It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convince me of your faith

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Regardless of your religion. Try to Convince me, or why you believe your god/religion is the right one. Make 5 points in bullet form.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
1 You
2 Must
3 Want
4 To be
5 Convinced

(Each of those points could be expanded in more detail.)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Convince me you can cook a tasty meal

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

1. There is written proof, historical proof of Jesus having lived. There is evidence of events that occurred in the Bible by artifacts found, name places, look at Golgatha online. You can see the skull formation which Golgotha means. Then look at other places. It's like a puzzle line that starts to form and you can see there is too much to deny.

2. Prophecy is happening as foretold right now. If you were to look at all the prophecies written in the Bible that have already occurred, are occurring and appear to be about to happen there are too many coincidences to ignore. Earthquakes, fires, weather changes, strange mass animal deaths, increased paranormal events, hardened hearts and angry selfish people becoming more so day by day, evil is becoming worse - the amount of pedophiles, crime, false religions, Damascus. If you have not decided by the time Damascus is destroyed utterly in every possible way, and then a great event occurs which is beyond belief which has everyone terrified and then one man manages to calm everyone down and then becomes the most important/powerful/seemingly miraculous man: do not delay, choose Jesus. Many of us believe the Rapture will occur and we believers will no longer be here to guide you. Get your hands on a Bible and put your utmost faith in God.

3. God loves you. He created YOU to be a companion, to share in all he has created, to be loved and to love. Watch the Shack. There are some things many Christians don't agree about it, but I think it will answer a lot of your questions about who God is.

4. That lost feeling, that constant searching in your heart, that gut feeling - He is calling you to accept His love. He created humans above angels and that is one reason why the devil is so angry at God and is trying to torment and destroy us. He is jealous of God making us HIs sons and daughters.

5. What do you have to lose? You don't have to be a famous person or high achiever. You simply be yourself, as is, and accept Jesus as your Savior and repent (meaning to change your ways, but not become perfect) and you will have eternal life as a perfect person (the same you are now, just in perfect form mentally/physically/spiritually) and you will be happy, joyous, healthy, in the presence of absolute love and acceptance and see such wonders that we cannot even imagine them (God stated this). There is no perfect Christian religion, all are just doing the best they can and trying to learn more. It's a personal relationship and not a slave/owner existence. Once you accept Jesus the Holy Spirit comes to live in you and you start to feel the love that has been missing your entire life and you start to understand things with the Holy Spirit's guidance. It does not mean you are possessed or have strange thoughts - it just means you are spiritually connected to God and you are never alone and always have help/guidance/protection.
edit on 6/9/18 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
- All around and about was silence.Emptiness.Nothingness.
- Balance was present.Equilibrium was present. The surface of the pool of Everything was as a mirror.
- Balance and perfection must be rooted concepts with reference markers and these are reflected as steps of growth or evolution.
-The silence spoke with intention,to grow,to evolve,is to experience which is to learn.
-Mother Nature put her finger into the fire to FEEL.She made a sound...she made a collision happen.Her voice spoke and life began where it was heard.Existence is sound.Sound is motion.We are a life in motion we are a sound in the void.We are the benchmark of perfection.
edit on 6-9-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

5 points don't mean anything. Anything believed is only what we make it so 5 points or 1000 points are irrrelevant and relative. True faith has no religion nor can it be described in words. When one gets to the point of seeing and experiencing faith it goes beyond the matrix of this Universe and all its perceptions.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

1 God, the creator of the universe's actually loves and cares for you. That is why you exist.

2 To show the extent of God's love, He became a human, like you, and gave Himself up to death by torture, so you'd take notice of the lengths He'd go to for you.

3 Everything else is secondary so, I'll stop there.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The mathematical certainty.

1 - Accept that either our Universe is infinite and/or time is infinite.
2 - Your consciousness is just a specific arrangement of atoms and interactions. (The physical content of your brain.)
3 - Over an infinite time scale, this arrangement of atoms and relative interactions WILL eventually generate again, completely from random.
4 - When you die, you wont even feel the time gap, you won't even feel like you were dead, because the next memory you have, will be waking back up, when your brain atom arrangement regenerates.

Tada, your afterlife is assured, heaven? Hell? Who knows... It won't matter over an infinite time scale, all possibilities will eventually occur, including your brains' atoms spontaneously generating again.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The blank space between here

And here is my deity. I can prove that it exists because you can see it. I can worship my deity and know that it is actually there because I can see it too. You should be convinced that my religion is more valid than most other organized religions because my deity is actually visible.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsinthefog
Regardless of your religion. Try to Convince me, or why you believe your god/religion is the right one. Make 5 points in bullet form.

It’s up to the living God to convince you. He does the calling, and when you’re ready ,you’ll answer His call. He’ll do the convincing, as you feel and understand His love and grace.

Ask The Holy Trinity to convince you.. and mean it with a humble, yet sincere heart.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsinthefog

*cracks knuckles*

Here's 5 bullet points on my views:

1) Faith itself. I've heard forever that if you have faith, you can move mountains. BULL. I have had faith that could knock the planet out of its orbit, and all I have gotten for my troubles... is more troubles.

2) Other believers. What I have experienced and read of any deity's other believers- is that they couldn't get their heads out of their collective asses if they had a manual and a crowbar. They like to fleece, lie, steal, and hurt others, and do it all in the name of their deity- feel absolutely justified in doing so, and cannot perform any of the miracles laid out in their holy book

3) Pick- A - Deity. Everyone has been convinced their sky daddy is THE sky daddy. Funny how there isn't any competition between said sky daddies to show humanity who is actually right

4) Do as I say. Funny how believers' leaders tell us exactly what to do, when to do it, HOW to do it- and then do whatever they like, without true repercussions, either by the followers, or the deity of the moment.

5) Good ol' wealth. Also funny to the point of hysteria is the believers' leaders who take, and take, and take, live far better than most of their followers, pretty much pizz on them from their ivory towers, and claim their reward will be 'when they die'. How come the leaders get to have it all NOW? How come they can't wait till THEY die? The mind boggles. I thought all of that wealth was to HELP THE POOR, not rub it in their faces.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

1 God, the creator of the universe's actually loves and cares for you. That is why you exist.

BWAHAHAHAHA

Oh, the things I have been through that'd convince you otherwise... If this is love and care- someone please hate my guts!

I swear that I exist just to provide cosmic entertainment at my expense.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: chr0naut

BWAHAHAHAHA

Oh, the things I have been through that'd convince you otherwise... If this is love and care- someone please hate my guts!

I swear that I exist just to provide cosmic entertainment at my expense.

And yet, as far as I know you have always refused to explain what happened to you. As far as we know, you could be a liar or you asked a church for drug money and they refused you. I guess we'll never know.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I find a lot of hypocrisy and enslavement with many religions. There are secret skeletons in the closet of many religious leaders. The current molestation by catholic priests and the cover-up at the highest level of the church should be an eye-opener to many. The enslavement by the Amish, and Islamist's who force their followers to dress in a ball and chain attire. The many religions who feel women are less worthy then men. The many evangelists who live in mansions, own expensive cars, private planes and live the life of luxury while their followers fill their pockets with hard-earned donations. Religious leaders have been caught engaging in sexual affairs and with prostitutes. Their hate filled and hypocritical beliefs for the gay community when "loving another human being" is considered evil. Many of these sexual orientations were born with these same sex attractions through no fault of their own.

What reason do we need to have religion in our life just to have a loving and spiritual relationship with our creator? Except for having man-made religion control our lives and stiffen our God given gift of "free will." God has given us free will to question all aspects of life by listening to our inner-soul. Leading a life by treating our fellow human beings with respect, consideration, love, and helping those less fortunate is embedded in our soul. We don't need "false prophets" to control our lives while they secretly engage in perverted desires, enslave us, and reap wealth from their blind followers.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Does your God have a name?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

I HAVE explained what has happened to me- YOU DON'T LISTEN.

I have explained about the ex- the f*ckery of being around the church crowd- the ludicrous, ridiculous crap that I have seen and experienced and put up with- which those of you attribute to schizophrenia. BTW- the MRI showed no sign of it. I DO NOT DO drugs, past what ever crap I get prescribed by a doctor- as opioids are just about poison.

And then- AND THEN- I get to have bullsh*t like this. Take your assumptions, and go (censored for content).

I am done with whatever or whoever you bunch are. I didn't come on this site to have my very own Greek Chorus of complete jackasses.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
1) Well, I don't see any frost giants, do you?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Well, for people to go as far as to think you have schizophrenia, something obviously happened that the church probably didn't feel like they could help you with either. Enough said.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join