It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the NYT op-ed Sedition and Treason

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: JBurns

Well posted

Thanks ShooterBrody Appreciate it

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
if that were true half of republicans would be in jail for all the crap they talked about obama! born in kenya, closet muslim/gay, communist, should i go on? i'm not an obama fan but i don't remember obama going on a twitter rant everytime someone hurt his feelings either.

Some of the stuff said about Obama was disrespectful and unfair and some of it was outright disgusting. Some was very legitimate criticism of his Presidency. Never did officials within his administration (an unelected cabal no less) conspire to delegitimize his Presidency while simultaneously illegally assuming functions of the Presidency in violation of the appointment clause

Update: Unbelievably, many voices in left leaning MSM and even a good portion on sites like Democratic Underground are denouncing this unelected cabal and their illegitimate agenda. Patriots in all walks of life and all dispositions apparently. The universal condemnation is exactly what we need to ensure our votes are not further devalued by willful subversion of our Constitutional and political processes

Again, credit to the liberal MSM and those at DU (and other sites) who are standing up and speaking out against this. Rightfully so, it is a professed conservative agenda they are working to implement. I don't have a problem with the agenda, I do have a problem with the way they are going about it. We don't need to cheat to win (or anyone to cheat for us) and if we do win it will be fair and square, by convincing the American people of the same agenda that carried us in 2016 (and in 2012 with congress/governors mansions)
edit on 9/6/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Should we be concerned for the life of the POTUS with this individual skulking around pretending to be someone he/she is not?

Re-read this part: "So we will do what we can to steer the administration in the right direction until — one way or another — it’s over."

One way or another?

If someone really did write this op-ed, she/he may be mentally ill. I tend to think this is more NYT anti-Trump bs just before the midterm elections, but just in case it really is a bad actor, she/he needs to be found.

edit on 6-9-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip
It’s deep-state dinner theatre. The author is a) a coward for not showing his face, for using subversion and not the constitution to settle these matters, and b) a fool who ousted himself in the biggest way possible. In other words, some foolish coward believes he is the adult in the room, when his little, self-important opinion piece suggests the opposite.

He is definitely playing with treason, he is definitely engaging in propaganda, and just admitted to subverting the same institutions of democracy he tried to blame Trump for destroying. It’s embarrassing.
There have been plenty of subversives in the government lately, and quite a few leftovers from the last admin. They have been subverting Trump since his inauguration.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Speaking out against the President is sedition? That's silliness. See my sig.

I'm with you on most stuff, but this anonymous guy specifically talks about withholding policy from the president because he's unhinged. The items he specifically mentions? Free trade and protectionism! That's about the only thing I agree with Trump on, it's what his supporters wanted, and he has that in common with Bernie Sanders. This piece reads like the Republican establishment (and establishment Democrats are the same on this), literally being seditious for big business. It's insane, this guy is playing for sympathy of THE ESTABLISHMENT! he's got nothing to do with the resistance
edit on 7-9-2018 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Lol, try again. You guys support the wrong horse. He's a crook, and I'm sure Mueller knows all. He is the POTUS so he may not be ousted but he's certainly guilty.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: scauma

You're sure? What makes you "sure"

There's been no evidence released indicating your guess is correct. There's ample evidence suggesting it is incorrect.

For instance the fact Trump's already been cleared TWICE by FBI special agents investigating the alleged Russian "meddling"

Or the criticism Mueller's team filed against liberal MSM for their publishing of false information/accusations relating to his investigation.

Or his clarification that Trump is NOT a criminal target

Or his indictments which specifically state "NO US CITIZENS ARE ACCUSED OF BREAKING ANY US LAW"

Or the fact that not one single person "flipped" on Trump despite predictions from the likes of you all

Or the mountain of evidence showing the corrupt and politically motivated way the Mueller investigation was started to begin with.

....far more evidence suggests you're wrong. In fact, absolutely nothing suggests your guess/opinion/belief is true.

But it is disturbing you are willing to formulate such a specific and detailed belief system on nothing but hatred for Trump. Sounds even crazier than the religious people you all make fun of so often (sorry, just Christians...no other religion is routinely sh## on by the left)

Feel free to offer a shred of physical evidence to support your guess, though. Take away all doubt, and share your evidence since you matter-of-factly claim to be "sure" Mueller has something.

Sounds like the typical shallow/bitter BS random posters like to spread, personally.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: F4guy

Treason, sedition and insurrection are not laughing matters.

also, it seems the NYT could possibly be compelled to reveal the source under penalty of 18 U.S. Code § 2382 - Misprision of treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States and having knowledge of the commission of any treason against them, conceals and does not, as soon as may be, disclose and make known the same to the President or to some judge of the United States, or to the governor or to some judge or justice of a particular State, is guilty of misprision of treason and shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than seven years, or both.

It is clear several other laws also may apply, outside of Constitutionally defined treason.

18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

Like I said "may apply"

Either way, I support all lawful remedies to this person's confessed conduct. Observe due process, afford the accused all rights, and generally prosecute it like any other crime. Follow the law. If they are charged and subsequently convicted then they deserve the punishment proscribed by the law.

You really need to look at the current definitions of those crimes Treason requires a declared war with a declared enemy. Sedition requires advocating the overthrow of the government by force. Likewise, 2383 insurrection requires force or violence. Hurting the screaming orange feces slinging gibbon's fee-fees is neither force nor violence.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Is this "person" or "group of people" vowed to anything but serving the President of the United States and the Constitution and anything they did undermined the President's foreign policy to any advantage of America's adversary (ie: Iran for example), then it's can easily be sedition.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yes the op-ed is treasonous and was probably written by a deep stater most likely from what I read a CIA insider.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The responses in these threads are comedy gold.

Treasonous? Hilarious. Written by the "deep state?" lol!

I think the best definition would be... truthful.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
The responses in these threads are comedy gold.

Treasonous? Hilarious. Written by the "deep state?" lol!

I think the best definition would be... truthful.

Ten years ago it would have been comedy gold...now, ten years later we're left with "Wait, they were serious about that?".

Crackerjack Box law degrees for everyone.

There's hope though, out there away from ATS, the real world is taking care of business while the echo chambers here are resounding with the sound of shooting stars.

ETA: Oh, I forgot to answer the question to the OP...no, its neither sedition nor treason by any stretch of the imagination.
edit on 8-9-2018 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join