It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INFOWARS is now permanently removed from Twitter...is Trump next?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Bam! I think we all knew this was coming but the scary part is that it is setting precedent. A precedent of hate against free speech.

Link

Twitter has permanently banned the accounts of right-wing conspiracy theorist and radio host Alex Jones and InfoWars, the company said Thursday. The accounts violated the company's abusive behavior policies, Twitter said in a series of tweets. The ban comes weeks after Jones was banned or suspended by other major tech companies like Apple, Facebook and YouTube. Twitter had initially declined to take disciplinary action against Jones, saying the accounts had not violated community guidelines, but later suspended him for a period of seven days. "We took this action based on new reports of Tweets and videos posted yesterday that violate our abusive behavior policy, in addition to the accounts' past violations," the company said. "We wanted to be open about this action given the broad interest in this case."

Now, I see a LOT of racist and horrible things on Twitter but as long as they are attacking the current administration or those who voted for him they are cool. I mean, they did just state that even Mr Trump could be banned.

Is the president next?

Link

this is a lot different than just a few months ago...

Link

So what is changing? It the Red Wave so large that it is truly and out in the open stopping free speech?

President Donald Trump could potentially join the short list of famous people who have been banned from Twitter if he manages to engage in future behavior that the platform deems too abusive or violent for its standards. In an interview with Twitter legal and policy chief Vijaya Gadde and CEO Jack Dorsey, Gadde told Politico on Tuesday that while the company does give leeway in regard to their rules on abusive tweets when a newsworthy figure is involved, it "is not a blanket exception for the president or anyone else.” Trump has taken to Twitter to often levy jabs at political adversaries, the media or public figures he disagrees with, often aligning the various topics of his tweet rants to what is discussed on that morning’s edition of Fox and Friends. The president has used the platform to call women “dogs,” threaten world leaders and call athletes and people in the media he doesn’t like “dumb.”

I mean, would that not be the ultimate silencing? No more shadow banning and just right out in the open.....it is open war not even on conservatives but simply those who support our president.

edit on Seppm30pmf0000002018-09-06T16:16:23-05:000423 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Doesn't matter really.

Twitter is one of the largest corporations and are actively censoring users. They will still continue to be a massive corporation and rake in the profits.

That's the problem.

There is no fix that comes from the gov't or abroad.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You are right.

I think the time is ripe for a 'new' Twitter...I mean, at one time MySpace was on fire...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Jones is not very smart.

He went to congress yesterday and started putting hands on peeps.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Twitter now wants to monitor what they call "conversational health", apparently. I shudder to think what that actually means to them........

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Did you catch a glimpse of the real Mark Rubio frat-boy yesterday during his & Jones' exchange? Anyway, I think it was only a matter of time for twitter, frankly I thought they would have been one of the first to ban him given twitters obsession with banning conservatives.

Anyway, its clear that twitter relies too much on Trump and although the BoD want him gone, they also know that if Trump leaves, that will be the end of twitters 'golden years' and whoever takes up the mantle and gets Trumps membership will be the new hip platform to be a part of.

Humans eh!!

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
#killallmen

#killallwhitemen

Still working. Not that I even had to check.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Twitter is on its way becoming like Myspace.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yeah, you wish.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
#killallmen

#killallwhitemen

Still working. Not that I even had to check.

we all knew she was never getting banned. didnt even enter my mind.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: JinMI

You are right.

I think the time is ripe for a 'new' Twitter...I mean, at one time MySpace was on fire...

Trump could seize the moment and switch to another platform.

Imagine how that would go ultimately for Twitter, and for the new platform he switches to.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Did you catch a glimpse of the real Mark Rubio frat-boy yesterday during his & Jones' exchange?

I did. Rubio handled himself very professionally. If that grotesque CIA asset Jones had patted me on the back as he did Rubio while cackling like a goddamn retarded imbecile, I'd have decked him. Rubio did not, proving he's got a very strong filter and amazing self control.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

This is what happens when corporations get too big for their boots, but its capitalism right, they earned their money and can do with it as they please right. As a citizen you can choose to boycott them right so why the outrage.

Surely you're not suggesting the government should get involved and tell a private corporation how to run their business....

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Did you catch a glimpse of the real Mark Rubio frat-boy yesterday during his & Jones' exchange?

I did. Rubio handled himself very professionally. If that grotesque CIA asset Jones had patted me on the back as he did Rubio while cackling like a goddamn retarded imbecile, I'd have decked him. Rubio did not, proving he's got a very strong filter and amazing self control.

I think he blatantly lied when he said he didn't know who Jones was. If he didn't know who Jones was then I would be concerned as to exactly who and what he does know outside of his personal bubble. Suffice it to say, imo, he knew/knows exactly who Alex Jones is, hell even Obama gave Jones a special mention - Jones is the lefts fall-back position for pigeonholing all conservatives.

"I'll take care of it myself" he said to Jones - God I would love to see that.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well it's London. So that should explain everything.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

I think the time is ripe for a 'new' Twitter...

Winning idea, and a new video channel to compete with You Tube!

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Having Alex Jones invade your personal space and put his hands on you would be difficult for anyone regardless of your politics.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
How is banning "alternative media" whatever kind, not collusion to interfere in the election?

If info wars has to go then ATS is not far behind.
edit on 6-9-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I did see that. Hysterical. Like Rubio does not know who he is...

www.youtube.com...

This is the video that got him banned....

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join