It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abiogenesis - The Impossible Theoretical Miracle

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Its the big lie fallacy. Repeat it until people adopt it. Ignore contradictory evidence. If I tried that in my job, my companies clients would look elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Yes exactly finally you get it. We should get back to this in a million years, when more evidence comes to the fore.

Till then. Cya.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

Yes exactly finally you get it. We should get back to this in a million years, when more evidence comes to the fore.

Till then. Cya.

Nope, we should continue to study and observe the process and learn as much as we possibly can, because that's the type of thing that could one day help us cure many diseases (ie cancer) and make the idea of "eternal life" (elimination of aging) actually possible instead of adherence to a silly pipe dream. LOL @ get back to it in a million years. WHY? Knowledge is power but people simply hate knowledge.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I don't get it. You saying a million years may not be enough time to gather and formulate some sort of conclusive encompassing data on all this and the evolution thing? I figured that's about how long it would take if we survive that long, to come to any definitive conclusion.

But I see you point. That may not be enough time. So lets say, 10 million years from now, we may be able to say with unshakable certainty what it was all about.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Dude, there is no reason to wait millions of years. We have the fossil history and we see the process happening genetically live as it happens.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Just in case. You never know.

Second.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

What you have is modern science - spectroscopy and other methods of determining probable age, composition, etc.
Nothing is ever "conclusive" in science. The door is always open for new discoveries, new evidence. What's important to understand is that science accumulates knowledge with the tools that we have. And we have some very good tools.

You need to study the technical details as to how the science works. This is where the philosopher and speculator part ways with the bench scientist - a bench scientist, the person(s) who actually carry out the experiments deliver the data. This process is ongoing - the science builds on itself. It is a self-correcting process - even if it takes hundreds of years.

edit on 29-1-2019 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Just in case. You never know.

Second.

The earth could be flat as well. I mean, hey, you never know.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I am quite sure that little issues will be fixed within the next few thousand years though. Small as it is. Only saying that is because I think sometime in the next coming thousand years. We may be sending more then a few people to the moon to see what up.

Evolution though? Dont think you all will be getting to the bottom of that in a while.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Evolution though? Dont think you all will be getting to the bottom of that in a while.

I'm not sure why you keep saying that. Scientists already HAVE gotten to the bottom of evolution.

talkorigins.org...

It's not just a guess, it's one of the most substantiated and detailed scientific theories of all time.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

I'm not sure why you keep saying that. Scientists already HAVE gotten to the bottom of evolution.

talkorigins.org...

It's not just a guess, it's one of the most substantiated and detailed scientific theories of all time.

Not just one of, the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis is the most widely studied as well as the Most thoroughly substantiated Scientific Theory in history. People don’t seem to get that there’s more evidence supporting the MES than there is for Gravity or Cell Theory yet I never see anyone disputing that the bodies of all biological organisms are made up of cells or trying to jump off of Bridges and tall buildings because they think they can just float freely with no mechanical assistance.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
If we were still alive in a million years, when every species on Earth is still the exact same species, you'd say evolution takes at least a billion years.

Give it a rest, dawg. We can look to the past and clearly see that species were not the same. Some changes happened as recently as 30,000 years ago. I know I gave you the lactose tolerance mutation and several other examples, but you didn't even respond to the data. You ignored it and then randomly come back later and spewed the same rhetoric after being proved wrong. We know species change. That's a fact. A million years ago, humans were much different. It's in the fossil record, plus we have some DNA samples of human ancestors/cousins. I also gave you supporting links for evolution in general many times, but I don't recall you ever addressing a single one.

Not only that, you'd say there's even MORE evidence of evolution. Because you'd have many more extinct species by then, which all 'evolved' into other species, of course.

Many more? 99.9% of all species to ever exist on earth have gone extinct, and that's not a high enough amount for you? No, all of them did not evolve into other species. Most of them just died and other, more equipped species to handle the environmental change did survive. IE, when the dinosaurs went extinct 65m years ago, they didn't just evolve into other things. They almost all died except for burrowing mammals, smaller reptiles, smaller avian dinosaurs and others that were equipped to handle the change of suddenly having very scarce food sources and a toxic environment from radiation, nuclear winter, etc etc.

Every single species, which has ever become extinct, over recorded history, was the last of its species, and NEVER 'evolved' into another species.

The dodo bird became extinct, and that ended the species, forever. It never 'evolved' into another species, before it became extinct. Same as the dodo bird, and every other species that died off. They were the last of each species, on Earth, and were forever gone from living on the Earth. None 'branched off' into another species, before they became extinct.

You'd claim they 'evolved' into another species if we didn't see them die off as a species, which DID NOT 'evolve' into something else, before they became extinct, over recorded history. You'd look like an idiot to claim the dodo bird 'evolved' into some other species of bird, which lives today!!

So how many species have become extinct over recorded history, would you say? Perhaps thousands, at least, right?

And how many of those thousands of recently extinct species have 'evolved' into another species, which lives today?

None, right?

Let's suppose all those extinct species which lived during recorded history had been long extinct, before recorded history?

Would you claim they 'evolved' into other species, or not?

You'd cry out loud they all 'evolved' into other, living species, without a doubt.

Just like you cry about all the extinct species now, which died off before recorded history!

Yes, it is THOSE extinct species which 'evolved', not all the thousands we saw go extinct, since then!! None of THEM 'evolved', for some strange reason! I'm sure it's just a crazy coincidence!

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Evidence is in our recorded history, of all living, and extinct, species, over thousands of years. That is what we know, what we have seen, what is proven, and THAT is what we can conclude to be absolute, indisputable fact.

Even an absolute moron would know it is all the real, valid proof on record.

Not being a moron, yet still trying to argue for evolution, is for deception, and lies, for their hidden agendas.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Every single species, which has ever become extinct, over recorded history, was the last of its species, and NEVER 'evolved' into another species.

The dodo bird became extinct, and that ended the species, forever. It never 'evolved' into another species, before it became extinct. Same as the dodo bird, and every other species that died off. They were the last of each species, on Earth, and were forever gone from living on the Earth. None 'branched off' into another species, before they became extinct.

That's literally what I just explained. The major flaw in your argument is that not all species go extinct. From the first life on earth to modern humans, our genetic line has not gone extinct in all that time. Yes, some organisms do branch off and follow different evolutionary paths, then natural selection events happen and only the ones with certain changes already there survive it and continue. This is the most basic concept in evolution theory. The changes happen and branch off long before extinction level events. Extinct animals don't evolve into new species, the SURVIVORS DO while the old variations end up dying out.

Then present this proof. LOL!

edit on 2 2 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Evidence is in our recorded history, of all living, and extinct, species, over thousands of years. That is what we know, what we have seen, what is proven, and THAT is what we can conclude to be absolute, indisputable fact.

Not being a moron, yet still trying to argue for evolution, is for deception, and lies, for their hidden agendas.

Where is this evidence??? We'll wait patiently while you gather up the citations.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   

That's literally what I just explained. The major flaw in your argument is that not all species go extinct. From the first life on earth to modern humans, our genetic line has not gone extinct in all that time.

Yes, some organisms do branch off and follow different evolutionary paths, then natural selection events happen and only the ones with certain changes already there survive it and continue. This is the most basic concept in evolution theory. The changes happen and branch off long before extinction level events. Extinct animals don't evolve into new species, the SURVIVORS DO while the old variations end up dying out.

Then present this proof. LOL!

The many millions of species on Earth today are proof.

Show me one human on Earth today that is not human, in every way. Show me any species that is not the same species as before. I've never seen one, so prove it is true, if you can..

Are you human? Are your parents human? Were any of your ancestors not human?

All my ancestors were human, like myself. Every human I have ever know in my entire life has human ancestors, as well.

There are billions of humans who live on Earth today. Every one of the billions of humans have human ancestors, each and every generation before them.

Are you seriously trying to ask me to show proof of no species 'evolving' into another species, when you don't have the slightest proof of YOUR claim?

My proof is billions of humans are on Earth, and all have human ancestors, too.

Do you want more proof, or would over 20 billion humans be sufficient?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423
Where is this evidence??? We'll wait patiently while you gather up the citations.

Do you require any specific 'citations' to prove you are human?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

Do you require any specific 'citations' to prove you are human?

Bottom line: you have no evidence to substantiate your claim. Evolution is a science, not an opinion.
Once again, this is what you said:

Where's that "record"???

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Show me one human on Earth today that is not human, in every way. Show me any species that is not the same species as before. I've never seen one, so prove it is true, if you can..

Doesn't make sense. Humans are an entire genus (homo). Did you mean homo sapien? Are you expecting a sudden species change in a single generation? Sorry bud, but that's not how it works. Are you an identical clone of your father? No? Well that's normal. A tiny change. After a million such changes, you could be much more different than your ancestor a million generations ago. Not hard to grasp.

Are you seriously trying to ask me to show proof of no species 'evolving' into another species, when you don't have the slightest proof of YOUR claim?

It's been shown many times, but you ignore the evidence.

en.wikipedia.org...

evolution.berkeley.edu...

humanorigins.si.edu...

www.talkorigins.org...

blogs.scientificamerican.com...

It's totally never happened, bra.

My proof is billions of humans are on Earth, and all have human ancestors, too.

Folks, I present to you my proof that religious fundamentalism should qualify as mental illness.

edit on 2 3 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

No answer is an answer. You confirmed what we all knew - you have no evidence, only an opinion. An opinion based on an opinion.

As I always said, people like you disappear into the aether. But just like Cooperton, you'll show up again with more "opinions" and more garbage. Just remember we'll be here to respond.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join