It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump advocates banning protests

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Hey I don't like Reagan, but I can at least admit he did good for the country and tried his best in his own way. That's all I want. Putting the needs (or what you think the needs are) of the country above your own. So the simple way to end this discussion is that I feel like that is a quality that Trump fails to show over and over again. His Presidency seems to be more about his own needs versus' the country's needs.
edit on 5-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: underwerks

he dismantling of the institutions whose purpose is to protect us from tyranny.

That is why the founding fathers wrote in that protection from tyranny with assualt weapons without having to ask the state's permission to own.

Instead Trump hater's institutionalized discrimination that only certain people get to have them.,

Hey, come talk to me when the government has already taken your guns. Until then, it’s just a hyperbolic fantasy.

At least according to the logic from some people here.

OK, Here I am. I live in Massachusetts. Our governor, the representative our our government recently unilaterally (i.e. it was not a bill that was voted upon, she merely acted the dictator queen and declared it unlawful) retroactively banned AR-15 rifles. Anyone in legal possession of those prior to her declaration now had to turn them in, destroy them, or sell them out of state.

That is a concrete example of them actually TAKING away lawful firearms for lawful people who did nothing illegal.

Prime example of confiscation by decree of a single government official.

edit on 9/5/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I won't argue Trump's ego has always made me question his motives.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I agree with Dan-o, he cuts to the chase and exposes the real ramifications of the Soros-circus..

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

MA is one of the most corrupt states. Lived there 30 years. They have ignored legally binding votes by the citizens.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The United States of America is not a democracy at the federal level and it never has been one.

Who doesn't understand democracy and freedom?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Extremely fascist thinking. Just ask Alex Jones or Gavin McGinnis.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You cannot protest inside a public building
You cannot disrupt Congress

Dont know much of US laws , huh ?

From an old "Long-Haired Tree-Hugging Liberal Hippie Protestor"
Peace , love , and togetherness....
I remember

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gernblan
The United States of America is not a democracy at the federal level and it never has been one.

Who doesn't understand democracy and freedom?

the US is a REPUBLIC,and not a democracy. we do not allow majority rule. We have democratic style elections but use a Electoral college system to make it fair so the majority will not run over the minority.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Krazysh0t

www.kent.edu...

Four Kent State students died as a result of the firing by the Guard.
Don't forget that fires in buildings were part of the protest and that Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn were in SDS a radical group at that time behind it. I'm not advocating what the National Guard did, I am just saying that people on the Left deliberately stir up chaos of this sort and they know they are going to get a reaction of some kind.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
What about funded protest by Americans enemy to disrupt and cause violence?

Many of these protesters dont know why they are there , they just know they have been paid for it.

Do not destroy public property, do not block public streets and protest all you want.

If not send on the riot police and put these libs in a time out

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

In the old days, we used to throw them out.

I’m wondering what “old days” Donald Trump is looking back with fondness at.

Nixon and King George III are the first ones that come to mind.

I had more like Henry viii in mind.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

"PAID" protestors should be jailed

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Aren’t there already places in Washington DC designated where are and aren’t free speech zones?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

How much can Trump supporters take? How much proof do you need that your hero is a fascist-leaning demagogue?

Just ask yourself, honestly, what you would say if Hillary or Obama said things like this.

I got an idea for you, make an argument.

I'm sorry that Trump won't just quit to make you feel better, but lumping everyone together makes YOU the target, not whatever your point was in this tantrum rehearsal...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Never happen freedom of speech it would take a act of congress and would probably lead to trumps base abandoning him

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I HATE protestors. You can be protesting something that I sort of agree with... Save the (insert whatever here), No more drone strikes on buses full of children, we deserve free cookies, whatever. As soon as you block the road/my walking path and prevent me from getting to where I want to be and inconvenience/irritate me with all the yelling and stupid slogans & chanting etc... I lose all sympathy & usually hope someone with an SUV/Semi truck/street sweeper and less self-control says Fark it and rams through the crowd.
edit on 7-9-2018 by crunchypeople because: the site changed my F word to a # sign. wtf?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join