It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump advocates banning protests

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Well, looking at US history, the protesters that were traditionally ejected by force of law were black people protesting Civil Rights. There were also the poor immigrants at the turn of the 20th century, but they used water cannons on them instead.
edit on 5-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
www.senate.gov...

A code of conduct for visitors to the galleries is set by the Senate Committee on Rules and Administration and is enforced by the doorkeepers. In 1959 the Senate began printing these rules, which include a list of objects prohibited in the galleries, on the back of each pass. Forbidden items initially included cameras, packages, luggage, and hats. Eventually, electronic instruments, firearms, aerosol/non-aerosol sprays, pointed objects, and food were added to the list. Some activities are also forbidden, such as smoking, reading, taking notes, and applause. Children under the age of six are not allowed in the galleries.

As if this were the proper place to do anything other than sit and listen.
I guess it is a civil rights violation to not allow those under six as well??

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

You left out the "peaceably", but hey laws are different up there.
The portion you left out would legally cover the ejection of those not following the law.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not an political scholar, merely somebody who seems to spot incongruities.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I posted the link to the "code of conduct" as well.
The gallery is in no way meant to be a place to disrupt congress.
People are WELCOMED and ENCOURAGED to voice opinions on the steps or sidewalks or parks in DC, but not the gallerys in any of the halls in which official business takes place.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well, looking at US history, the protesters that were traditionally ejected by force of law were black people protesting Civil Rights. There were also the poor immigrants at the turn of the 20th century, but they used water cannons on them instead.

True.

He’s probably talking about how his Dad used to do things in the 1920’s.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Oh put it back in the deck.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Oh put it back in the deck.

What “old days” do you think Trump is talking about? Where people exercising their free speech could be dragged out of government venues?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

He just doesn’t understand the nature of democracy and freedom. His catering to fascists is understandable in lieu of his own understanding of freedom and democracy

Some people truly don't.

When Trump haters are taking out craiglist ads,busing people in, and paying them.

That's a clear subversion of democracy.

Maybe that kind of protesting should be banned.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You are simply not allowed to protest anywhere you like, in the US or not.
Quite correctly the fat, ugly people protesting at the Kavanaugh hearings were in fact thrown out.

Now, I do think that incentivising a protest with cash should actually be banned and those incentivising such protests should be arrested.

edit on 5/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It’s interesting how the rebuttal for Trumps argument here is nothing less than the constitution of the United States.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

www.constituteproject.org...

If you don’t like that the people you elected are being protested, suck it up buttercup.

That’s the sound of a democracy.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

peaceably

you are so right
just not in the way you intend to be

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

How much can Trump supporters take? How much proof do you need that your hero is a fascist-leaning demagogue?

For one second- consider the impossible: that his supporters *want* a fascist leaning demagogue.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Quite correctly the fat, ugly people protesting at the Kavanaugh hearings were in fact thrown out.

I would humbly suggest that if those physical attributes were grounds for removal, they'd be playing "Hail to the Chief" for Mike Pence. Why not stick to what's relevant?
edit on 5-9-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: Yawohl!

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

peaceably

you are so right
just not in the way you intend to be

Speech you don’t agree with isn’t violence. I realize that’s lost on a lot of people around here.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I would humbly suggest that if those physical attributes were grounds for removal, they'd be playing "Hail to the Chief" for Mike Pence. Why not stick to what's relevant?

It's not the reason they were thrown out, but they were, in fact, fat and ugly. I suppose it should be given some thought as to whether attractive people should be given more leeway...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Nothing Trump haters do is protected by the first.

See in a DEMOCRACY both sides get a say.

Acting like arses at Congressional hearings, destruction of private and public property and talking over people.

Is not protected speech or expression.

And by all means LEARN the EFF what PEACEABLE assembly means.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: Willtell

How much can Trump supporters take? How much proof do you need that your hero is a fascist-leaning demagogue?

For one second- consider the impossible: that his supporters *want* a fascist leaning demagogue.

Of course they do.

Supposed “Constitutional Republicans” unquestionably defend the greatest threat to the constitution this country has seen so far.

Because muh liberals.

And the majority are too spineless to stand up to Cheeto Benito on their own. How anyone could ever throw their support behind such a farce is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Nothing Trump haters do is protected by the first.

At least you’re honest about how you want to rape the constitution.

That’s something I guess.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

It's not the reason they were thrown out, but they were, in fact, fat and ugly. I suppose it should be given some thought as to whether attractive people should be given more leeway...
Ahhh...now I understand Fox News viewers!

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I say the same thing everytime I have to whip out my ID to buy a firearm, and pay $200 tax stamps.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join