It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump advocates banning protests

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I really don't take anything he says seriously. Just the entire Trump experience just screams "BAD President" to me. His terribleness is more the sum of his parts and not any one action.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Tell you what, when he's put you in chains... when the progressives of America are locked in prison, minorities all shipped back, liberals dead at the hands of his brown shirts, the women enslaved and the children all seized for re-education, then I will be the first to stand up and say "OMG, he's a fascist!" Until such time

It’s sad that it would take the wholesale slaughter of American citizens for people like you to believe you were wrong.

I think I’m starting to see part of the problem here.

Quote it.

Quote where Trump said wholesale slaughter.

Please read the post I was replying to.

Burdman said that, and that’s what I was responding to. I never said Trump said that.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

That fit FDR one of the greatest heroes of Trump haters.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I really don't take anything he says seriously. Just the entire Trump experience just screams "BAD President" to me. His terribleness is more the sum of his parts and not any one action.

Call me cynical, but I haven't been alive for a "good president" to compare him to.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Seems to me wholesale slaughter would die a crib death if Roe gets over turned.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

It’s sad that it would take the wholesale slaughter of American citizens for people like you to believe you were wrong.

I didn't say I'd believe I was wrong, I simply said I'd be the first to stand up and say he's a fascist... Please, get the facts straight.

Bottom line, the hyperbolic garbage flows like crap through a sewer from those suffering some Frankenstein's monster level amalgamation of Trump Deraingement Syndrome and Chicken Little Cosplay Disease and there's simply no reason to grant it merit or weight in absence of some real evidence. Put up, let's see some of this fascism for once, or STFU because nobody cares about imaginary boogeymen and whatever twisted nonsense that is the product of late night hyperactive imaginations anymore.

Ya dig?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

STFU because nobody cares about imaginary boogeymen and whatever twisted nonsense that is the product of late night hyperactive imaginations anymore.

That’s rich coming from the but Hillary crowd.

Ya. I dig. I dug.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Tell you what, when he's put you in chains... when the progressives of America are locked in prison, minorities all shipped back, liberals dead at the hands of his brown shirts, the women enslaved and the children all seized for re-education, then I will be the first to stand up and say "OMG, he's a fascist!" Until such time

Quote it.

Burdman said that, and that’s what I was responding to. I never said Trump said that.

Like I said, talk to me when you're broken, chained, and actually at risk. Until then, Foxy Loxy, Loosey Goosey, and Henny Penny may be able to assist you, I have neither the desire nor the power to help you work through these issues.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

STFU because nobody cares about imaginary boogeymen and whatever twisted nonsense that is the product of late night hyperactive imaginations anymore.

That’s rich coming from the but Hillary crowd.

Ya. I dig. I dug.

OK, evidence? Find a "but Hillary" from me, please. Or is that more hyperbolic nonsense thrown against the wall while running around scare mongering the falling of the skies?

You don't dig... clearly.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Quote it.

Like I said, talk to me when you're broken, chained, and actually at risk. Until then, Foxy Loxy, Loosey Goosey, and Henny Penny may be able to assist you, I have neither the desire nor the power to help you work through these issues.

Hey, I get it. You won’t believe anything is going wrong with America until it’s smouldering in ruins.

I had a friend like that who wouldn’t believe anything was wrong with his car until he was broke down on the side of the road.

Flawless logic, right there.

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Call me cynical, but I haven't been alive for a "good president" to compare him to.

You're cynical. I can't say you or I have lived under greats like Lincoln, but Obama was certainly at least a B or B+ President. Clinton as well since he was able to achieve a surplus. Heck, if you are old enough I'd even be willing to give Reagan a B or B+ (though he was no where NEAR as good as conservatives pretend he was). Even Bush jr., who I'd give a C- or D+ to, I hold as having been a better President than Trump is (and that is saying something when I think Bush is comparatively better than you).

Though the term "good" is subjective. Trump is distinctly worse than pretty much any President since Nixon. Hell, he may be worse than him, too. He breaks so many precedents in the wrong way, is extremely shady, doesn't listen to advice, and clearly has contempt for an entire political class. I can't sit here and say that every President of the modern era has been bi-partisan, but Trump is so far down the partisan aisle that he calls his fellow conservatives liberals. That's scary as I don't feel represented by the leader of my own country. I don't even feel like I'm getting lip service from him.
edit on 5-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

What other precursors can we look for?

Warrantless spying? Warrantless searches? Secret evidence in court? Assassinations of US citizens without trial (last guy used that one)? Going after the free press with the espionage act?

Those already happened, he didn't enact those.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Hey, I get it. You won’t believe anything is going wrong with America until it’s smouldering in ruins.

Got that way long before Trump ever got elected.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Lincoln was great?

Suspended constitutional rights, and declared war on his fellow citizens over a lie.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Lincoln was great?

Suspended constitutional rights, and declared war on his fellow citizens over a lie.

Uh... Neo, you may want to take a few steps away from the Kool-Aid.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

No, no... there's plenty wrong with America, this current president is just not one of the things wrong with the country, he's one of the people working to fix what's wrong. Again, show me the chains or shut the mouths.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

You're cynical. I can't say you or I have lived under greats like Lincoln, but Obama was certainly at least a B or B+ President. Clinton

You're humoring a thread built off of hyperbole and words out of context in the interest of "freedom of speech".

But the guy who went after more journalists than all presidents combined is a B or a B+?

Just be honest, you like a president that is an extraordinary speaker and makes us feel good. Trump can be a royal jackass when it comes to words, but he can't hold a flame to the last two when it comes to actually infringing on our rights.

Aside from words out of context, if he infringes on our rights as bad as those last two, he will be right down there with them with me.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

What other precursors can we look for?

The dismantling of the institutions whose purpose is to protect us from tyranny. A president should never be able to just do what he wants without compromising with those who think differently than him. Yet him and a lot of his supporters somehow believe this is representative of democracy.

We aren’t seeing that actually happen yet, we’re seeing a president who publicly asks why he can’t do that.

I believe any time we have a president who wonders out loud why he can’t get rid of these protections, we are all at risk.

Democracy is a fragile thing.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Again, show me the chains or shut the mouths.

"something, something, but Trump tweeted, something something."

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

He's not wrong, though. We can argue over whether those actions were justified, but the fact that Lincoln suspended Constitutional rights and declared war against Americans isn't really up for debate.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join