It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is Trump a Fascist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung
a reply to: tovenar

Has Trump closed down any legislative assemblies? Has he set up new institutions for censorship? Has he set up the "strong regimentation of society and the economy?" (wikipedia's terminology?)

He sure as heck is trying.

He just call for the Op-ED poster to be turned over to the government.

link

Talking out of his face is not 'trying,' it's called... talking
Trying means he 'does' something after bloviating....

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

UH, you asked the question as to why Trump is widely viewed as a fascist.

I gave a response. You deflected to other leaders.

BTW - Stalin was more a communist dictator, and Iran is a theocracy. Get your "hot-button" slurs correct.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

Talking out of his face is not 'trying,' it's called... talking Trying means he 'does' something after bloviating....

Hummm..

Now what other fascist started out this way.....?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Talking out of his face is not 'trying,' it's called... talking Trying means he 'does' something after bloviating....

Hummm..

Now what other fascist started out this way.....?

I'm no match for such brilliant reply.
You win.

I would have never realized that talking was a gateway to fascism, but that's why ATS makes me a better person.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I am pretty sure you have to be born Fascist, either that or catch it through the exchanging of bodily fluids.
edit on 6-9-2018 by karmicecstasy because: Meep Meep

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
I am pretty sure you have to be born Fascist, either that or catch it through the exchange of bodily fluids.

(awesome!)

I'm mixed, only half fascist. From my mother's side.

I always felt unwanted. When my mother started talking about sending me to camp, I got really scared.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I would have never realized that talking was a gateway to fascism, but that's why ATS makes me a better person.

No it is what you communicate.

Today Trump called for the OP-ED writer to be turned over to the government in a tweet. See my prior post link.

Sounds pretty close to a fascist action by dear leader. He has already called reporters the enemy of the country. See where this is headed?

If not, have a nice day.
edit on 6-9-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The Op-Ed piece in the NYT called him a fascist

It didn't.

Wikipedia says that fascism is far right (that definition was changed about 10 years ago, as other ATSers have pointed out.)

It wasn't but that's really besides the point.

I could understand the argument that he has fascistic sentiments. But other than passing judgement via twitter posts, what has he actually DONE that is fascistic?

Whether or not he is a fascist isn't determined by what he's been able to do but rather by what he believes. Just like a person can be a communist without being part of a communist regime.

I wouldn't call him a literal fascist (if anything it would be neo-fascist but I don't think he quite crosses the threshold) but I think it's fair to say he has demonstrated tendencies consistent with fascist leaders though not strictly unique to fascism (ultranationalism, authoritarianism, anti-liberalism, etc).

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

No it is what you communicate.

Today Trump called for the OP-ED writer to be turned over to the government in a tweet. See my prior post link.

Sounds pretty close to a fascist action by dear leader. He has already called reporters the enemy of the country. See where this is headed?

If not, have a nice day.

So I apologize for being snarky.

In honesty, I do see your point on this.
On other social media, I have been pretty open that this kind of talk had better remain hot air, because any action to enact it is a grave problem.

When Obama spoke in a way that made me feel a similar way, I too got very concerned.

My primary fear when I hear leaders speak this way, is that they are voicing a shared sentiment among lawmakers. That it might embolden them to write laws.

So on THIS point, I probably agree with you far more than I don't.

I'll get my snark reflexes back under control.

cheers?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

No worries. I liked your post about "being sent to camp." Double meaning?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
How is Trump a Fascist?

Because his haters say so.

They're never wrong.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

He's done a great job of getting people to burn their Nike's.

Just because he didn't like a football player.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: watchitburn

He hurt some feelings.

So did an OP-ED, I've seen a few members here calling for the writer to be hung, for writing some words.

I don't think you grasp the entire situation that exists. If the OP ed writer is indeed a WH insider, who is actively working to usurp the authority of an elected official, then he/she is acting against the constitution of the United States. If we allow something like this based on nothing more than we don't like this guy, or he's got an orange tint, or he tweets too much, then where does this end? And more importantly, when did it start?

This is something that the "resistance" on this site seem to be cheering for, and I sincerely doubt they understand why.

If we have a deep state embedded in the White house staff, then why do we even vote or pretend to give a rats ass about the constitution? Why did I vow to give my life if necessary to protect a document and a way of life that some feel they can sh!t all over and operate any way they wish "for the good of the people"?

I think that those who wish to cheer on this event need to really read and understand the oath I took and what it means, and I didn't take it alone.

All enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC. and I didn't give it up when my military service ended. If we need to let the current and past troops know that it's time to take back the country, then it will be done, and not by asking nicely. And lucky enough, those of us who feel this way, are armed to the flucking teeth.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Has Trump closed down any legislative assemblies? Has he set up new institutions for censorship? Has he set up the "strong regimentation of society and the economy?" (wikipedia's terminology?)

He sure as heck is trying.

He just call for the Op-ED poster to be turned over to the government.

link

And? Why shouldn't he want to know? If I were Trump I would want to know so I could fire that person. Immediately. That has NOTHING to do with being fascist and everything to do with a disgruntled employee being a coward.
edit on 6-9-2018 by Fools because: eep

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

No worries. I liked your post about "being sent to camp." Double meaning?

exactly

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I understand that sentiment, and I am not rooting for this character as I know not who they are, what their true intentions are, and the means they took to do what they claimed.

The only position I have on this is that I don't want abuse of power taken against this person until we know the facts.

For all we know, it was a simple hit piece, and the only way they worked against some of his policies is merely by collectively taking an alternate stance from Trump, and convincing him of it.

We've seen no shortage of people acting high and mighty against Trump and claiming they've done more than they have. Look no further than Comey.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I think that those who wish to cheer on this event need to really read and understand the oath I took and what it means, and I didn't take it alone. All enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC. and I didn't give it up when my military service ended. If we need to let the current and past troops know that it's time to take back the country, then it will be done, and not by asking nicely. And lucky enough, those of us who feel this way, are armed to the flucking teeth.

What if it was a military man that wrote the oped? I think it was. Kelly denied it but what did you expect him to say?

And Jim Mattis is the ultimate Patriot...sticky situation to say the least. Trump must be triggered...lol

edit on 6-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I think that those who wish to cheer on this event need to really read and understand the oath I took and what it means, and I didn't take it alone. All enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC. and I didn't give it up when my military service ended. If we need to let the current and past troops know that it's time to take back the country, then it will be done, and not by asking nicely. And lucky enough, those of us who feel this way, are armed to the flucking teeth.

What if it was a military man that wrote the oped? I think it was. Kelly denied it but what did you expect him to say?

My bet would be on Sessions.

My next bet is a long shot, but hear me out, it may be someone who is gone but made the wording seem like they're still there. If they are gone, they can still speak of the groups effort and may have made this piece fearing no repercussion as they are already out of the admin.... My curve ball bet is Rex Tillerson.
edit on 6-9-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
He isn't under the definition of "fascist/fascism"

he is a narcissistic hyper-capitalist

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

And Jim Mattis is the ultimate Patriot...sticky situation to say the least. Trump must be triggered...lol

are you familiar with the oath a person takes when becoming a member of the US military?

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

I realize it's not cool to be patriotic anymore, but I'm not in this to be liked or admired by assholes. I took that oath, and i will defend it and the country I live in until my death. Now we all joke and have fun here, but this is no longer a joke for me. I'm the kind of serious you don't want to stand against. If you can show me in the Constitution of the United States, where this is OK, I'll back down, apologize to all, and shut up. But if you can't, you have two choices, join me, or get the # out of the way.

not joking at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join