It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

typhoon , now earthquake rocks northern Japan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Update:
One town rang in at 7 on the scale. 9 people dead, 41 known are unaccounted for. This quake did so much damage. I kind of think the typhoon that hit the ocean 2 days may have had something to do with this.

it very well could have. one does damage, then the other completes the destruction. rather like happened in parts of the Philippines a few years back in 2013, like Bohol. first they got hit with a 7.2 earthquake then about 3 weeks later they got hit with a cat 5 typhoon (Yolanda). so the buildings not destroyed by the earthquake were weakened, then the typhoon coming through finished the job. and they are still rebuilding from those two events. have friends who just had their house finally rebuilt from those events a few months back. i know when i was there a couple years ago, lots of people were still living in tents and lean-tos.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
NAW, really? An earthquake in Japan, no way!!
And in other news, water is still wet.

Japan is one of the most active places on the planet for quakes. Take a gander at any of the maps on the Hypocenter maps page here and tell me who's going to prove that old "falling off into the Pacific" joke right first -- California or Japan.
Pssst, my money's on Japan.

Dae

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
NAW, really? An earthquake in Japan, no way!!
And in other news, water is still wet....

I didn't get the impression that this thread was about the surprise of an earthquake but more about the "oh noes! Those poor people". The quake straight after a typhoon like this is unsurprising, I've read that lots of water can trigger them.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

This is why ,,,
www.youtube.com...

Heats it all up, SAVVY?

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join