It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NYT should NOT release the name of the anonymous OP-ED writer

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JBurns
You're wrong. It still isn't their decision to make. We have multiple Constitution provisions for removing an unfit President:

An unflattering Op-Ed about Dick l'Orange is not treasonous or seditious as defined by both the Constitution and the Congress.

Now you know better by know. This is about the claim of stealing things off his desk and making decisions outside of the Constitutional powers based on a hateful bias. Not about calling him an idiot.

If there was a real Dick l'ORange he probably is Strzok. I LOVE what the country is doing financially and how we have handled the cabal and hope to see more cabal draining. The fools are outing themselves they hate DJT so much.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: thepixelpusher

And in my opinion, the moment the author included that they were a resistance against trump is the moment they sealed their fate as a treasonous lawbreaker subject to the laws we all face.

Treason would mean that they were aiding and embedding a foreign enemy that we're at war with.

It's the most serious crime that people have rarely been charged with.

You're using it for hyperbole, but I'm sure you'll double down and run with it like the rest full well knowing now it doesn't fit..... "WE'LL MAKE IT FIT!" Keep running with that and it gives credence to people with the idea that Trump supporters are OK with him abusing powers.

Sedious acts are in the same classification. So, you're okay with sedition? You've been crowing about Russia Collusion, but sudden;y because it's Trump you're okay with it. You just show your hatred of #45 in that, you realize that?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip
I don't doubt that. What I doubt is that we should blame Trump for something someone else admitted to doing.

I agree. Someone should exonerate the captain of the Titanic for bumping into that chunk of ice, it wasn't like those dingbats at the helm reported to him or anything.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip
Maybe you can find one?

For who? You?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

He appointed them for a specific function under his own authority. He did not grant them the power to subvert him, his office or our agenda. And he most certainly did *not* grant them across the board executive powers (or any degree thereof) which these unelected individuals have assumed.

They are appointed yes, but unelected. Appointed does not equal elected. And again, the scope of their appointment is very clear. The Constitution does not vest any Presidential authority/duties to these appointees outside the very specific scope (ie: to enforce and execute laws of the union, to establish diplomatic relations, to fight and win foreign wars, etc) of the appointment

You make an interesting argument though, one that could even persuade a court. I think the appointments clause could possibly shed light here, I am going to look it up.

for you AM. Thanks for the reasoned and fact based discussion

And what 'Presidential authority' are they wielding? Did someone sign an Executive Order and I missed it?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

OK , Got It . Check . You LIKE BONES A lot , ... and................HATE TRAITORS Who Wish to Undermine and Destroy Our Beloved UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ! ............

LIVE or Let Die ? ....

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Conservative activist and founder of Turning Point USA Charlie Kirk is offering a $50,000 reward for information on the anonymous White House official who published a blistering anti-Trump New York Times op-ed.

www.washingtontimes.com...

This is an interesting development.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

It seems a key focus of this clause (as well as the vast majority of the Constitution itself) is focused on preempting or otherwise inoculating against tyranny. That should also be kept in mind as we discuss individuals who have willfully decided to implement their own agenda in place of the People's agenda

To me it looks a problem bigger than left v. right. So why on Earth does condemnation come along party lines?

That's in regards the President not being able to appoint any doofus to the role without the Senate, which is a body of doofuses, approving. Which they did. So it proves my point. King Doofus appoints Mr. Underminer, who is approved by the Senate, who were Republicans. All things are nice and Constitutional.

Now, if you want to argue that they are or are not a bunch of major morons then that's something else.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Sedition it is then.

But it isn't since that implies overthrowing the United States government which isn't even remotely in the op-ed.

Except if you're a Trump fapper, than it's time to lock and load mofos, killin's are a comin'.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Now you know better by know. This is about the claim of stealing things off his desk and making decisions outside of the Constitutional powers based on a hateful bias. Not about calling him an idiot.

Stealing thing off his desk is also not sedition. Unless it was his Twitter Bat Phone, then you just opened up a giant can of Prepare to Go To Gitmo.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
You know the irony of all this?

*if* (BIG IF) this is all true. It just proves the Deep State conspiracy and the notion that the presidents are all just figure-heads.

I mean, none of you who so much want to believe this actually think this is some emergency stop-gap that just magically sprung into place overnight did you?

If this is all real it's been there forever and the presidents have just been playing along.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Conquer , Or Be Conquered ............. SPQR

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: thepixelpusher

And in my opinion, the moment the author included that they were a resistance against trump is the moment they sealed their fate as a treasonous lawbreaker subject to the laws we all face.

Treason would mean that they were aiding and embedding a foreign enemy that we're at war with.

It's the most serious crime that people have rarely been charged with.

You're using it for hyperbole, but I'm sure you'll double down and run with it like the rest full well knowing now it doesn't fit..... "WE'LL MAKE IT FIT!" Keep running with that and it gives credence to people with the idea that Trump supporters are OK with him abusing powers.

Sedious acts are in the same classification. So, you're okay with sedition? You've been crowing about Russia Collusion, but sudden;y because it's Trump you're okay with it. You just show your hatred of #45 in that, you realize that?

I've never said there has been Russian collusion.

I don't think any laws have been broken in this case with someone writing an op-ed.

I just don't want presidents to continue to abuse power as they have, capiche?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It isn't the writing of an OP-ED that has ever been the focus of this problem. Some dishonest contributors have attempted to steer the focus toward that, so they can make this an issue of press freedom/free speech vs. intentional subversion of the Presidency.

It is the acts undertaken (as described) by the OP-ED's author that is a criminal act (or several criminal acts). That is totally unrelated to the opinion piece they wrote. It just so happens that someone involved in a criminal conspiracy just so happened to write an article for the paper and was stupid enough to confess to what is likely serious violations of law.

§ 2381 - Treason
§ 2382 - Misprision of treason
§ 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection
§ 2384 - Seditious conspiracy
§ 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government
§ 2386 - Registration of certain organizations

"18 U.S. Code Chapter 115 - TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES"
www.law.cornell.edu...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

This proves Trump's claims about an unelected cabal working to subvert his agenda and de-legitimize his Presidency.

Is that not a far more serious abuse of power than any power you've alleged Trump has abused? How exactly has Trump abused the power of his office again?

edit on 9/6/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If things are that bad within the White House--f'n QUIT, and go f'n PUBLIC in your own damned name, and let the chips fall where they may.

Have the courage of your supposed convictions.

I grow increasingly tired of these anonymous sources. Man up, or shut the Hell up!

...and I care not in the least if anyone agrees or not. My mood is "cranky" for a reason.

Patrick Henry: “Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!”
edit on 9/6/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
How come Trump isn't outing some names, etc of the deep state, if it does exist.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
How come Trump isn't outing some names, etc of the deep state, if it does exist.

They are anonymous. Although some of them have been outed/removed from office. Others have had security clearances revoked/denied.

I'm sure that will all come out in due time. Human beings are not good at keeping secrets, and there's a phrase I always liked... "everybody has a better friend"
edit on 9/6/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

This proves Trump's claims about an unelected cabal working to subvert his agenda and de-legitimize his Presidency.

So that means this information is true, not some made up story and lies.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

The same anonymous card play that is always claimed as questionable or a BS.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join