It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian govt to COMPEL big brother to assist with encrypted information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
The Australian government has released a draft Bill called The Assistance and Access Bill 2018 which is intended to compel wifi and other device manufacturers and service providers to assist with accessing encrypted information.

It seems to me the Australian govt lives in fear of its people because they fear they might rise up against the tyranny they have or are planning to unleash on the Australian People.

It seems to me they are compelling the assistance of big brother to prevent the Australian people from speaking out against the govt or rising up against it. It seems to me they certainly seem to be very afraid of their own people to resort to these measures.

I wonder what big brother demanded in return? Life time total immunity against privacy invasion laws? But who knows; perhaps its only a ruse to make it appear they they are compelling big brothers assistance in order to give themselves an excuse to give the private sector total immunity against privacy law transgression, anyway?

How downright galling and insulting is it to claim they are doing it find pedos. Nobody in officialdom wants to talk to Fiona Barnett. She has named several well known men who have raped her and no one in officialdom wants to know abut it despite a recent Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse at which she gave evidence.

Checkout her site pedophilesdownunder.com...

or fionabarnett.org... and watch her video "Candy Girl."

“Encryption and other forms of electronic protection are vital security measures that protect private, commercial and Government data and make the communications and devices of all people more secure. However, these security measures are also being employed by terrorists, child sex offenders and criminal organisations to mask illegal conduct. The exploitation of modern communications technology for illicit ends is a significant obstacle to the lawful access of communications by Australia’s law enforcement and national security agencies.”

Link

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Mate, I don't even recognize my own country anymore...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Time for our Australian friends to use VPNs exclusively. (Even though I suspect all I'd not most encryption schemes broke)
edit on 6-9-2018 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Mate, the point of it is that they want to be able to access your VPNs.

Those of us in Australia have been given a very lax perspective of the world, via our crappy internet.

If we all setup our own, or purchace VPNS, well, the govments made it's case.

Lets watch what our Citizens watch.

Why else do we pay Taxes but to know what our neighbours do ?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Encryption will always be better then any attempts to defeat it, if the encryption method stays up with the times. Trap door encryption, which uses large prime numbers (PIC 9(18) or larger) would take years to un-encrypt with the best computers today. Just change numbers every few days or once a week. It is what the US military does.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Australia has become a good example for what america should not do.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Meh, I assume the UK government can listen to me all the time if they want to digitally. Who the # talks about stuff the state might want to hear? Lol
I talk about stuff which I want secret all the time, face to face, and I don't have a smart phone.
The state can go kiss my arse about my digital information, I share nothing online which I wouldn't want public. My real first and family name is the only one on Google, one listing, me, a census record when I stupidly didn't tick the 'non public record' box or whatever it's called, decades ago.

I don't care what the state tracks about me online, it has my picture, fingerprints, and DNA already. But if I want to talk about stuff I don't want to hear then it is always face. Sure they can track me face to face, but if they want me that bad then just knock on my door lol.
I do nothing digitally I wouldn't care if it was made public so I don't care if the state knows.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The government may be able to strong-arm commercial entities into adding backdoors to their products.

However, open source products can be used in their place. And those products are mostly immune to government interference.

It's a losing battle for the government. And politicians just don't understand enough of the fundamentals to write any applicable legislation.

-dex

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
Mate, I don't even recognize my own country anymore...

I know what you means but that's cos we've been visited by those who want to own the world and all its got.

They have their servants in the federal and state governments., the media, the judiciary and the bureaucracy.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

Encryption will always be better then any attempts to defeat it, if the encryption method stays up with the times. Trap door encryption, which uses large prime numbers (PIC 9(18) or larger) would take years to un-encrypt with the best computers today. Just change numbers every few days or once a week. It is what the US military does.

I've wondered about that. thanks for the info.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Time for our Australian friends to use VPNs exclusively. (Even though I suspect all I'd not most encryption schemes broke)

From what i gather they are of little use the big scheme of things. Couple of years ASIO asutralias domestic and foregin spying organisation asked the govt to make it legal for them to burgle anyones computer if they suspect there may be terro stuff in it.

How would they know what is in someones computer unless they burgle eveybodys compter to see what they've got and verify they have no terro stuff on it.

How can they certain you or I dont have any terro material on our computers unless they burgle our computers quite regualrly to check and make sure.

How could they get into our computers if VPNs worked?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The Gov fears the people hmm

new topics

top topics

join