It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INFOWARS is now permanently removed from Twitter...is Trump next?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: imitator

You'll have to speak more slowly, it's difficult to make out what you're saying over the wailing and the gnashing of your teeth.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Are you Alex Jones? If not then at least take heart in the fact that you come across just as psychopathically insane as he does.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I for one am glad that Alex Jones has been banned from all of these sites, he is basically a showman who has got carried away with himself and has been inciting violence and basically using their platforms to spread fake news so yeah, am glad they have banned him and I support them banning him.

Admittedly at first I did think that there was a freedom of speech argument to be made about his banning but at the end of the day ATS bans members regularly and nobody cries about freedom of speech. Its their house they can ban him if they want and he broke their T&C's so ban him.

Now the interesting question is would they ban Trump, honestly I don't think twitter would unless he was to clearly violate their T&C's, they are so massive that I don't think banning him would actually have any real impact on the traffic to their site in any meaningful way. It could create other problems for them however. Personally I don't actually think that Trump has broke their T&C's yet to the extent that banning him is warranted nor do I think that they will ever actually ban him.

IF nothing else his tweets are just entertaining so I would kind of miss them.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No surprise.
You come across as a fascist in the way you post.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

No surprise.

Doesn't know me in the slightest.....claims I am a fascist, for no other reason than disagreeing with my personal views. I am going to guess that the irony of that is a bit lost on you

Get a life dude.

There is a reason I basically ignore pretty much everything you post in my direction, the above is a perfect example, personal digs that challenge my post in no way whatsoever.
edit on 9-9-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No surprise.

Doesn't know me in the slightest.....claims I am a fascist, for no other reason than disagreeing with my personal views. I am going to guess that the irony of that is a bit lost on you

Get a life dude.

There is a reason I basically ignore pretty much everything you post in my direction, the above is a perfect example, personal digs that challenge my post in no way whatsoever.

Honestly I agree, you do sound like a fascist, and also these companies shouldn't get to pick and choose when it comes to T&C violations. If AJ gets banned so should all others that have any history of violations as well. Should not be a rules for some not for all... especially when it just happens to be conservative voices that get silenced. So if you want to stop being called a fascist maybe you should stop sounding like hitler once in awhile. NAMASTE

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hahahahahahahhahahahaha you are hilarious

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

No surprise.

Get a life dude.

You are all for banning people from social media just because you object to what they have to say.
Speaks for itself.

edit on 9/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

No surprise.

Get a life dude.

You are all for banning people from social media just because you object to what they have to say.
Speaks for itself.

No I am saying that its their rules play by them or be banned just like how ATS T&C's prevent me from articulating exactly what I think of you without breaking T&C's.

He broke their rules, nobody is actually stopping him from spouting the crap he was spouting they are just refusing to let them use their platform to do it from, he is still free to say and express himself in anyway he wants.

Freedom of speech does not mean that the likes of Twitter, YouTube or ATS for that matter have to let you use their platform to say whatever you want.

ATS and Twitter could ban me tomorrow and give no reason other than "its our house, we wanted rid of you" and its got naff all to do with my freedom of speech.

meh....those are my views if you disagree fair enough.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Alex jones violated terms and conditions. Simple as that. Has nothing to do with free speech.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Alex jones violated terms and conditions. Simple as that. Has nothing to do with free speech.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

That is exactly the issue, so to bring this back around to the OP, I honestly don't think that Trump has yet violated their T&C to warrant having his accounts banned.

I think another really important factor to take into account however is that there is a element of human bias when making these decisions. Now not to pic on ATS (sorry mods) but lets use it as a example, its their house we play by their rules and there are a few hundred thousand of us with hundreds if not thousands of posts per day, it is impossible to universally enforce T&C's in a uniform way that is always 100% consistent. Now if you take that example and expand it to a platform like Twitter or Facebook it becomes even more difficult and at some point a human has to make a judgement using those T&Cs as a guide, I would imagine that this would involve several individuals all coming to a consensus.

If someone gets banned from ATS, it might appear to be unfair, it might actually really be unfair, could be a bad call from Mods and yeah, am sure that sucks but it is not actually restricting anyones freedom of speech. Now whats happened with AJ is really just an expansion of this argument.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

When corporations band together like they did, then the situation becomes different and warrants debate. This is especially true when factions of the media start campaigning for a ban.

The private company argument falls down when you consider how it could be used by industries collaborating on political issues.

Private companies could, if they wanted, reduce a human being to a life of the middle ages. All that is needed is collaborating. Won't sell food, won't provide credit , won't sell electric, gas, water, wood, coal ... nothing. Can't shop anywhere. Won't sell clothes, can't eat at restaurants, can't have internet, no phone, no holidays, ...

Collaborating to target an individual is exactly what the online media companies, social media companies and some service providers did.

Downplaying the debate to a 'Private company' issue is a cop out and invoked purely because you don't like Jones. You simply don't have the guts to admit you are supportive of silencing people you don't agree with.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I've already moved to Gab.ai

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: imitator

lib-tech giants are banning conservatives all over the place....

They also ban non conservatives for breaking their T&Cs.

BOO-HOO!

I'm sure your taking in the Twitter banning like a tasty baby candy pacifier...

Unfortunately you think we're talking about T&C's, when it's actually about banning conservative free speech.

Free speech doesn't exist on an internet site with T&Cs.

Try breaking the T&Cs here, then moan about "muh fwee speeeeeeeeeeeeeech".

Conservative free speech always breaks the T&C's of the hypocrite liberal. That was the point. (You don't get). To "get it" would mean acknowledging the hypocrisy and double standard, and we all know that isn't happening.

So you’re saying T&Cs are a liberal thing?

You really live in an obscure fantasy world.

The world where liberals perceive their own T&C's as different from those who they disagree with as evidenced by their double standard combined with extreme hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: JinMI

I've already moved to Gab.ai

minds.com is another.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Good it was mostly bs Alex sucked as a sorts caster and figured this was all he could do be a right wing mouth peace and keep pushing scare tactics toward the base.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I did see that. Hysterical. Like Rubio does not know who he is...

www.youtube.com...

This is the video that got him banned....

The video has been removed, can't see it anymore
. Curious what it was!

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Just putting this out there.. perhaps trying to silence Alex Jones is only getting people to go and check out his site?
His site seemed to be drifting down before the ban, then boom.

edit on 12/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join