It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump advocates banning protests

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I agree with him. The Senate floor is not an appropriate venue for protests.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

A president should never be able to just do what he wants without compromising with those who think differently than him.

jesus
DACA much?

Yet him and a lot of his supporters somehow believe this is representative of democracy.

wow
just wow

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

he dismantling of the institutions whose purpose is to protect us from tyranny.

That is why the founding fathers wrote in that protection from tyranny with assualt weapons without having to ask the state's permission to own.

Instead Trump hater's institutionalized discrimination that only certain people get to have them.,
edit on 5-9-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Did I just hallucinate the past two years of Trump supporters arguing the president should have the authority to institute whatever policies he wants without judges and the like interfering? Travel ban?

Bueller?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The dismantling of the institutions whose purpose is to protect us from tyranny. A president should never be able to just do what he wants without compromising with those who think differently than him. Yet him and a lot of his supporters somehow believe this is representative of democracy.

Step away from the hyperbole for a second and give me examples. I might do something crazy and agree with you on some of them.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You're cynical. I can't say you or I have lived under greats like Lincoln, but Obama was certainly at least a B or B+ President. Clinton

You're humoring a thread built off of hyperbole and words out of context in the interest of "freedom of speech".

Would you prefer the usual mud pit circle jerk of yelling at each other and sniping each other's political beliefs with silly strawmen and ad hominems?

But the guy who went after more journalists than all presidents combined is a B or a B+?

Got a source for that claim? That's a rather grandiose claim all things considered.

Just be honest, you like a president that is an extraordinary speaker and makes us feel good. Trump can be a royal jackass when it comes to words, but he can't hold a flame to the last two when it comes to actually infringing on our rights.

Actually I prefer a President that seems to care about the people he serves under. I spent a good three quarters of Obama's Presidency doubting his intentions and record after Bush burned my trust so deeply, but the numbers speak for themselves. The man comes across as compassionate and caring. He was willing to listen to right wing concerns about his policy ideas and even implemented a right wing solution out of compromise for the signature bill of his Presidency.

He wasn't perfect, but it's hard to fault the man as the worst or even terrible unless you have some severe bias against him. He DID pull us out of the worst recession since the Great Depression after all. That has to stand for something at least, even if you don't approve of the methods he used to do it. I certainly didn't and still don't approve of that bailout, but I can't lie and say it didn't end up working out.

Aside from words out of context, if he infringes on our rights as bad as those last two, he will be right down there with them with me.

I really don't see how Obama did anything as close to as bad as the Patriot Act. And even then I don't think that is as bad as Trump's neglect in PR (at least when you fault Bush for Katrina you can't say that he didn't try, he was just incompetent) or the humanitarian crisis he created at the border.

I really feel like you aren't giving these people an honest shake. Obama earned my trust. Trump is earning my contempt.
edit on 5-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

That is why the founding fathers wrote in that protection from tyranny with assualt weapons without having to ask the state's permission to own.

Instead Trump hater's institutionalized discrimination that only certain people get to have them.,

Hey, come talk to me when the government has already taken your guns. Until then, it’s just a hyperbolic fantasy.

At least according to the logic from some people here.

link   

Yes, no one said that. What they said was Trump should not be hampered by activist judges who are doing the wrong thing and playing politics with the legal system.

link   

Are you honestly insinuating that the Deep State's purpose is to protect the American people from tyranny?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Now who's driving around in a junker waiting for it to die alongside the road?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Hey, come talk to me when the government has already taken your guns. Until then, it’s just a hyperbolic fantasy.

The 'hyperbolic fantasy' was the Trump hater platform at their convention.

Lots of videos and articles that have preserved it for posterity.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Willtell

I agree with him. The Senate floor is not an appropriate venue for protests.

Anywhere with a "code of conduct" will not suffer disturbances.
I can't believe this needs to be posted here.
www.visitthecapitol.gov...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Yes, no one said that. What they said was Trump should not be hampered by activist judges who are doing the wrong thing and playing politics with the legal system.

Why is it ok for conservatives to have used activist judges to shut down Obama's policies but not ok for liberals to do the same against Trump?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

And that’s your interpretation of them as “activist” judges, nothing more.

The idea that disagreeing with Trump makes someone an “activist” a “SJW” or a Democrat is part of the problem here. And part of the propaganda. Once you classify someone as the other, the less worthy, it ends conversation.

And that’s the point of it.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

Did I just hallucinate the past two years of Trump supporters arguing the president should have the authority to institute whatever policies he wants without judges and the like interfering? Travel ban?

Bueller?

lots of generalizations there,
perhaps one source of anyone saying trump should be able to do anything he wants?

oh and remember YOU were the one that posted this gem

A president should never be able to just do what he wants without compromising with those who think differently than him.

or are you actually a trump supporter?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

He's not wrong, though. We can argue over whether those actions were justified, but the fact that Lincoln suspended Constitutional rights and declared war against Americans isn't really up for debate.

South Carolina declared war against Americans when they seceded and fired on Fort Sumter. The history revisionism among you guys is getting scary... Now we have conservatives trying to make Lincoln out to be some pariah and evil President...

Not to mention, you are sitting there 150+ years removed from his Presidency, second guessing his decisions he made while under great stress and out of a sense of duty to maintain our country as a whole.
edit on 5-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
“Trump advocates banning protests” then uses a quote about disturbing confirmation hearings. Classic liberal tactic

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

There is no such thing as "conservative activist" that's a misnomer. Conservatives seek to hold suit, status quo, in for the long game. You're trying to compare judges who changed laws from the bench with judges who have acknowledged tradition and precedence and deemed that more appropriate than liberal changes on the fly.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The 'hyperbolic fantasy' was the Trump hater platform at their convention.

Lots of videos and articles that have preserved it for posterity.

Until it happens, it doesn’t matter though. It’s fake. It’s hyperbolic.

Remember, we shouldn’t care about something happening until it’s already happened.

Or so the logic goes...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I thought it was “we don’t know what’s in it until we pass the bill”

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

There is no such thing as "conservative activist" that's a misnomer. Conservatives seek to hold suit, status quo, in for the long game. You're trying to compare judges who changed laws from the bench with judges who have acknowledged tradition and precedence and deemed that more appropriate than liberal changes on the fly.

OHHHH. So that's how you spin it so you can whine about one side using the bench to get their way while agreeing with the other side doing the same. Gotcha. Thanks for clearing up those mental gymnastics for me.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join