It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators blast Google executives for not showing up to hearings on election meddling

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Shopping results don't matter. This is about promoting News article's that sway one way, while suppressing the others. I doubt you work for Google, A government owned and controlled search engine. I do metatag and keyword build up on the side, for small companies in my area whose site is struggling to get into the Organic first page results, because paying is a losing proposition. Google is the Largest search engine in the world.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I have not said that Meddling got Trump elected, Trump got Trump elected. I am stating the fact that since he took office, the public perception of him has been portrayed in an overly negative and unfair light. Due to Google's left leaning search results. I don't want Google or anyone to favor either side,Although a Trump supporter, I would propose the same argument if it was right leaning. What's right is right.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker

Shopping results don't matter. This is about promoting News article's that sway one way, while suppressing the others. I doubt you work for Google, A government owned and controlled search engine. I do metatag and keyword build up on the side, for small companies in my area whose site is struggling to get into the Organic first page results, because paying is a losing proposition. Google is the Largest search engine in the world.

You're attempting to back pedal further away from your initial claim.

You claimed that the majority of googles first page results are paid.

Proof?

It's BS.

If you clients are struggling to get organic results, maybe they should hire someone who understands SEO.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: howtonhawky
For better clarification...

Does anyone have any examples of google wrong doing or improper search results?

It would help to understand what is happening here if we had some evidence put forth.

Google tilts search results to coincide with their social engineering agenda. Type in "American Inventors" and see what you get.

I disagree. It would be the main stream sources controlling the results and not google itself.

The inventor error is something that can be improved upon. However you type it init seems to come up wrong. There is some clutter in the information road that can be cleared. Nothing to do with the election.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Organic Traffic Statistics
32.5 percent: The average traffic share the first Google organic search result gets.
www.searchenginepeople.com...

On Google, 18% of organic clicks go to the first search result, 10% go to the second, and 7% go to the third.
www.searchenginepeople.com...

What Challenges Are Organic Search Results Currently Facing?
It’s not just competitors’ organic listings that search engine marketers have to worry about. Google frequently tinkers with its SERP format, and depending on the search query, the first organic first result may be pushed below a local 3-pack, a featured snippet, or up to four text ads. The presence of ads can make a huge difference when it comes to organic CTR. For SERPs with no ads, the average CTR for the first organic result is 30%, but that drops to 17.9% when ads enter the picture.

So 6 or 7 was a stretch, you got me.

I'm no "expert" like you but, I don't build the site. People call me to Make the searches come up higher organically. which is simple as you know.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker

I have not said that Meddling got Trump elected, Trump got Trump elected. I am stating the fact that since he took office, the public perception of him has been portrayed in an overly negative and unfair light. Due to Google's left leaning search results. I don't want Google or anyone to favor either side,Although a Trump supporter, I would propose the same argument if it was right leaning. What's right is right.

Just say no! to regulation

I do not think you want a search engine to have to filter out mainstream sources. You maybe would like the spectrum of politics in america to be equal. It is not. It is as tilted as the income divide. Just the way it works under these current parameters.

Due to Google's left leaning search results.

You imo should mean due to the left leaning msm. If the search results were right leaning then that would indicate manipulation of results. There is a niche market for such as you pointed out with duckduck.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

And this thread is not about SEO, it's about Google manipulating search results. Do you care to prove they do not do that? or thump your chest about knowing more than me about web design and SEO. I do it on the side from my "real" job. Saving lives as a local firefighter.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I was just demonstrating that they do tweak the results and that they are not objective. When they suppress conservative results, it meddles with elections by misrepresenting reality. I don't care to search out links and list examples for you to blow off.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

So when you typed that into the search engines, you got the same results on both sites? Or are you above testing your theory for fear of being wrong. (the results answer that all by themselves)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

I was just demonstrating that they do tweak the results and that they are not objective. When they suppress conservative results, it meddles with elections by misrepresenting reality. I don't care to search out links and list examples for you to blow off.

You did not demonstrate that but i liked the subjects. They have not suppressed any results. Content that is put out by america does that.

Fact is that american media is left leaning and to change results would mean you would have to alter results or change the media makeup.
edit on 5-9-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It couldn’t be Trumps own actions and words that make people dislike him. Nah.

Nope. Must be that google algorithm.

Lol.
It sure is, you haters are a minority, get it?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

How would they know that? from a WAPO poll

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

On August 28, President Trump tweeted that Google search results are “rigged” against him, and that Google is “suppressing voices of conservatives.” Is this true? AllSides.com conducted an in-depth analysis of Google News on the day of Trump’s tweet. Our analysis shows Google News was heavily biased on that day, giving the Left 13 times more coverage than the Right and more than twice as much as the Center. But we saw no evidence Google News is intentionally rigged. This should make everyone happy. Trump fans and conservatives can shout “Google is biased,” while anti-Trump folks and progressives can yell back “it’s not rigged.”

This is nonsense . Their are just as many right wing news outlets as the left. Failing to allow them to show up in a search is biased, which makes it rigged.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

progressives can yell back “it’s not rigged.

It is non sense and i am not a progressive and the article highlights their willingness to divide us. I bet they are real popular and get many hits.

Check out the local tv sometime and you will see google results are just a reflection of main stream. It is because most republicans are too busy to pay proper attention to their news sites that believe like them while the left is devoted as a whole to dominating the media with their viewership.

However listen to the radio and you will hear many right voices cause that is what most listen to at work.

I have said it before America has a liberal view and a conservative voice.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

It is divisive like most things these days. I am a Republican but do not watch Fox (very Often) and want to see both parties succeed, which means America succeeds.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Google, Facebook and Twitter manipulate their search results, news feeds and order of posts to portray a specific political atmosphere among people.

Its obvious and its real...

go and look at twitter, watch a trump tweet... the first 20 replies are always the same people positing specific and pointed attacks on President Trump.

Look at facebooks news feeds during the election, there was a very real lean towards pro democrat pieces and anti republican pieces.

and googles search results, all the news media that smashes trump (sometimes based on lies) are always the top hits

Google, Twitter and Facebook did more to try and alter the election than Russia.. Thats why they were asked to appear, thats why they didnt want to show up.

They couldnt lie, but telling the truth would be damaging and revealing.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: interupt42

But in this case Google is the globalist behemoth....

Yeah that was the point. Our govt is at the mercy of the globalist behemoth lobbyist such as google.

Its no wonder our govt is run inefficiently , wasteful , and with no common sense oversight when its run by the globalist behemoth lobbyist who benefit from such inefficiency,wastefulness, and bizarre regulations.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

For better clarification...

Does anyone have any examples of google wrong doing or improper search results?

It would help to understand what is happening here if we had some evidence put forth.

Google tilts search results to coincide with their social engineering agenda. Type in "American Inventors" and see what you get.

I disagree. It would be the main stream sources controlling the results and not google itself.

The inventor error is something that can be improved upon. However you type it init seems to come up wrong. There is some clutter in the information road that can be cleared. Nothing to do with the election.

The clutter is Google social engineering. This is evident in the GOOGLE logo when they mark birthdays of people in history that they consider important. Google wears special glasses that everyone has to look through. It is human nature that they try to mold the world as they wish it to be. I don't know why the American Inventors search shows almost all blacks and photos of a few whites that look very dark. Many of these inventors are of little consequence. Is this done to inspire the youth?
Type in amerikanische Erfinder and see what comes up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join