regard to their rules on abusive tweets when a newsworthy figure is involved, it "is not a blanket exception for the president or anyone else.” Trump has taken to Twitter to often levy jabs at political adversaries, the media or public figures he disagrees with, often aligning the various topics of his tweet rants to what is discussed on that morning’s edition of Fox and Friends. The president has used the platform to call women “dogs,” threaten world leaders and call athletes and people in the media he doesn’t like “dumb.”

I mean, would that not be the ultimate silencing? No more shadow banning and just right out in the open.....it is open war not even on conservatives but simply those who support our president.

So...what about all the folks that retweeted everything they tweeted? Are they going to be banned as well?

Yay censorship!

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Do you mind if I post this on my Myspace page? LOL, remember, what's hot today, will be the Atari 2600 one day.
Speech is still free, just not on Twittbook.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Ugh! I remember the days when they took Larry Flynt to court and the left heralded it as a wonderful day for freedom of speech when he won. I wonder if any of the people on Flynt's side felt as ... slimy as I do essentially arguing for Jones's right to be a fat loudmouthed imbecile?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join