It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wasn't sure where this one went so I figured I'd roll the dice with aliens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Well, god bless ebays weird stuff section:

cgi.ebay.com...

So possibilities could be:

1)Piece of an old asteroid or maybe something a long time ago like a meteor colided with a rich vein of something and melted this thing together, how it would get in a sphere I'm not sure but probably there's a reasonable explanation for that.

2) old alien implant? 20cm seems kinda big, so not sure about this one.

3) old piece of jewelery dropped by a tourist in the outback

4) something really cool and unexeplainable

any other guesses.

Spiderj

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
No way its one of them metal balls!!! I would so spend that much dough ont that thing to try and unlock the secret behind it. Id probably try to eat it and see what happened.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
What in there world is that thing & why so high of price?

Man, I got this strange feeling it could be some old globe maybe something from a old ship but maybe a prehistoric bowling ball?

If it was from space the Feds would've tooken it away for free.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by 2ndSEED]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
"Dont think i got the minerals? Lets see whos got the minerals shall we..."....

$ 25,000 dollars for a chinese stress ball? Are you really going to take the word of a little graph, and a dubious claim of outer space origin? and splash $ 25,000 out?

First and foremost, i'd do a bit of reading up about just how pure, and varied, minerals can be made on earth first, then, i'd look for companies who could manufacture such a thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hmmm I wonder if they would drop the shipping price if I bought it....

It does indeed look like one of those billion year old spheres found in sourth afrika, but it lacks the band / strip around the equator.

I think you would be nuts to buy it though...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
If I had a million $$$$ Id buy it just to have it reanlized.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

First and foremost, i'd do a bit of reading up about just how pure, and varied, minerals can be made on earth first, then, i'd look for companies who could manufacture such a thing.

Yes, that's probably what I'd do to if I had the cash to buy the thing.

20cm, what is that like seven inches or something? what would that weigh and what would the gold price be worth?

I like the globe theory thing and if it is; who would have a gold globe and what were they doing in australia.

Not saying i think it's a globe I have no idea what it is, but I like the fanciful theory.

Not very well read on the africa balls, how densley packed and varied is the mineral content of those. I do know they vary in size and are perfectly spherical.

How often are people finding these things and why is this guy selling it on ebay?

I wonder if they work in conjunction with the crystal skulls. How's that for a far fetched theory!

SPiderj

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I found a wierd ball deep in the ground!
10 years ago while gardening in Green River Utah, I was digging up ALOT of odd things. Solid silver old coins, a wierd handcrafted knife, and then I found this weird metal ball!
Seams to me like a chinses stress ball, it 'tinkles' when you shake it. It is not solid but hollow. It was SO DEEP in the ground though, and with coins dating in the 20's...I have not been ALL that sure. I never did anykind of chemical analysis on it however.....I am pretty sure it IS what it seams to be.
Gads it is right here by this computor now! If this person gets a load of cash for the ball they are selling Ebay here I come!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

from the reports of geologist and geo scientist it is the only metal object that they know of in the world with that many mineral incased, leading us to beleive it is from another planet,

Hmm how does this lead to believe its from another planet? The seller has only recently become a member on eBAY. IMO it's a scam.
I would be interested to see if this thing gets any bids at all.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hey Rivergoddess,

Can you describe the knife you found? And how far down was the ball, coins and knife?

Did you find anything else?

What color is your ball? It very well may be a chinese stress ball but just curious. If there;'s a bell inside maybe it;s an old cat toy or something?

SPiderj

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It's a brass plumbing fitting. And the story is bogus.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Zero bids so far...big suprise

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
id bid about 10quid for it, its very interesting but only because the seller is 'sexing up' what it is, you could sell any old junk on ebay if you add abit of mystery to it, behold!.... the tin can of mystery!!! its label fell off many moons ago! what is inside??.... maybe man was never meant to know!! .................... £5000 yay!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
It's a brass plumbing fitting. And the story is bogus.

I'm not a plumber, Byrd, but I've never seen a round fitting.

If the 20 cm radius on the object is credible, then that's a wallop of a fitting!

If it's solid, then that thing should weigh a pretty good bit!

Any metallurgists out there that can figure the weight of this object if it were solid?

All of my books to figure the volume and the weights of different materials is at work.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Reminds me a bit of the Air Guitar on eBAY with instant shipping.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
looks like an old bullet to me,
and who would pay 25,000 for a ball?
one expensive paperwieght......

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
That'd be a pretty big bullet. The old ball and powder type, and why would it have gold.

Again, not saying it's alien or that the guy is legit, but it's a seven inch round ball with gold in it just seems interesting.

SPiderj

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
it was probably formed on earth because , it would have an irregular shape to it if it entered the earth from space

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
Hey Rivergoddess,

Can you describe the knife you found? And how far down was the ball, coins and knife?

Did you find anything else?

What color is your ball? It very well may be a chinese stress ball but just curious. If there;'s a bell inside maybe it;s an old cat toy or something?

SPiderj

I am loading a pic of the knife and the ball. Due to my lazy nature of attemping descriptions. They were both found at about 2 feet underground, along with the coins. Other things were found yes, from the time of the previous owners rock hounding days. There were dinosaur bones and crystals, and alot of chert and flint.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Interesting pics, the blade of the knife looks like a modern sort of "fantasy" style blade with a large and to be honest awkard looking handle.

Looking at the rust compared to the shiny bits of the blade I'd ball park it as being underground for maybe twenty or thirty years. That is just a guess because I'm sure there are many different factors including weather and the type of soil that go into eroding or aging a blade.

Looks like a homemade dagger for ritual magick to me. The person most likely bought the blade or took it off another knife and attached it to the homemade handle.

As for the ball it's hard to tell what it is. Is it heavy?

Knife, little ball witha bell inside perhaps a ritual magic bell, old coins perhaps some form of ritual magick.

How long have you lived at the house?

Thanks a lot for bringing this up Goddess I love a good mystery.

Spiderj

top topics

<<   2 >>

join