It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NYT should NOT release the name of the anonymous OP-ED writer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It's amusing cause all other op ed or unnamed source type articles are dismissed as fake news.

Why is this one different?

Their panties are in a major bunch over this one

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

It's not more than an opinion piece just cause you keep saying it.
I think an opinion piece is exactly what it is

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: DBCowboy

I would argue that this is way more than "an ugly opinion piece about the president"--this is someone who claims to be a part of the upper levels of the administration admitting that they are a part of a larger group of people who are in direct opposition to the President of the United States.

You can't say you're surprised that there would still be hold-overs from the previous administration.

This is not just an op-ed piece, this is a not-so-subtle declaration that there is absolutely a deep state who has been working against the president. This person is not a whistleblower at all.

I'd say it's an opinion piece FROM a deep state operative.

As for releasing the name--it's funny that the NYTimes don't want to release it 'because they'll lose their job.' That is basically the NYTimes protecting the deep state, most likely in hopes that they get more pieces like this in the future (and probably hoping that this group of people leads to the downfall of the Trump presidency).

The NYT like most media outlets is just another branch of partisan government. They lost even the pretense of objectivity a while back.

This person has earned the honor of being outed and then outed from their job--there is no room for a group of people in the administration actively working against the president, especially over things that you deem to be rather petty.

What I fear is a purge and the only people remaining are loyalists.

Freedom is messy. It is not neat and tidy and everyone follows in lockstep.

That's more suited to leftists and authoritarians (redundant) who obey the party line.

Freedom, open society, should be messy. There should be disagreement within the ranks from time-to-time.

In my opinion.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

It's not more than an opinion piece just cause you keep saying it.
I think an opinion piece is exactly what it is
Ditto, we can play this game all day brother.

It's not an opinion piece just cause you keep saying it.

I think this is more then an opinion piece, exactly what it is 😋

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

It's amusing cause all other op ed or unnamed source type articles are dismissed as fake news.

The NYT vouches for the veracity of the writer, that they know him, and the man admitted that he and the resistance are running the country as an unelected cabal of nevertrumpers.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

and the man admitted that he and the resistance are running the country as an unelected cabal of nevertrumpers.

I had not seen that. Do you have a quote to prove that?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Honestly, this is a bigger deal then you're willingly to admit and if there IS a national security investigation, then yes, its more then just an opinion piece.

I don't think it's a big deal.

First off, I'd be willing to guess with a good deal of confidence this person consulted a lawyer before bringing this to the NYT.

Second, the NYT has a team of lawyers they run this sort of thing through before printing.

They can do an investigation, which would probably mean uncovering the identity through tapping and breaching of devices... Then they fire this person and/or those involved.

We'll see, what's your VENMO? Want to place a friendly wager?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

The implications with this is that there are people in his ranks working against him, ironically only on certain issues. They explicitly said they believe in his agenda as a whole and are only trying to block certain things.

No idea why there are panties in a bunch to the extent they think this is the highest crime of our country which the maximum penalty is death.... Something I've seen a few members call for in some of these threads, for speech FFS.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

They explicitly said they believe in his agenda as a whole and are only trying to block certain things.

Maybe from doing the stupidest move any president has ever done. Some of this just might be CYA played for Trump.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

They explicitly said they believe in his agenda as a whole and are only trying to block certain things.

Maybe from doing the stupidest move any president has ever done. Some of this just might be CYA played for Trump.

One of the sanest theories I've heard today.

Anyone who actually reads the OP-ED without getting an emotional response will see that the person clearly lays out they still support the whole of his agenda and presidency. They very well may have saved face for him on a few things. God knows he is quick off the cuff.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The entirety of the article.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Additionally,

"Our Constitution does not actually spell out what the act of treason consists of, it simply defines what the government cannot do about it. It also adds in the line about needing two witnesses to the act, in order to prove it beyond a doubt."

Which is why I gave you the law Congress passed. Talking smack about Cheetolini doesn't count as treason.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Talking smack about Cheetolini doesn't count as treason.

Which is the reason Cheetolini wants a rewrite.

This is a modern day the emperor has no clothes.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Oh well, Nancy pants needs to suck it up and deal with it like a man.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The title and first sentence of the op-ed:

I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

I work for the president but like-minded colleagues and I have vowed to thwart parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

Original Op-Ed

Now, I may not be the smartest man alive, but one mustn't read between the lines to figure out that what I said is accurate.

That said, I know what the op-ed says--I did read it--and reading between the lines is a pretty good skill to have. The claims are basically that Trump is an idiot, and that the only reason that the good things that have happened came to fruition was in spite of him, not because of him.

Maybe that's true, maybe it's not, but this op-ed is penned by someone who thinks that they and their group are smarter than the president and who have a goal to get their agenda passed, not the POTUS'.

It may be cold comfort in this chaotic era, but Americans should know that there are adults in the room. We fully recognize what is happening. And we are trying to do what’s right even when Donald Trump won’t.

Everything cited in this op-ed is subjective disagreements with the president and only meant to portray his as childish and ignorant (which isn't always a stretch) on everything that he does as president.

This isn't a group of people just not thinking that their boss isn't right all of the time, it's a group of people trying to subvert their boss' leadership and agenda because they disagree with his style of governance. It's a group of people openly admitting that they are working to alter what happens in the White House because they think what is happening isn't right or good enough.

Again, I will repeat: This is the deep state, and they're not even hiding it anymore. They should be weeded out--this is the swamp. I knew that it was bad, but didn't think that these people would be so cowardly brazen as to pen this op-ed (anonymously)...and I'm wiling to bet that it was a group effort.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Oh well, Nancy pants needs to suck it up and deal with it like a man.

I suppose we can dream about that, even if it is not likely to happen.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

There are "disagreements" (which can be very healthy), and then there are anonymous declarations of a group trying to thwart our president's agenda and (continue to) push the narrative that he's an unfit idiot.

We can disagree, but this op-ed crosses a line, assuming the person's claim to employment is correct. The whole idea of saving Trump from himself is a silly hit piece, IMO.

Release the name of the scaredy-cat who wrote it and let us verify some of these claims. I see no problem with that--this person is not a whistleblower.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Again, if the person self identifies and they get fired, I have no protest.

They disagree with the president and they said it anonymously, no crime in that.

They also never said how they went against some of his agendas, even though they support the bulk of his agenda.

They might have done so with words. Big woop.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

And they might have done so with action, which is a big whoop.

I never said that this is illegal, I just said that the writer should be fired...and maybe interrogated, because I bet money that if claims are substantiated, this COULD be illegal activity on behalf of this "group" of people in the White House who apparently worship John McCain.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Have you noticed that no-one in MSM cares about the contents of the article (mainly because there's nothing new in it) but has instead focused on the 'who-dun-it' angle?

The net result being Trump possibly reassessing his staff due to this allegation to determine the validity of the claim. Its a successful way to sow discord and encourage suspicion within the ranks of your enemies.

IMO, this ties in with Qs latest post #2095 too.
It's absolute crap and I am just waiting on that nuclear switch of information if Trump decides so.

This is a man who you don't want to see PISSED.

The liberal media hasn't seen him pissed, fire and fury style.

Does he look like this?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join