It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NYT should NOT release the name of the anonymous OP-ED writer

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
In all fairness, it seems a good portion of liberal MSM is actually condemning this OP-ED's author for their activities as laid out in the article.

And rightfully so. The person says they are working behind the scenes to advance a conservative agenda. Never the less, it isn't the agenda the American people voted for. It is wrong, and if it doesn't constitute treason it has got to be the finest line I've ever seen walked.

Our votes and representative government has already been bastardized and regulated to hell and back. Things like this further delegitimize the vote, give enormous PR wins to America's enemies abroad and serve to disenfranchise large segments of American voters. After all, if an unelected cabal is going to call the shots why should anyone bother to vote? Just to maintain the appearance of legitimacy (ie: the appearance of consent, the appearance of Constitutional rule)

They are all playing with fire here, and I don't think some realize just how dangerous their actions really are.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

This proves Trump's claims about an unelected cabal working to subvert his agenda and de-legitimize his Presidency.

So that means this information is true, not some made up story and lies.

Nah, good luck with that.

The book is utter BS to the Trumpers, except the part about people stealing papers off his desk.... Which is treason, and they should be killed.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: roadgravel

This proves Trump's claims about an unelected cabal working to subvert his agenda and de-legitimize his Presidency.

So that means this information is true, not some made up story and lies.

Nah, good luck with that.

The book is utter BS to the Trumpers, except the part about people stealing papers off his desk.... Which is treason, and they should be killed.

Based on posts saying it is really happening. If so then it's true. It is one or the other.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I just don't support Sedition, Capiche?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Justoneman
Sedition it is then.

But it isn't since that implies overthrowing the United States government which isn't even remotely in the op-ed.

Except if you're a Trump fapper, than it's time to lock and load mofos, killin's are a comin'.

But it is if the Elected portion of the Three divisions of our gov is treated as ok to subvert with unauthorized actions designed to destroy our gov as the Left is really trying to hand us over to the UN> That IS SEDITION.

The reason, to end hope that people are actually free IMO.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
For everyone not personally knowing the president they sure do out a lot of effort into defending him or attacking him

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
Conquer , Or Be Conquered ............. SPQR

Says the sheeple sandwich.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

But it is if the Elected portion of the Three divisions of our gov is treated as ok to subvert with unauthorized actions designed to destroy our gov as the Left is really trying to hand us over to the UN> That IS SEDITION.

Yeah, that's a nice story, except this person was appointed by a Republican President, approved by a Republican Senate and is a Republican.

When this person doesn't get charged with treason or sedition we gonna hear the same excuses why this hasn't happened when Cheetolini didn't lock up Crooked Hillary?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I just don't support Sedition, Capiche?

No one does.

Trump appointed his cabinet. So what they do is a reflection of him.

So far all we know (per op-ed) is that they support his agenda as a whole, but try and block him on a few issues. The op-ed didn't outline how they did that. For all we know they just agreed together on those issues as a whole, and convinced Trump against his original ideas on said matters.

So they talked about using the 25th, that's completely legal.

You're using hyperbole.

Do you not think the author of the op-ed talk with lawyer(s)?

Do you not think that the NYT ran this through a team of lawyers before print?

This isn't sedition. Sorry, it's politics.

Look up Jimmy Carter and his cabinet, at times they were like oil and water.... So he fired them all, that is the extent of Trumps options here.
edit on 7-9-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Yeah, that's a nice story, except this person was appointed by a Republican President, approved by a Republican Senate and is a Republican.

When this person doesn't get charged with treason or sedition we gonna hear the same excuses why this hasn't happened when Cheetolini didn't lock up Crooked Hillary?

This person, do you have a name?

Cause it could be RR.
edit on 7-9-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Yeah, I have it written down here somewhere, hold on....

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Eric? It's not Eric!

www.theonion.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
Eric? It's not Eric!

I promised him I wouldn't tell under pain of receiving a noogie.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The senate Spartacus is threatening purple-nurples.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Being on the outside (England) I find the whole situation kind of amazing.

You have this president that seemingly nobody likes, who gets more forum time here than anything I've ever seen in my 11 years on this site.
You have the people who don't seem to know what is going on.
You have the media trying to just lie and cause trouble at every opportunity.

The whole thing is like some kind of reality show.

Now you have someone in the government having rants in The New York Times.

Personally I don't think this person exists. It's just made up to once again discredit the President. You can never trust anything the media says. So if they say it's someone in his own government, I straight away become suspicious. I guess that's from hanging around here too long.
edit on Fri, 07 Sep 2018 07:57:09 -0500071892018000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri, 07 Sep 2018 07:58:01 -0500071892018000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Nothing new, Congress always makes my nurples purple.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Nothing new, Congress always makes my nurples purple.

Well with the way they tax us while the federal government is hemorrhaging money....

I've been forced to buy cotton blend shirts.... The chaffing is ungodly, especially on a hot day.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Yeah, I have it written down here somewhere, hold on....

SuuuWEET!

And I will give you a drum roll when you are ready.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Hmm … who can Trump depend on, from that list of alphabet agencies?

The NSA? Maybe the DEA?

The FBI and CIA are anti - Trump, from top to bottom.

We are witnessing a civil war within the ranks of our government.

I just hope the white hats win.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join