It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NYT should NOT release the name of the anonymous OP-ED writer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Tucker Carlson said that he has figured out the west wing leaker and sent the info on to the WH.

"We think we've got a pretty good idea who wrote this piece," he continued. "We've called the White House for comment on it tonight, but until we can confirm the identity, of course, we're not going to accuse anyone in public. We'll keep you posted on that."

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
We already know there NOT going to release the name
Whoa hold up now, an National Security investigation has been green lit, now you're gonna have to face the music once this comes out.

The name will be released as a result of the investigations, or fear of enough that may prompt a person to come forward. Lets hope, liberal media cred, whatever is left, will be hanging...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I certainly don't advocate for Trump to arrest people in an attempt to force disclosure of the source. A tweet is just that, another tweet from Trump and I highly doubt he intends to round offenders up.

Agreed that if they wish to hide they deserve to remain anonymous, however, if they seriously believe that which they reported, then they need to step up, and openly share their concerns. Otherwise they simply a part of the problem which seems to status quo, otherwise you are considered a danger.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'd rather wait to see if he is all bark, or abuses his powers like our last president.

Its something I need to know about Trump, I'd like to see him cornered on this.

As far as the press goes, which is what I what I assume you're referring to, that ship has already sailed:

Justice Department seizes reporter's phone, email records in leak probe: report

That said, I appreciate your point. I don't think his latest wtf tweets are in of themselves grounds for impeachment or anything. We don't just impeach presidents for being terrible people or even terrible presidents. That's not how it works.

I think an interesting thing to ponder here is whether or not Trump is in the WH ranting and raving about how his administration should "do something" illiberal (perhaps unconstitutional) in response and the author of the op-ed or people like he describes are talking him back from the ledge/not doing what he'd like them to do.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I imagine that if the Evil Hell-Queen Hillary The Loathsome had been elected and someone from her administration wrote something negative about her, we'd ALL want him/her to remain anonymous just so she wouldn't have him/her killed!

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That situation was a little different since classified information was being shared. I agree it's a dangerous road, but other admins have jailed reporters for not revealing sources. And the reporter was a little out of it as far as not revealing her intimate relationship to her bosses.

But, agreed that I do not want this to blow up into something more but it can be very dangerous to Democracy, and dangerous to both political parties when someone admits to active derailment of policies.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
No matter how you wish it to be this is not just an opinion piece.
Potus in no way was "unable" to carry out the duties of his office.
Your unfit is not the actual"unable" as specified in the 25th amendment.
Without potus "unable" discussions of using the 25th are a conspiracy or collusion to commit a crime.

We should find out whom the conspirators were and they should be dealt with accordingly.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Hey cowboy, how’s your dad doing?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
Hey cowboy, how’s your dad doing?

Good. Hanging in there. Surgery is next week.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Glad to hear. I thought it had already happened though. Keep us posted

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Man DB I am kinda confused on how to feel about this. On one hand I don’t like Trump mostly because he is a man child (but so am I) and acts out. So one would think I would naturally want this person to stay anonymous. But on the other hand I don’t traitorous acts unless it is to save American lives and values.

To me this seems like a coup d’etat and most likely not in the interest of the American people. So my final verdict is. Catch this MOTHER FU#$@%!

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

I agree that the writer of this piece of s....source material should be kept secret, but at the same time I really don't think Woodward need anymore publicity then they are already getting for their book.

***END OF ON TOPIC DISCUSSION***

Why do I say those two are behind this? Woodward just released that book, and needed the added anti-Trump drive to push the point of the book a little more. This wouldn't be the first time that he has created a story to back up a needed book sale, or get creative license to "verify" a story.

I always get Woodward and Bernstein confused. I guess I just need to remember that Bernstein was the commie, that might help I guess. Well the Bolded Woodward replaced the Bernstein in my fixed quote. I did leave the OP of mine as is because I made the mistake, so I'll let it ride.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I will always opt for more freedoms, rather than less.

And if that means allowing some dirt-weasel to write lies, then so be it.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Can’t argue with that.

This just kinda reminds me of “The Enemy Within”.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

The author and his resistance are cowards, by my guess swayed more by the op-Ed’s in the NYT than any fact, and they should remain anonymous because they want to be. But let’s not kid ourselves and say this is whistleblowing or leaking. This is at best propaganda, and if true, the admission of a coup.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
DC you and I usually agree but not this time....give the name.

This person has admitted that "they" are working within the WH against the people that were voted in place.

AGAIN, someone who thinks they know what is best for us..Strzok, Page, Comey, McCabe….who else is there?
(How is this NOT admitting to breaking some law?)

edit on 9/5/2018 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Link to the Op-Ed? Or post the text here if paywalled.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Normally yes, but in this atmosphere of overt sabotage to this administration, I think it needs to come out.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Link to the Op-Ed? Or post the text here if paywalled.

www.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

If a saboteur is both sabotaging our govt and writing op-eds about it, they should be outed. Any special favors to these people past a closed-door Senate hearing is a bad precedent.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join