It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy against Trump from within the White House - Story from an active Resistance insider?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
An amoral and undemocratic President ? I have yet to observe any action by President Trump amoral or undemocratic. He tweets a lot of crap I don't like, but so a lot of other people.

I think it's why Trump enjoys a lot of the popularity he does, because he is a lot like us...normal people...not a polished politician always ready with the perfect 30 second sound bite that neither answers a question nor provides any solution.

Trump to my knowledge has not put reporters in jail unlike past administrations, certainly that would be an undemocratic move. Nor has he directed the AG to obtain surveillance warrants against reporters, claiming that they are flight risk to the court to keep the warrant secret and track them by cell phone, intercept their calls, and read their personal email, certainly undemocratic.

I could be wrong, but aside from some un PC language, and boisterous bravado, this President has proposed to MAGA. Surely this is not undemocratic, or perhaps his call to enforce the immigration laws is undemocratic ?

Perhaps it is his insistence on obtaining the best possiable trade deals with other countries, deals that don't punish America for being America, is that undemocratic ?

Here is my perspective on undemocratic behavior. Those who hide behind a mask of unbelievable gall, those who work to actively admit to sabotage against a Democratically elected President.

Someone who is too much a coward to address concerns publically and instead to demonstrate exactly what this President has vowed to fight, those behind the scenes who wish to control and steer this country without any elective authority.

We have a government built with Checks and Balances. We do not need a system of Shadows actively obstructing the elected officials attempting to accomplish something, anything, and actually more than most have in quite awhile, no the undemocratic and amoral behavior is coming from that Shadow, a stain, the leak, the cowards who feel they are the ones who should lead, they are stealing from We the People.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

The NYT admits to recieving material information regarding a coup against the US government, and no folks are seeing this as an issue?

My hope is that the hammer is dropped on that yellow rag and the worthless pseudo journalists it employs.

Not a coup, as the Bloviator is still failing in place. Sounds more like 'trying to nudge the country one way whilst a child screams in the corner'.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Push for the 25th

Ahh no, already thought about :

The op-ed, published in the New York Times on Wednesday, represents a shocking critique of Trump and is without precedent in modern American history.

The anonymous author describes Trump as amoral, “anti-trade and anti-democratic” and prone to making “half-baked, ill-informed and occasionally reckless decisions”.

The writer claims aides had explored the possibility of removing Trump from office via the 25th amendment, a complex constitutional mechanism to allow for the replacement of a president who is “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office”, but had decided against it.

“So we will do what we can to steer the administration in the right direction until — one way or another — it’s over,” the author writes. link

Despite everything
Trump rather than Pence for the next 2 years

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

This I 100% agree with. I've studied this guy a lot, even before he said he was running for President I dont need the MSM, the left, whatever you want it to put it on to form my opinions about the guy, I just have to watch him, I just have to read his tweets, I just have to look at what people who have worked for him for 40 years have said. This stuff isnt new to him, its a pattern of behavior that goes back a long long time. I could always be wrong, but I feel like I see through him for what he is, and a lot of others do too, and it worries them, and a lot of others dont. I think its been backed up over and over and over again throughout the years. Even he has said it himself, he thrives in chaos, so I think that contributes to part of it too, even though that mindset is generally not good for running a country.

To the people saying its a very dangerous precedent..You're right..It is, but its also my belief that we're in an extremely extraordinary circumstance. If there is a true belief that he is unstable, uninterested, or another set of extreme factors, elected or not I would hope there are adults in the room trying to handle things. You can't allow power to go unchallenged even as an elected official under those special circumstances. Though I'd say you should never let it go unchallenged even with a completely sane and rational person. Im pretty confident this is a person he has hired also, not some "deep state" holdover, not everything can be put on a deep state. Its a tricky and slippery slope to exactly define where that line should be.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Put your seasonings away. They say they know the identity of the author and they are keeping his her identity a secret.
Its not an anonymous source to them and they identify this person as a senior staff member of the white house.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

Push for the 25th

The op-ed, published in the New York Times on Wednesday, represents a shocking critique of Trump and is without precedent in modern American history.

The anonymous author describes Trump as amoral, “anti-trade and anti-democratic” and prone to making “half-baked, ill-informed and occasionally reckless decisions”.

The writer claims aides had explored the possibility of removing Trump from office via the 25th amendment, a complex constitutional mechanism to allow for the replacement of a president who is “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office”, but had decided against it.

“So we will do what we can to steer the administration in the right direction until — one way or another — it’s over,” the author writes. link

Despite everything

It would be ironic if Pence is the source for the NYT article...making that Machiavellian move toward the Christian theocracy he sees for America.
He knows more than anyone that trump is increasingly losing contact with reality.

I love American politics...
edit on 5-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
I agree with you. This person needs to identify themselves and to make sure that the appropriate action is taken.
Remaining silent except through op ed is cowardly and against the oath they took to get their post. Shame on whom ever it is.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

The delivery of this articles message is antithetical to its stated goal.

If this writers "first duty is to this country" then (s)he should be bringing their grievances directly to the people. Open debate and challenge to the president for all to see and judge accordingly.

Their stated reason for using ananimty is also antithetical to their stated reason for speaking up. Clearly their first duty is to secure their position within the white house from where they can unelectedly influence policy. We can only hope their second duty is to this country.

I have my differences with Trump policies and would not shed a tear were he to be impeached through an open process after losing support in congress.

But this shadow government... and that is exactly what is being admitted to here ... is far more dangerous to our democratic institutions than anything a crazy twitter loving president could do.

Today it maybe in opposition to a leader you dont like; tomorrow it will be in opposition to a leader you do.

Scary stuff if you get passed the reality TV aspect of it all. When those that seek to oppress your will dont even bother to hind it from you any longer is when you know your in trouble.

link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: pavil

Nice addition.

What part of his Agenda is so dangerous to America?

It is mainly good for America the corporation.American citizens are not so lucky to be led by corporations that do not have the same values that were present just decades ago. Personally i feel corporations need to be reigned in by monopoly laws and regulations in order to strengthen those under them. It is kinda a big deal but i just try to call em as i see em.

So Low unemployment, better trade deals and a growth of household earnings via economic growth and tax cuts is bad for the Average American?

Which Company would you go after first for the Monopoly thing? Just curious.

link   
a reply to: olaru12

!!!!!
That would turn the Machiavellian dial right up to 11

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Ok, so these excerpts merely claim the exact behavior that anyone without Trump-runoff on their lips can see from Trump's own words, behavior, and actions. These claims being made by a seemingly countless number of people that emerge to tell tales of their first hand accounts with Trump.

But big surprise, come to ATS and everyone is wrong, except Trump.
Stable genius and all.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zoyd23

or.....
Its all true.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Cassi3l

Push for the 25th

Despite everything

It would be ironic if Pence is the source for the NYT article...making that Machiavellian move toward the Christian theocracy he sees for America.
He knows more than anyone that trump is increasingly losing contact with reality.

I love American politics...

Hmmmmmmmm?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Absolutely bonkers

I hope there are a few quiet, steadfast people in the WH hanging on for dear life ... on behalf of their country.

" All enemies, foreign and domestic "

That right there should be their first loyalty.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
They say they know the identity of the author and they are keeping his her identity a secret.
Its not an anonymous source to them and they identify this person as a senior staff member of the white house.

Well, how did they catch the last leaker that was
also leaking to the NYT?

Woops!

Careful what you wish for....

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

its someone in a senior position at the white house not someone who use to work for the FBI or someone who used to work for the justice department or someone who used to work for Obama. Its one of his senior staff. Kellyanne? John Kelly?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

That is some powerful denial there good buddy. Powerful denial.

link   

originally posted by: trb71
You can't allow power to go unchallenged even as an elected official under those special circumstances.

This is not a challenge to power ... it's an omission of usurping of power.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: burntheships

its someone in a senior position at the white house not someone who use to work for the FBI or someone who used to work for the justice department or someone who used to work for Obama. Its one of his senior staff. Kellyanne? John Kelly?

So the last leaker claimed he was a "senior staff" member too.

Your so gullible, really.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It being from an anonymous source isn't great, but I have no real reason to not believe the Times. However, I can't come to agreement with the reasoning behind the source staying anonymous. If you don't like working in the Trump administration (I wouldn't like it either), then they should've done the exact opposite. Publish it as themselves, rather than anonymously, and used the reasoning in the op-ed as their reasons for resignation.

I think that would've carried more weight. "I enjoy working for the government, but I can't work for this administration, and these are the reasons why."

As it stands, the article seems a little...less than genuine. Again, I have no reason to not believe the Times, but I would've gone about it differently.

No one can know what's going on inside anyone else's head though, so I can't judge them at all. Just saying, I wish they wouldn't have remained anonymous.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join