It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is Trump a Fascist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

A fascist is a follower of a political philosophy characterized by authoritarian views and a strong central government — and no tolerance for opposing opinions.

Trump certainly displays authoritarian views and certainly doesn't tolerate opposing opinions so he currently posses the two of the three credentials. As far as wanting a strong central government, he wants to eliminate the free press so he can dictate what they can or cannot report (State controlled media). He has shown many times he prefers to bypass congress. He currently is rushing through his supreme court justice without giving both democrats and republicans enough time to review his qualifications. Any job candidate looking to land a 30 year position should have his qualifications thoroughly vetted. Any smart business owner would agree with that.

He continues to bash both republicans, his own advisers, and democrats alike who don't agree with him. He also has fired an unprecedented number of officials in the White House based upon that fact. Dictators do this, except instead of firing them they kill them! (I wouldn't be surprised if Trump secretly wishes he could do just that!) He's also praised two fascists (Kim Jong Un and Putin). Just that alone shows his own desire for power and praise. I wouldn't be surprised if he had his way he would want to rule with a strong central government. Unfortunately for him our government has a system of checks and balances.

I truly believe our system of government is broken. The party system has divided this country. Instead of working together, negotiating and compromising to pass legislation for the benefit of (all) it's citizens, our representatives have chosen to take sides and do nothing. Trump a facist? If the shoe fits wear it.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung
a reply to: network dude

The Constitution, Article II, Section 4:
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

The 25th amendment allows for the Vice President to become president in the event of death, resignation, removal from office or impairment that prevents the current president from fulfilling his or her duties.

Constitutional enough for ya?

Don't get so triggered. This is just what the fascist want.....

so when did the Impeachment happen? When did the 25th get invoked?

triggered? sport, you are out of your league on this. You are running off of a combination of stupid and hate. Bad choice.

Again, this has nothing at all to do with Trump.

“I [state your full name], Do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God

Read it, understand it, and if you ever really do serve, remember what it means and realize it's forever.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Well, you sure are trying to hate on me some it seems.

OK, are far as the oath is concerned, it is not without exceptions.

Ever hear of an illegal order?

I had to disobey a few in my time. Never got any crap for it either.

And what is this "if you ever really do serve" crap? You trying to steal my valor?

Anyone can claim to have served. Like you, for instance.

I am ending this discussion with you, because you have insulted me at the highest level. You have repeatedly questioned my integrity. As you might know, that is all an office has at the end of the day.

Thanks for your internet claimed service.
Enjoy life.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think you hit the nail on the head when you said he had some fascist tendencies or said and did a few things that could be considered fascist leaning. Overall though, he isn't fascist. I don't think he's overtly racist either. The Wall thing is about border security, not racism. He's said some things that make you go hmmmm, but he's not an out and out racist.

That's kind of the whole problem with our whole society. It's okay to condemn an action and to especially single it out and go why did you say that, but one action or statement doesn't mean you can paint the whole thing red. Just like one person cries when Trump is elected, it doesn't mean all liberals are cry babies. In fact you should have seen the people moping around my office when Obama one his last term. They were almost crying as they walked around the office. It goes both ways.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Well, you sure are trying to hate on me some it seems.

OK, are far as the oath is concerned, it is not without exceptions.

Ever hear of an illegal order?

I had to disobey a few in my time. Never got any crap for it either.

And what is this "if you ever really do serve" crap? You trying to steal my valor?

Anyone can claim to have served. Like you, for instance.

I am ending this discussion with you, because you have insulted me at the highest level. You have repeatedly questioned my integrity. As you might know, that is all an office has at the end of the day.

Thanks for your internet claimed service.
Enjoy life.

LOL, if I served, or am full of crap, it changes NOTHING of what I said. Present me with the section of the oath you say you took that allows you to disregard the Constitution. Or the part where if you think the president is a dick, you can ignore him.

You can't, because it's not there. Then there is the chain of command. Unless you are a general and appointed to the White house, it's unlikely that you get your orders right from Trump, or Obama, Or Bush, Or Clinton, Or Bush. You likely had officers appointed over you that received orders from their superiors and passed them down to you.

If you failed to follow their orders and you willingly disobeyed, then you either had really sh!tty leadership, or you aren't being truthful. Not following orders due to them being unlawful has it's own set of jurisprudence that goes along with it, and you don't get to just stay back sucking on beers because you don't want to fight today.

If you really did serve, and you just are having a hard time understanding the promises you made previously, then you have my sympathy and I hope you find the help you need. If you are lying, you know it, and must live with that.
But regardless of your military status, the things I mentioned are facts, they are written and have been followed by many, and unless you have proof otherwise, they stand undisputed.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I ___, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God. (Title 5 U.S. Code 3331, an individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services)

Note above applies to officers.

Link

The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) 809[890].ART.90 (20), makes it clear that military personnel need to obey the "lawful command of his superior officer," 891.ART.91 (2), the "lawful order of a warrant officer", 892.ART.92 (1) the "lawful general order", 892.ART.92 (2) "lawful order". In each case, military personnel have an obligation and a duty to only obey Lawful orders and indeed have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the president that do not comply with the UCMJ. The moral and legal obligation is to the U.S. Constitution and not to those who would issue unlawful orders, especially if those orders are in direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ.

Link

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think the better question is does trump want to be a fascist?

Does trump have fascist tendencies?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
I think the better question is does trump want to be a fascist?

Does trump have fascist tendencies?

You can tell the character of a man by his friends. trump adores Putin and respects "rocket man" Jong_Un what's that tell you?
edit on 6-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

All enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC.

Do you think you know who the enemy is?

And lucky enough, those of us who feel this way, are armed to the flucking teeth.

Yippee

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

And lucky enough, those of us who feel this way, are armed to the flucking teeth.

Yippee

I sure don't know, but while you and others may cheer subverting the Constitution, Some of us will still be here protecting your right to do just that. With our life if necessary.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

If Trump was fascist, NYT wouldn't exist right now.

That's true up to a point, but I believe if the Trump thought he dared the NYT
would not exist. I believe that he Trump harbors very strong Fascist thoughts, if he
does not get the approval he thinks he deserves or is criticized.

However he will be gone soon I hope.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I ___, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God. (Title 5 U.S. Code 3331, an individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services)

Note above applies to officers.

Link

The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) 809[890].ART.90 (20), makes it clear that military personnel need to obey the "lawful command of his superior officer," 891.ART.91 (2), the "lawful order of a warrant officer", 892.ART.92 (1) the "lawful general order", 892.ART.92 (2) "lawful order". In each case, military personnel have an obligation and a duty to only obey Lawful orders and indeed have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the president that do not comply with the UCMJ. The moral and legal obligation is to the U.S. Constitution and not to those who would issue unlawful orders, especially if those orders are in direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ.

Link

I must be missing the part where you can do what you want if you don't like the guy in charge. Could you maybe bold that part for me?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I sure don't know

Well you might want to give it some thought before you start shooting - and threatening

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Yippee

I sure don't know, but while you and others may cheer subverting the Constitution, Some of us will still be here protecting your right to do just that. With our life if necessary.

I think the Constitution is clear with the 25th amendment this time around. Draw up the papers, it's time...Even his staff is claiming the wheel is still turning but the hamster's gone.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I sure don't know

Well you might want to give it some thought before you start shooting - and threatening

LOL, I would have thought you could comprehend written words at least as well as most. Where did I threaten anyone? I stated that my duty as a vet is to support and defend the constitution. And yes, I have the tools to do such If they need a 50 year old fat guy from NC. Please, don't be a drama queen, just debate me on the words I wrote.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Yippee

I think the Constitution is clear with the 25th amendment this time around. Draw up the papers, it's time...Even his staff is claiming the wheel is still turning but the hamster's gone.

And here is the key to all that. If he's unfit and those who work with him believe this, then we have a system in place to deal with it. As long as that system is followed, I can be angry, I can get all red faced, and I can even say words, but I will have to deal with the results, as they would be done according to the laws we made as a nation. Do you agree with that, or are you for impeachment first, and finding a reason for it later?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Good point. Until then, it is no more than an anonymous accusation.

edit on 6-9-2018 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

If Trump had his way, the NYT and other unfavorable media outlets would be shut down.

That's being fascist.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

If Trump had his way, the NYT and other unfavorable media outlets would be shut down.

That's being fascist.

Oh is that right? You imagine a desire, you attribute it to Trump, and that makes him a fascist. If only we could get through real life so easily.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Do you agree with that, or are you for impeachment first, and finding a reason for it later?

let Mueller finish the investigation, release it to the public and let the chips fall where they may.

I dislike the draft dodging coward but I'm not making threats to get my guns and go take matters into my own hands like you.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join