It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NYT should NOT release the name of the anonymous OP-ED writer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump ought to demand action. Get the FBI, CIA, NSA, DEA all on the case and drag this guy out

Id love to see that
lol, its liberal media, chances are, there isn't a SOURCE.

gotta say, the thought did cross my mind that this person doesnt exist, and the whole thing is a pile of sh*t.......

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: DBCowboy

It doesn't count unless it is a tweet on Twitter™...

What will happen when We find out that Trump was like Kim KonASSian-West and was getting paid for each tweet??

And as I was told in another thread, evidently Mr. Trump gets 288 characters 'to connect'.

Anyone want to share how they felt when TheApprentice™ was not re-newed?
Pretty sure liberal techies would have spammed that by now thru some anon leftist.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

If the recent CNN deal with Woodward is any indicator, you can bet.

Remember, buzz words.

They can claim THIS and THAT, but technicalities will save them, but logical minds clearly see the BS.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
When I have something to say , I say it to someone's face. I hide nothing .
Some folks have no morals at all
Hide behind the anonymous label
Weak , pitiful individuals
In my day that kind of behavior would have been "back-stabbing" and totally shamed and put down

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The treasonous rat in the Times story uses the word “lodestar” to describe John McCain.
Not a very commonly used word as far as I can see, but apparently Mike Pence uses it a lot.
It seems they are trying to implicate him as the writer of this op-ed.

Immediately, hordes of Twitter users began to connect the unusual word with Vice President Mike Pence, who has been known to use the word repeatedly throughout his vice presidency.
One Twitter user in particular pointed out that John Kelly and James Mattis, two other senior Trump officials under speculation for the article, have never once used the word “lodestar.”

heavy.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Rumor of a national security investigation being opened on this.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump ought to demand action. Get the FBI, CIA, NSA, DEA all on the case and drag this guy out

Id love to see that

Not sure if you noticed, but Obama isn't in office anymore so those actions are frowned on.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
The treasonous rat in the Times story uses the word “lodestar” to describe John McCain.
Not a very commonly used word as far as I can see, but apparently Mike Pence uses it a lot.

Immediately, hordes of Twitter users began to connect the unusual word with Vice President Mike Pence, who has been known to use the word repeatedly throughout his vice presidency.
One Twitter user in particular pointed out that John Kelly and James Mattis, two other senior Trump officials under speculation for the article, have never once used the word “lodestar.”

heavy.com...

interesting. maybe the person used that word purposefully so that people would make that connection? Assuming that the story just isnt a total fabrication, that is.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I heard about this today on Facebook, and again on the news. And there are some here, predictably, thinks that the name should be released. But before breaking out the pitchforks, before demanding anything, there are a few things to consider.

The first thing is that is not news, but an opinion piece, that was printed in the Newspaper. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion, how one takes it is either as yes it is or no it is not, and move on.

This is the freedom speech and the freedom of the press. As much as many do not like what is printed, it is ultimately the right of the New York Times to print such at any time, and there should be no punishments from the government. Sticks and stones. The article did not list anything classified, and rather it is describing what all is going on behind the scenes, and ultimately be it true or false, we will never know. If the person decided to remain anonymous, or not, it is not our call. Personally I say take it like a grain of salt, and then move on, storing it for other things later on.

But how many other times someone, who remained anonymous, gave information that turned out to be true, or ended up alerting the people to something that was not right. And it is within the public’s interest. If we allow the President to put that much force on the press, then what is the point? Should we then go back and proclaim that Nixon was innocent? After all it was an anonymous tip that lead to the start of and bringing down President Nixon. And we learned about the government spying on its own people and reading our emails and monitoring our telephone calls.

This is not a court, and thus a person can remain behind the shield of not wanting to be known.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

How anyone would be surprised is beyond me...

Media can lie at will with zero repercussions..

Smith-Mundt Act folks....

Neutered by Congress and signed by Obama...

link   
This might just be an election year trick by Democrats.

2018 is a high stakes election, more than most.

The "insider" is probably somebody who worked inside the zer0Bama adminiztrazion, in other words:

a professional BS artist.

The Woodward Book is a Democrat trick too.

link   

I agree that the writer of this piece of s....source material should be kept secret, but at the same time I really don't think Bernstein need anymore publicity then they are already getting for their book.

***END OF ON TOPIC DISCUSSION***

Why do I say those two are behind this? Bernstein just released that book, and needed the added anti-Trump drive to push the point of the book a little more. This wouldn't be the first time that he has created a story to back up a needed book sale, or get creative license to "verify" a story.

edit on 5-9-2018 by Guyfriday because: Prediction of the future

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Wednesday, 05 September 2018 17:00 - No #POTUS travel outside the #WhiteHouse secure area is expected for the remainder of today and tonight.

The NY Times anonymous op-ed writer (if the traitor exists) will be identified - A National Security investigation has been instituted.

This is the proper way to do it let the DOJ find them,
and question/detain them.

twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I would normally agree with you, but if these people are truly stealing documents off of the presidents desk and basically operating as an un elected un checked de facto president I have to dis agree they should be outed and tried for treason.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This is the point where the anonymous op-ed author should step forward and take a bow for triggering Trump into exhibiting exactly the traits described in the op-ed...with the op-ed.

From the op-ed:

Although he was elected as a Republican, the president shows little affinity for ideals long espoused by conservatives: free minds, free markets and free people. At best, he has invoked these ideals in scripted settings. At worst, he has attacked them outright.

In addition to his mass-marketing of the notion that the press is the “enemy of the people,” President Trump’s impulses are generally anti-trade and anti-democratic.

Meetings with him veer off topic and off the rails, he engages in repetitive rants, and his impulsiveness results in half-baked, ill-informed and occasionally reckless decisions that have to be walked back.

I take some issue with labeling "free minds" and "free people" as being uniquely "conservative" ideals — in fact, if you were going to apply a label it would be "liberal" (in the traditional sense of the word) — but why bother as both the Left and the Right at least give lip service to the notion that they hold both in the highest regard.

But I mean come on, how better to display his erratic nature and illiberal tendencies than to Tweet a demand that the dissenting voice be turned over to government at once by the paper?

Donald J. Trump Verified account @realDonaldTrump

TREASON?

6:15 PM - 5 Sep 2018

Donald J. Trump Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Does the so-called “Senior Administration Official” really exist, or is it just the Failing New York Times with another phony source? If the GUTLESS anonymous person does indeed exist, the Times must, for National Security purposes, turn him/her over to government at once!

7:40 PM - 5 Sep 2018

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Agreed, its sad trump is once again showing how thin his skin is. Obviously he has taken this personally and is lashing out.

thin skin?? the man has been pretty much assaulted by just about the entire press corps on a daily basis for almost 2 years. amazed he hasnt lashed out more tbh.

You are correct.

If Obama had been treated like Trump is, he would have gone bat crap crazy

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: RazorV66

heavy.com...

interesting. maybe the person used that word purposefully so that people would make that connection? Assuming that the story just isnt a total fabrication, that is.

Yes and the story at the link I posted mentions that it’s possibly a smoke screen.
If the story is true, this person needs to dealt with severely.
In my opinion, they are on the same level as Peter Strzok...just an asshole with delusions of grandeur.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Well said sir.

While I jest with you, you are one of the ones who almost always sees things with sense and I always respect and listen to what you say.

People confuse your conviction for extremism, I don't.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

This is the point where the anonymous op-ed author should step forward and take a bow for triggering Trump into exhibiting exactly the traits described in the op-ed...with the op-ed.

I'd rather wait to see if he is all bark, or abuses his powers like our last president.

Its something I need to know about Trump, I'd like to see him cornered on this.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Rumor of a national security investigation being opened on this.

By whom? Trump meeting with Kim Jong and Vladimir Putin PRIVATELY proves that he trusts very few top people.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join