It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convince me of your faith

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
It doesn't work that way. You must seek it and desire it, not mock it and decry it.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If you're challenging us, you're already in position where you don't want to be moved.

Faith is a personal journey, and journey implies movement on your part. If aren't willing to take the first steps because you're already at an immovable position, then nothing any one of us could say will make much difference. And it doesn't matter what faith we speak to you from.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
I find a lot of hypocrisy and enslavement with many religions. There are secret skeletons in the closet of many religious leaders. The current molestation by catholic priests and the cover-up at the highest level of the church should be an eye-opener to many. The enslavement by the Amish, and Islamist's who force their followers to dress in a ball and chain attire. The many religions who feel women are less worthy then men. The many evangelists who live in mansions, own expensive cars, private planes and live the life of luxury while their followers fill their pockets with hard-earned donations. Religious leaders have been caught engaging in sexual affairs and with prostitutes. Their hate filled and hypocritical beliefs for the gay community when "loving another human being" is considered evil. Many of these sexual orientations were born with these same sex attractions through no fault of their own.

What reason do we need to have religion in our life just to have a loving and spiritual relationship with our creator? Except for having man-made religion control our lives and stiffen our God given gift of "free will." God has given us free will to question all aspects of life by listening to our inner-soul. Leading a life by treating our fellow human beings with respect, consideration, love, and helping those less fortunate is embedded in our soul. We don't need "false prophets" to control our lives while they secretly engage in perverted desires, enslave us, and reap wealth from their blind followers.

You make good points. Religion today (and in ancient times; in fact even Jesus told a group in his day that they followed their own made up traditions and not God's) is and has been perverted beyond recognition of its original intent and purpose. And too many leaders are corrupt and far far away from the concepts they are supposed to be upholding. It's pretty bad.

I think it's the state of our heart that God looks at.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

...And the horse you rode in on.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

Start with if there really is evil and goodness. Or is it just survival of the fittest. And don’t give me that social contract BS. Lots of murders and tyrants like Hitler profited from ignoring civil society.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsinthefog
Regardless of your religion. Try to Convince me, or why you believe your god/religion is the right one. Make 5 points in bullet form.

Oxy-moronic statement. "...why you believe....etc"....I don't need to believe...BECAUSE of my faith.

I believe you may not have faith...because you haven't said so. Perhaps youre questioning yours or trying to get it...

Whatever faith, belief system, religion...defines itself

*sorry, no bullets...statements of faith only require...a statement...of FAITH
edit on 6-9-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

tell me about it. duh!

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsinthefog
Regardless of your religion. Try to Convince me, or why you believe your god/religion is the right one. Make 5 points in bullet form.

I have faith in
-My dog
-My best friends
- Kindness
- Benevolence
- And that human race needs to be wiped out a few more times, before we can FINALLY understand that greed, power, religion and bad people need to be eradicated.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

1 God, the creator of the universe's actually loves and cares for you. That is why you exist.

Over l 40000 children and young people die from illness just in America each year. Imagine that across the world.
How many of those terrified children that are praying to God for the pain to stop, to pray that they will get better and go home with mummy and daddy, to just die. All day every day, not to mention natural disasters, rape, torture and murder that happens to them all day every day. EVERY DAY.

How is that caring?
edit on 6-9-2018 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2018 by FinallyAwake because: My thumb got angry

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

- And that human race needs to be wiped out a few more times, before we can FINALLY understand that greed, power, religion and bad people need to be eradicated.

LOL! As long as humans exist, there are going to be bad people.

If the Bible taught us anything, it's that it only takes two people (Adam & Eve) to get the ball of "bad" rolling. Even after flooding the earth, Noah's family of 8 people hadn't stepped foot onto dry land for long before an evil deed was committed and the whole cycle started over again.

This is why we need God in the first place. Only God can eliminate evil entirely, and He will someday.

edit on 6-9-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I have my own faith..

· Technology hurts earth, no technology cant.

· The universe is math & science

· We are always finding superhumans

· There are more chemicals than we can concur

· The future is predictable

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
i believe understanding and learning kindness is very difficult and should be redone everyday. Eventually, only kindness matters.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

LOL! As long as humans exist, there are going to be bad people.

If the Bible taught us anything, it's that it only takes two people (Adam & Eve) to get the ball of "bad" rolling. Even after flooding the earth, Noah's family of 8 people hadn't stepped foot onto dry land for long before an evil deed was committed and the whole cycle started over again.

This is why we need God in the first place. Only God can eliminate evil entirely, and He will someday.

And that's the only thing you could provide as a rebuttal to my post? That bad people will always exist?
Yes we know that, that was not my point.

And God isn't doing a very good job of getting rid of evil atm is he? the world is a complete 5hitshow 😐

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
i believe understanding and learning kindness is very difficult and should be redone everyday. Eventually, only kindness matters.

This, I 100% agree with 👍🏻

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

What was your point? That all bad people need to be eradicated? Only God can do that too. The Bible tells us that he will bring all evil to an end.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

And God isn't doing a very good job of getting rid of evil atm is he? the world is a complete 5hitshow 😐

Unfortunately, to eradicate all evil, you have to eradicate everything that's been corrupted, including the earth itself. It will all come to an end. A new heaven/earth awaits us.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

What was your point? That all bad people need to be eradicated? Only God can do that too. The Bible tells us that he will bring all evil to an end.

My point was we need to understand that war, greed and power will always be the death of us and its not right. I understand why you speak of the Bible and the bad apple, that's fine. I think the problem would still exist without religion.

And yeah it's great that he's supposed to bring an end to all evil, but it's a little late isn't it??

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Unfortunately, to eradicate all evil, you have to eradicate everything that's been corrupted, including the earth itself. It will all come to an end. A new heaven/earth awaits us.

Yes agreed, I mentioned earlier we need to be wiped out as a race a few more times (reset if you like) so we can finally learn where we went wrong, and avoid it happening again.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Another thing the Bible teaches us is that we're not good at learning from our mistakes. We have a tendency to repeat them over and over again, just like the Jews. Rinse and repeat isn't good enough. The next time it will all go up in flames.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

We need to first be cool to each other haha. I think technology leads us to many possibilities leading to space. Earth has been through evilution, it will be forevor as we know it. Maybe noahs arc was because the earth is slowly losing gravity aka rotation & velocity. So volcanoes are bound to be the next water to float to the surface; esp. after our holy war for space 'heavens'. It will melt technology & all momentarily unessescary atoms back to earths mainstream of flow. This is of course still way in the future. We will always have bad people as long as technology is existant or other extraterrestial angels that can communicate & influence with their science can. We will be alright, there are peeps who have this all under control. Do you think we know or ever thought of how to dissemble these womd back to their originill forms or any other chemical conjucture we created?, that is recycling at its best right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join