It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democracy At Work Is The Only Way To Stop Billionaires Like Bezos

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

All costs will go up.
I only have 2 part time employees.
Everybody will raise prices

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think a better idea is to negotiate an agreeable percentage of profits to be equally distributed among the employees if they were to actually do this at a national level. That way it would push the employees to do a better job and it doesn't kill the companies.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Meanwhile. at The Company executive meeting:

CEO: OK, what are our options, here.

VP: Well, in the long run, this could cost us billions. I recommend we buy a few Congressmen for a few hundred million and have them vote against this.

CEO: That sounds cost effective. All in favor ...

JOE!

Say it ain't so.....

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: JasonBillung

All costs will go up.
I only have 2 part time employees.
Everybody will raise prices

See Victor's solution?

Get together with the other real estate owners and bribe a congress person?

I can give you a few names of folks that I suspect will be open to your offers....

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

There's no such thing as crappy jobs.

Every job contributes to something as a society.

Fine, but the concern of this thread, is -- is it crappy for the person doing it?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
To little and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to late.

This economic system is based upon ''dominion-ism'' and thrives on the exploitation of all resources including people, the people who do the work and the people who are conned into becoming ''consumers''.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Meanwhile. at The Company executive meeting:

CEO: OK, what are our options, here.

VP: Well, in the long run, this could cost us billions. I recommend we buy a few Congressmen for a few hundred million and have them vote against this.

CEO: That sounds cost effective. All in favor ...

JOE!

Say it ain't so.....

Hey! Trump's supposed to be cleaning up this mess, remember? He doesn't represent the big money guys, he's all in for the little guys! How could you forget his campaign promises so easily?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Oh, just got caught by semantics.

Yes, there's crappy jobs and people should be paid more if that's the case.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

a reply to: angeldoll

That all sounds fine and dandy but I can tell you that as a landlord myself, rent will go up with wages. Not because I would want to raise the rent but because all my expenses will rise to cover the wage increase.
Right back to living week to week.

Of course you increase rent when your own expenses increase. That's business.

But why make it sound so futile? Don't be a defeatist. There's a way for people to be treated fairly when it comes to paying them. It begins with greed reduction.

The money has to come from somewhere.

I've had a renter who was 2 months behind on rent stand in his driveway, light up a cigarette while holding a beer give me a sob story about how he doesnt have the rent money.

You get pretty jaded when I still have to pay his gas bill when he hasn't paid me.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
To little and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to late.

This economic system is based upon ''dominion-ism'' and thrives on the exploitation of all resources including people, the people who do the work and the people who are conned into becoming ''consumers''.

I just got done a week of training at work, (paid for by the federal govt, my employer), and pretty much your definition matches what they call "strategic" planning - using all resources (financial, human, fiscal, environmental, legal and economic - to achieve a specific outcome.
edit on 6-9-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Funniest thing I've read in a while, thanks for that.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Well, at least I made you laugh then.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Wow. This bill sounds like a great way to think outside the box. I like it. Also, love the name!

Stop Bad Employers by Zeroing Out Subsidies (BEZOS) Act

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung
a reply to: Bluntone22

How would your expenses go up as a landlord? Do you hire underpaid workers to maintain your properties?

Or are you saying after a time all cost would go up to support a living wage for all Americans?

Asking for myself, not a friend.

I see this sort of question every time the minimum wage argument comes up.
In the end, there is no answer on how to fix this- money is broken by design.

But, to answer your question, you can look no further than where YOU spend YOUR money.

I did groceries last night.
Eggs- lots of people work at the farms. Trucking. Distribution. Hundreds of people are easily involved in getting those eggs into my basket- and then I've got to pay the store employees, too.

If you increase the wages of the farmers, the truckers, the warehouse workers, the shelf-stockers, etc... the price of eggs has to go up to pay for that difference.
But it's not just eggs- that goes for every product sold, anywhere.
That goes for the materials and labor that go into maintaining property, too. Everything gets more expensive, for everybody.
The guy you pay your rent to? They probably turn around and hand that check to the bank to pay the mortgage on that property.

Then the government workers... well, you made their eggs cost more too- so they're going to get a raise, which in turn will raise everyones taxes.

It's broken from the top down, and IMO there's no way to legislate their way out of it. Sure, you can tax the rich and give it to the poor- but it all just feeds right back into the same feedback loop of a failing currency, leading to more inflation- more money flooding into the bottom of the system and quickly going right to the top where it stays.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If Bexos has to pay his employees more he wont have all that money to spend making up dirt on Trump..

Are you liberals sure you want this?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Charge the corporation that employ over 500 workers for any government benefits their employees receive while under their employ plus a 10% tax on those benefits. This will force these places to pay enough of a wage to make their employees no longer qualify for these benefits or they lose more money. In addition, it forces them to keep prices reasonable because otherwise people will start qualifying for government benefits again as the requirements are made more accessible due to need.

Create a constant cycle where the more they try to screw over their employees the more they lose, and the more they play nice, the more they keep.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
If Bexos has to pay his employees more he wont have all that money to spend making up dirt on Trump..

What a stupid strawman you are deploying here...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Any guesses on how many low wage workers get fired if this goes through?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Any guesses on how many low wage workers get fired if this goes through?

It's sad that we let big businesses hold worker's rights hostage because of a threat to cut jobs if employers are inconvenienced. Deploying this argument is doing their work for them. How about passing the bill and seeing who cuts jobs and dealing with it then?
edit on 6-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: notsure1

What a stupid strawman you are deploying here...

Bezos has gotten a pass from liberals because he hates Trump.

He is richer than most of the others combined and you guys love him. he pays his employees what he makes in 10 seconds and you guys love him because he hates Trump.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join