It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NYT should NOT release the name of the anonymous OP-ED writer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Look, I'm a supporter of Trump. I make no bones about that.

I also make no bones about when he's done something wrong.

Like now.

He and other conservative pundits are screaming about releasing the name of the anonymous OP-ED author.

The author wrote an ugly opinion piece about the president.

It says more about the weak and puerile "resistance" than it does about Trump.

It says that even "insiders" know that Trump is innocent on all of the speculative charges against him. So they attack him this way.

Hell, this is no different than talking about his weight or his physical shape.

But back to anonymous.

I am disgusted by the way the Obama administration went after whistle-blowers. Leakers.

And I won't change my stance under this administration.

So while the left gleefully masturbates over this fan-fiction that the NYT put out, just remember that the identity of ANY even PERCEIVED whistle-blower or leaker deserves the protection of anonymity because who knows who might want to leak under a communist Warren or Sanders regime!

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I dont see this person as a whistleblower, I see them as someone admitting in writing to sedition.

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Look, I'm a supporter of Trump. I make no bones about that.

I also make no bones about when he's done something wrong.

Like now.

He and other conservative pundits are screaming about releasing the name of the anonymous OP-ED author.

The author wrote an ugly opinion piece about the president.

It says more about the weak and puerile "resistance" than it does about Trump.

It says that even "insiders" know that Trump is innocent on all of the speculative charges against him. So they attack him this way.

Hell, this is no different than talking about his weight or his physical shape.

But back to anonymous.

I am disgusted by the way the Obama administration went after whistle-blowers. Leakers.

And I won't change my stance under this administration.

So while the left gleefully masturbates over this fan-fiction that the NYT put out, just remember that the identity of ANY even PERCEIVED whistle-blower or leaker deserves the protection of anonymity because who knows who might want to leak under a communist Warren or Sanders regime!

This person in no way is a whistle blower or is entitled to the protection afforded such.
If this person engaged in a coup attempt against the president they deserve to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
If this person engaged in stopping the potus from carrying out his duties as potus they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I’m no fan of Trump, but thought this (and all leaks) are crap.

If the President were doing something nefarious or illegal, blow the whistle. If you’re just writing these Op-Eds decrying the man for how he does the job, I find you lame. Sign your work, or resign and then speak your truth.

I just don’t get this type of behavior.

link   

Did he leaked anything other than his personal opinion on Trump?

I really haven't followed this story...

And couldn't care less too about his identity.

Maybe he should just leave the train if he's not satisfied on being there.

link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

I dont see this person as a whistleblower, I see them as someone admitting in writing to sedition.

It's a teen-aged girls angry hate letter to her former BFF.

But even "Bitsy" deserves her anonymity.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Agreed, its sad trump is once again showing how thin his skin is. Obviously he has taken this personally and is lashing out.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Meh..I'll follow your lead in this one.

Honestly, I much rather Trump find out who it was, have them splayed, chained up, whipped and paraded around town as an example, but that's just for my own twisted amusement...or is it 😅😳🤭

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Agreed, its sad trump is once again showing how thin his skin is. Obviously he has taken this personally and is lashing out.

thin skin?? the man has been pretty much assaulted by just about the entire press corps on a daily basis for almost 2 years. amazed he hasnt lashed out more tbh.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I’m surprised that they aren’t searching for the person removing things from his desk.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Have you noticed that no-one in MSM cares about the contents of the article (mainly because there's nothing new in it) but has instead focused on the 'who-dun-it' angle?

The net result being Trump possibly reassessing his staff due to this allegation to determine the validity of the claim. Its a successful way to sow discord and encourage suspicion within the ranks of your enemies.

IMO, this ties in with Qs latest post #2095 too.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Thin skinned? If you're in power and need your circle to rely on, I' be damned if one of them were anons selling disinfo for leftist feed op-eds.

You don't know what you're talking about, much less been in THAT type of position, yes these are assumptions about you and I stand by them.

link   
Trump ought to demand action. Get the FBI, CIA, NSA, DEA all on the case and drag this guy out

Id love to see that

link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Meh..I'll follow your lead in this one.

Honestly, I much rather Trump find out who it was, have them splayed, chained up, whipped and paraded around town as an example, but that's just for my own twisted amusement...or is it 😅😳🤭

To give this anon writer any more air-time also gives credibility to the trash he/she wrote.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Have you noticed that no-one in MSM cares about the contents of the article (mainly because there's nothing new in it) but has instead focused on the 'who-dun-it' angle?

The net result being Trump possibly reassessing his staff due to this allegation to determine the validity of the claim. Its a successful way to sow discord and encourage suspicion within the ranks of your enemies.

IMO, this ties in with Qs latest post #2095 too.
It's absolute crap and I am just waiting on that nuclear switch of information if Trump decides so.

This is a man who you don't want to see PISSED.

The liberal media hasn't seen him pissed, fire and fury style.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Well if he has aids hiding papers on his desk and stealing information I’m pretty sure that’s just treason

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump ought to demand action. Get the FBI, CIA, NSA, DEA all on the case and drag this guy out

Id love to see that
lol, its liberal media, chances are, there isn't a SOURCE.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Correct. The NYTimes should NOT release it publicly. But they must tell the Trump administration. If not, the NYTimes owners are in deep legal trouble.

When legal action is taken against the NYT by the Federal Government of the United States of America, that corporation will need to:

1.) Turn over the Name.

or

2.) Admit that they made up the story.

There's no other option for avoiding a huge ongoing fine, and/or jail-time for NYTimes ownership.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: Willtell

Well if he has aids hiding papers on his desk and stealing information I’m pretty sure that’s just treason
It absolutely IS.

That is obstructing and tampering with official business docs for the purpose of self motivated agendas.

*IF this person is real, most likely not, charges for sedition and treason should ensue.

Remember, Reality? Yeah, actual REALITY right there.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

It doesn't count unless it is a tweet on Twitter™...

What will happen when We find out that Trump was like Kim KonASSian-West and was getting paid for each tweet??

And as I was told in another thread, evidently Mr. Trump gets 288 characters 'to connect'.

Anyone want to share how they felt when TheApprentice™ was not re-newed?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join