It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators blast Google executives for not showing up to hearings on election meddling

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: howtonhawky

Because the lawyer isn't making decisions. They wanted the people in charge, Google is the only one to refuse.

True according to what i have read. Sounds like people are buying into mark warners point of view these days...

Maybe they had better things to do then play placate the potus and buy into conspiracy theories with no merit behind them?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: underwerks
It couldn’t be Trumps own actions and words that make people dislike him. Nah.

Nope. Must be that google algorithm.

Lol.

It'a almost like you don't even try. Instead of being a mouthpiece for the idiot left, why not set aside your bias for a second and look into this. Does Google seem to push the left's agenda while hiding the right's? Not that you would show such integrity, but by using some different search engines, you might be able to come up with a real answer, unless you are just happy with the one CNN told you to have.

I made bold the key word if up there ^

seem

Why do I get these google results?

Plenty of people complaining about how something works, without stopping to take a second to read about...how it works.

Crying about being 'censored' when your copy pasta - 12 visits a month - high bounce rate ass having website isn't on google's first page of results....

Lol.

Clearly, this opinion must be given to me by someone else, because it disagrees with yours....

I'm sure you'll see the irony if you read it enough times.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

You must be laughing when you try to give the impression Google search results are neutral and unbiased. There have been so many incidents over the years where they were caught screwing up searches. They always claim it was some kind of mistake but not their fault. Then they fix it which proves that they can and do have influence.

I am quite serious here. In order for google to be unbiased then the ones putting out the articles and controlling the media would have to be unbiased first.

imho They are trying to fix a symptom and not address the true problem. The media in our country is biased and any truthful search results will reflect that.

Any genuine attempt by congress to get google involved would not include exclusion of representatives they select. By putting an empty chair in the place they are essentially saying they would rather not address their own concerns and instead opt for a publicity stunt.

edit on 5-9-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

You can't defend Google with their own web page. You do know the difference between an Organic search result, and a paid one

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker

You can't defend Google with their own web page. You do know the difference between an Organic search result, and a paid one

Oh, so first page results are all paid?

SEO is a myth?

I'm asking for a machine learning algorithm on the blockchain....

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It doesn't matter who was going to be in that chair, we would not have gotten any kind of truthful response, just a bunch of...I don't recall, I can't answer that question (insert reason) , not to the best of my recollection ect.ect.
But as stated, if I was accused of something that I didn't do I would defend myself from the beginning.
They are trying to come up with a plan to try to get off the hook and its taking longer than they expected.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with POTUS. It's not the White House.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

yea, at least the first 6 or 7

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

This has nothing to do with POTUS. It's not the White House.

It has very much to do with potus since he is the one who called out google for being left leaning.

He has come out recently with desire to regulate google in an attempt to get control over the msm.

I understand his pov on the matter but wake me up when there are empty chairs for the msm and then we will have a story.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

yea, at least the first 6 or 7

Source it.

Come back when you realize this is bull#.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

So you're saying that if you google white inventors and get a page of images showing almost all black people, this is because most people really believe white inventors are black? How about when googling California republicans showed a page with an insert saying Nazism was a core republican ideology? Remember when a google search for gorillas showed an image page full of black people? Was that a majority of web results? How about when Marsha Blackburn's R-Tenn campaign announcement was blocked? Don't even get me started on YouTube.

Do you really believe all of this is unbiased or did you just forget about it?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

On the Wayfair SEO team, we keep track of our non-branded click curves: the average click-through rate (CTR) for each ranking position. This helps us accurately evaluate the potential opportunity of keyword clusters.

Over the last two years, the total share of organic clicks on page one of our e-commerce SERPs has dropped 25% on desktop and 55% on mobile.

For the ad-heavy non-local SERPs that we work in, paid ads are likely now earning nearly the same percentage of clicks as organic results — a staggering change from most of the history of Google.

moz.com...

Why do you think that is when Organic is based on the relevance to a particular search

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

California republicans showed a page with an insert saying Nazism was a core republican ideology

That is the only one i remembered and in the thread on here about it was clearly answered. Kudos for the examples.

None of your examples show left wing bias. It shows a few errors and in no way amount to election meddling.

The white inventors one needs to be seriously addressed.

I have many issues with youtube and have made thread about it. The gov. has much more control over youtube then what they think or realize.

Still no election meddling concerns have you raised...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

Lol.

It'a almost like you don't even try. Instead of being a mouthpiece for the idiot left, why not set aside your bias for a second and look into this. Does Google seem to push the left's agenda while hiding the right's? Not that you would show such integrity, but by using some different search engines, you might be able to come up with a real answer, unless you are just happy with the one CNN told you to have.

seem

Plenty of people complaining about how something works, without stopping to take a second to read about...how it works.

Crying about being 'censored' when your copy pasta - 12 visits a month - high bounce rate ass having website isn't on google's first page of results....

Lol.

Clearly, this opinion must be given to me by someone else, because it disagrees with yours....

Here is how it works, in the land I live in. (the real world) I google something. I get results. I usually don't care much for how it's politically viewed, unless it's a political search. But you will get vastly different results when you view things from a political aspect.

Again, not that I expect any integrity from those who oppose Trump here, but go to Google.com, type in "trump winning". Then try the same in duckduckgo.com. You will get a first page that is completely different by using the two engines. Now, is this how we want things? Do we want our minds manipulated by the MSM and now the search engines on the internet? If you are a communist democrat, you probably are just fine with being told how to think as CNN has conditioned you to like and accept this way of life. But as someone who doesn't watch the MSM, but gets news from internet based sources, and makes his own mind up on how the stories affect me, I'd prefer to just get facts, unbiased facts.

Now please, go on about the word "seem".

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

August 30, 2018 Most of us here at The Beaufort Observer no longer rely on Google searches simply because we have learned that they are skewed to the left. We now use DuckDuckGo.com more than we use Google. (Duck also does not collect your user data so it is more private and secure). Our suspicions have now been confirmed. Paula Boyard, writing at JP Media, did an analysis of Google search results for a simple term like "Trump" and what she found was that nearly all of the top results were slanted toward left leaning outlets. She writes: Is Google manipulating its algorithm to prioritize left-leaning news outlets in their coverage of President Trump? It sure looks that way based on recent search results for news on the president. Conservatives and Trump supporters have for the last several years questioned whether Google was deprioritizing conservative news sites, hiding them from users who utilize their search engine. Google has maintained that all outlets are treated fairly, but nevertheless, conservative sites have reported reduced search traffic and, in the case of Google-owned YouTube, content creators have been banned and demonetized. Google's high-profile firing of conservative James Damore, purportedly over his conservative political views, only reinforces the idea that Google is picking winners and losers. To test the premise, I performed a Google search for "Trump" using the search engine's "News" tab and analyzed the results using Sharyl Attkisson's media bias chart.

www.beaufortobserver.net...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

www.dictionary.com...

verb (used without object), med·dled, med·dling.
to involve oneself in a matter without right or invitation; interfere officiously and unwantedly:
1.Stop meddling in my personal life!

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
For better clarification...

Does anyone have any examples of google wrong doing or improper search results?

It would help to understand what is happening here if we had some evidence put forth.

Google tilts search results to coincide with their social engineering agenda. Type in "American Inventors" and see what you get.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Seems like you are trying to send a false message with that latest post.

Are you saying google meddling elected trump? Likely not but what are you saying cause i love posting definitions to make a point but i am not connecting the dots you seem to be.

Google has some minor issues that have been pointed out so far but i see no meddling.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

On the Wayfair SEO team, we keep track of our non-branded click curves: the average click-through rate (CTR) for each ranking position. This helps us accurately evaluate the potential opportunity of keyword clusters.

Over the last two years, the total share of organic clicks on page one of our e-commerce SERPs has dropped 25% on desktop and 55% on mobile.

For the ad-heavy non-local SERPs that we work in, paid ads are likely now earning nearly the same percentage of clicks as organic results — a staggering change from most of the history of Google.

moz.com...

Why do you think that is when Organic is based on the relevance to a particular search

You failed to include the most important part:

At Wayfair, we’ve seen Google Shopping results appear on more and more search queries over the last year. Using Stat Search Analytics, we can track the growth in queries serving Google Shopping results (modified by search volume to give a qualitative visibility score) across the 25,000 keywords we track daily on mobile and desktop. The overall share of voice of Google Shopping has grown nearly 60% in the last year.

Of course paid keywords / adwords will reign supreme, as the entire point is to drive a sale.

This has nothing to do with

the first 6 or 7 search results being paid

Again, source the first 6 or 7 results of a query being paid. You can't because its bs.

You may be able to lie your way through a conversation with others but I build web applications for a living, that includes ALL parts of the life cycle.

Some of those applications use adwords /adsense /PPC , most of them don't.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

Lol.

seem

Lol.

Here is how it works, in the land I live in. (the real world) I google something. I get results. I usually don't care much for how it's politically viewed, unless it's a political search. But you will get vastly different results when you view things from a political aspect.

Again, not that I expect any integrity from those who oppose Trump here, but go to Google.com, type in "trump winning". Then try the same in duckduckgo.com. You will get a first page that is completely different by using the two engines. Now, is this how we want things? Do we want our minds manipulated by the MSM and now the search engines on the internet? If you are a communist democrat, you probably are just fine with being told how to think as CNN has conditioned you to like and accept this way of life. But as someone who doesn't watch the MSM, but gets news from internet based sources, and makes his own mind up on how the stories affect me, I'd prefer to just get facts, unbiased facts.

Now please, go on about the word "seem".

The gift of irony that keeps giving. What does any of this have to do with Trump? Oh, nothing, its just the circle jerk 'free an unbiased' media you surround yourself with is so far inside your little vagina that you can't think straight.

Again, not that I expect any integrity from those who oppose Trump here, but go to Google.com, type in "trump winning". Then try the same in duckduckgo.com. You will get a first page that is completely different by using the two engines.

Maybe read up on the differences between and indexer and a search engine attempting to return relevant results?

What's the difference between the 2?

Like I said, understand how things work then suddenly you can no longer cry persecution.

I guess reading is hard, even harder when it shatters your precious world view.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join